Difficult Questions... - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #81
Ophis
Maybe you could have a "Gauntlet of Death" option available to people who don't want to pay a fee. If you chose this option you would have to read every diatribe ever posted by Seamus Haley and then answer a 500 question reading comprehension test based on his rantings. I would just pay the damn money, myself.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #82
Lucille
Me too......

Old 02-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #83
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
Maybe you could have a "Gauntlet of Death" option available to people who don't want to pay a fee. If you chose this option you would have to read every diatribe ever posted by Seamus Haley and then answer a 500 question reading comprehension test based on his rantings. I would just pay the damn money, myself.
Hah! I can think of a handful of people I would put into that category that would put Seamus to shame. Actually Seamus is much more cogent them some people I have seen post. There are some that cause you head to start humming dangerously as you read their words.....

Old 02-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #84
Ophis
Im just kidding...I read alot of his posts (most of which are pretty good.) and manage to get at least half way through before speed reading them.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:17 PM   #85
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Now wait a minute. I want a calander with the hottest MEN here on fauna! I'm not going to name names, but there are some real cute guys that post here too!

We could do that also........... Just leave me well out of it and all is good.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:13 PM   #86
ExoticPetsWS
My .02 cents...

I have to be honest, I did not read through the entire thread....way to much for the few minutes I have right now, but I will TRY to get back to it at a later time..

I would pay for advertising but think the BOI should be free. With that said, I have tried advertising (in the classifieds section) on this site and really didn't get a good response. That doesn't mean it doesn't work, just that I didn't have any luck with it.

I understand the the financial constraints the internet puts on a person. I too find myself asking those "is it worth it questions". My husband hates the time I have to spend on the computer. We both run this business, but I do the websites and orders (in coming, out going and overseas). There are days I don't get to sleep until my kids are walking out the door for school in the morning!

I would pay if it came down to that. Just decide and do it. Most people will stay. The ones that leave...well you didn't need them anyway. Others will fill those spots in time!

Good Luck!

Old 02-02-2005, 11:25 PM   #87
Mickey_TLK
Well I just read every word of 18 pages, and yet again Rich your on the brink IMO. Below if what I feel like you feel like saying

"All of you free loaders with all your little bull ____ problems can go ____ yourself if you dont want to pay the 10$"

Do what you have to do and let the cards fall where they may. I will pay what it takes to come around, not sure others will.

This does bring up an interesting point. What if you charge 10$ per head and only 200 people stick around. All the advertisers pull their adds, and your down to 2,000.00 income from the site. Is that less then where your at now? Would that then be the end of the site. If so what becomes of everyones donation money from the auctions now. What of the membership money paid to a defunct site?

Honestly if you take 10 advertisers at your 300 a year large banner rate, that is more then the 2,000.00 from the 200 people that stick around. I think thats a better pasture to grab your money from.

I advertised on the site to support it. We had our situation, and yes I pulled my advertiseing. I still have my issues, but Id personally feel better paying 300 for a banner to help keep the site free, seeing everyone else pay 10 to get a membership. Im sure thats money at this point you really dont want, but should you decide against memberships, and you are willing Id pay it for no banner.

I still think advertisers, and blanket free lifetime memberships to all current members if the best way to go. If you want to make the newbies pay up to play do it. I still think this would solve the "troll" problem as a fine and a "new" membership would be the same.

Again just my 2 cents. Im not going to tell you to take a vacation, or any of that crap. That said you are at a break, so its obvious its time to make a decision soon.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:33 PM   #88
WebSlave
You have a few more threads to read, Mickey. Don't give up now. I think I have addressed most of your points elsewhere that I am not going to repeat again here.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:37 PM   #89
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_TLK
This does bring up an interesting point. What if you charge 10$ per head and only 200 people stick around. All the advertisers pull their adds, and your down to 2,000.00 income from the site. Is that less then where your at now? Would that then be the end of the site. If so what becomes of everyones donation money from the auctions now. What of the membership money paid to a defunct site?
Well, let me address this one point, even though I do believe I covered it elsewhere.

If the site does go belly up, then I have 1 year to keep the site running in order to fulfill the obligations of all paying or contributing members. So you all will know that at the very least, this site will still be around that long. If you see me terminate the paid membership offerings and start refusing yearly banner ads, then you can assume that I have come to the conclusion that the site has reached the end of the road.

That sound fair enough?

Old 02-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #90
Mickey_TLK
Im a little lost now, as I thought I had read most of the threads relvolving around this.

Either way Rich as everyone else has said its your site, do as you wish. That being said I, as Im sure many other people here, have tried to read and consider every angle of this thing. Im sure Im on atleast 80 pages relvolving this issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread