Midwest Tongs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-15-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
amabilis
Thumbs down Midwest Tongs

I just wanted to see if anyone has ever had problems with Midwest Tongs. I had a complaint about their tongs and they rudely told me that they could do nothing and that I know nothing and I wanted to see if they had given this condescending attitude to anyone else.

David Furphy
AKN Venom & Exotics

Old 09-15-2004, 05:13 PM   #2
gila7150
I own tongs, hooks, restraint tubes, sexing probes, feeding tubes and heavy duty kevlar gloves from Midwest. I've been 100% satisfied with everything I've ever bought from them. I've purchased from them in person at reptile shows and online through their website. They've been completely professional and helpful every time.

What was the problem with the tongs? Can you be specific about what went wrong and what they refused to do to make it right? Do you have any emails you can post that back up your allegations?

Old 09-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #3
CAV
I'd have to agree

I've bought several hooks, tongs, and bags and I haven't had a single problem with any part of a transaction. The equipment is top notch and high quality.

Old 09-15-2004, 06:20 PM   #4
Copperheadman
The only problem I've had with my tongs(Gentle Giants) is the jaw width,but that was easily resolved with some foam padding on the lower jaw. I find their products and customer service to be top notch,and will buy from them again without hesitation.

Old 09-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
snakegetters
That's downright weird. I've never heard of anyone having an experience like that with Midwest. Normally they go well out of their way to replace tongs that people have managed to break, even if they did some fairly silly things to break them (eg, running them over with a truck).

Who did you talk to over there?

Old 09-15-2004, 08:15 PM   #6
PitElLampro
Tongs

They're the best I have ever worked with.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:30 PM   #7
Seamus Haley
I've gotta confirm what others are saying... top notch products for a wide variety of applications and customer service which is beyond reproach. A few of the items they sell aren't appropriate for a given application but really that's YOUR fault for buying the wrong item, rather than their fault for selling it... I'm also curious as to what complaint you had, how you delivered it and what their specific response was.

Although I will say that the fifteen dollar (50%) price markup for the Mark O'Shea signature hook because it has a snazzy blue color, a replica of his signature and some additional padding (Bat tape people, bat tape) is a little absurd for those who look at hooks as a practical tool but they're obviously getting it and I'm not about to start holding grudges because my fellow consumers are silly enough to pay extra for it.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:38 PM   #8
SPJ
Top notch products.

Terrible customer service.

They DO have an attitude when something goes wrong.
I ordered something from them recently. It was lost by UPS. When I contacted Midwest to see if they could help, they told me too bad. Not their problem. They sent it, and if it didn't arrive, it's not their fault.

Now granted UPS lost the package but to give me the rude brush off was just wrong. There are plenty of other companies that will at least be nice to their customers and try to help with shipping problems (Scales comes to mind as a company with great customer service when there is a shipping problem).

I have always been happy with Midwest products and never had a problem in the past but due to the way they handled this problem with me, they have lost a customer.

My impression of this company is that they have a great product but could care less about the customer when a problem does arise.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:19 AM   #9
CAV
Alternative

I had a table next to these guys a few weekends ago. They have some interesting products and features. I picked up a new field hook.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:31 AM   #10
Tim Cole
Thumbs up Animal Capture Equipment

I also endorse the people at http://www.ace-cap.com/Merchant2/mer...tore_Code=ACEI
They are top notch with product and services. They deal mainly with Zoos whichis why you may not be familiar with them. I have several of their hooks and they are quality.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!