Thought you could just write in ANYONE on your ballot? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
WebSlave
Thought you could just write in ANYONE on your ballot?

I was out of town all last week, and wanted to check on the election results....

http://enight.elections.myflorida.co...referral=track

Hmm, where's the vote tally for Ron Paul? I know both myself and my wife voted for him. Sure would like to know how it is that both Connie and my own write-in votes for Ron Paul apparently have not been included in the tally.

So I emailed the local supervisor of elections about this detail, and got this as an answer:

Quote:
On 11/12/2012 11:09 AM, Henry Wells wrote:
> Mr. Zuchowski,
>
> Good morning, the answer is that Mr. Ron Paul was not a qualified
> write-in candidate. There were six WRI candidates for president per
> state list as follows
> David C. Byrne and Taralyn Treat Harris
> Andrew Charles Coniglio and John William Walsh
> Richard Duncan and Ricky Johnson
> Stephen G. Durham and Christina Lopez
> Erin Kent Magee and William Thomas Harney
> Jill Reed and Tom Cary
>
> If we can of further assistance please contact the office and have a
> great day.
>
> Buddy Wells
> WCSOE

So what in the world makes a write-in candidate "qualified"? So much for any right we thought we had to write in whoever in the heck we wanted to actually vote for. Apparently even those candidates have to be people APPROVED by our friendly and helpful government officials.

Seriously Roseanne Barr was more qualified to be eligible to be voted on for president of the USA than Ron Paul?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
Metachrosis
You got it Boss!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Ron Paul’s farewell speech

Old 11-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
snowgyre
I don't think approval by the government is necessary, I think that measure is in place that we can't vote in and force someone to take a position unless they actually say beforehand that they're interested? Otherwise Charles Darwin came pretty close to winning a couple county votes for Georgia congressman this year even though he's long dead...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...date_wins.html

Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I don't think approval by the government is necessary, I think that measure is in place that we can't vote in and force someone to take a position unless they actually say beforehand that they're interested? Otherwise Charles Darwin came pretty close to winning a couple county votes for Georgia congressman this year even though he's long dead...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...date_wins.html
I don't see how that could apply in this case, as most certainly Ron Paul WAS interested in becoming the POTUS.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
snowgyre
Hmm... but he officially withdrew? I'm not sure what the rules are, it would be good for someone to research though (I'm not volunteering... doing too much scientific research as it is, yay hybrid cattail removal on native grassland wetlands).

Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Teatime
I think it depends on your area and/or the election. For minor elections you might be able to just write in anyone, but for President they probably only care about who's registered.

Back in highschool we learned that a ton of people write in candidates like Mickey Mouse or Santa Claus every election, but it's basically just to show your disdain for the voting process. Even if they won the popular vote, the electoral college would only be picking from registered candidates.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
WebSlave
I believe that the point of the matter is that you can only REALLY vote for who the "powers that be" will ALLOW you to vote for.

No, I truly did not believe Ron Paul could win the election via a write-in campaign. But the fact that votes for him were just completely discarded indicates yet another slap to the face this man has had to endure in this process. In along with that we the voters endured that slap as well. The voting process is a shell game that has no ball under ANY of the cups on the table.

If anyone still believes that someone who can truly change the direction of this country has a snowball's chance in hell of actually getting into position to do this via the election process, well, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona that I think you may be interested in purchasing.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
Metachrosis
and it has been this way for over 70 years Rich
The facts actually prove this history much further back acouple of Century's.
Its just the last 70yrs preceding 2012 have been the most blatant and colorful.

The gig is up on the Two Party Democracy shell game

Old 11-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
Teatime
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I believe that the point of the matter is that you can only REALLY vote for who the "powers that be" will ALLOW you to vote for.
No, you can vote for anyone... but if they published a tally of every single write-in candidate the counting process would take forever because someone would have to physically read/record each one. The process is automated, they just get the totals.

You can only REALLY vote for anyone who has run the campaign race and won their spot as a party candidate. That opportunity is open to a wide variety of people if they have the money/popularity to put themselves out there. People may argue that the game is fixed, but I think it basically works (for people who have money/influence).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!