having a hard time keeping my tegus humidity high enough - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
bradpaden
having a hard time keeping my tegus humidity high enough

I'm having a hard time keeping my humidity high enough. Actually I've yet to get it high enough. The highest I can seem to get it is about 20%. He is in a twenty long with a 13 inch 5.0 uvb bulb with a red heat lamp. Its staying at about eighty degrees. Iv covered about half of the cage with aluminum foil to try to keep the humidity in. But still no success. Oh yeah he is on cypres mulch. Any ideas? The only time it goes up to 20 is when I mix up the substrate.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
frillielover17
Instead of the foil on the top of the cage, you can try placing a moist towel on it to help with humidity as well.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
bradpaden
Good idea thanks

Old 06-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
frillielover17
Best of luck with it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!