gett GTP to eat - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 11:17 PM   #11
Reisreptiles
Peter, I haven't worked with chondros and I am still learning about them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't having 1.5" of water in the tub make the humidity too high?
Also; what's wrong with feeding anoles, if I may ask?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #12
GMTIRRILL
if you feed anoles you run a risk of not getting it back to rodents as for the water I would keep the humidity at a level of light fogging on sides of tub get your temps to 85 to 86 at the hot spot and 80 to 82 cool spot and depending on age you might want to go to a smaller tub and feed at night

Old 03-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #13
East_Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTIRRILL View Post
if you feed anoles you run a risk of not getting it back to rodents as for the water I would keep the humidity at a level of light fogging on sides of tub get your temps to 85 to 86 at the hot spot and 80 to 82 cool spot and depending on age you might want to go to a smaller tub and feed at night
I disagree with this. If you feed the anoles to the chondro (or even more tempting to them: tree frogs or house geckos) they will not get stuck on them. They will grow out of it and start accepting rodents, no problem. The problem, however, is that they will surely transmit parasites to the chondro.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #14
East_Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisreptiles View Post
Peter, I haven't worked with chondros and I am still learning about them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't having 1.5" of water in the tub make the humidity too high?
Also; what's wrong with feeding anoles, if I may ask?
I have started three clutches of chondros this way. They can stay like this as long as they fit in the tub. There will be no water sores or RI caused by this. They will shed in one piece, every time, though.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #15
Tink
peter, I will try the water technique and then try to feed again in a few days! thank you for the suggestion!! (I've gotten him to strike at the mouse, and then I left it overnight, but nothing happened... ) Also, the humidity in that rack is fairly high as it is, but i'll try it and see if things change.

Im not gonna do anoles as they are really hard to find around here, unless you want to pay for pet prices.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #16
Reisreptiles
Alright, let us know how it goes! It's great that you've gotten him to strike, it shows huge improvement!

Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #17
Tink
well unfortunetly, after trying everything, I found my baby dead today

I did the water try, and tried a live and frozen (wiked hot) pinky, tried at 9 and 10 pm... got him to strike at it, but he never gothimself attached. Last ditch effor to force feed.. got it in his mouth and he waited a bit, then backed it out of his mouth.

Im wiked bummed, but feel like i've tried everything dont know if this means im not ready for gtp's or if I should just go for one thats started a bit more (and my mistake, on the basically impulse buy, from a wholesailer..)

Old 03-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #18
AbsoluteApril
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sometimes there's just nothing that can be done and you gave a valiant effort to provide the best care you could. my condolenses

Old 03-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
Snake-Queen
I'm sorry for your loss. You did what you could to get him to eat, it happens sometimes.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #20
JCCS
Never, ever force feed. The stress from that probably caused the death of the snake. You shouldn't even be touching chondros that young, much less force feeding. I don't know how much snake experience you have, but I'd probably get some more under your belt before trying a chondro again. They require a lot of patience and attention.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!