My Tequila Sunrise - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
MinLynn
My Tequila Sunrise

So,just for the heck of it,I figured I would post some pics of my beardie,Tequila. I don't know his exact morph(I'm supposing Citrus)or genetics since he was a rescue. I do know he is a little over 2 years old. He's PERFECT and spoiled rotten! He has his own clothes,carrying purse and leash. He loves being handled and loves being outside. He's only bit once and that was expected. He very rarely black-beards and that's only at our cats(he hates cats). I'd love to find him a mate someday since he is in such good health and never had any health problems over the past year and a half he's been with me.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
jeffwyatt81
He looks great for a rescue and super handsome as well. Very nice find, sounds like he now has a wonderful home with you too! Good luck on your search to find him a lady friend.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
MinLynn
Thank you! He was pretty skinny when we first got him and the previous owner did not have him under any UVB light. Just UVA. His litter-mate,Stump was with us for about 4 months before he mercifully passed away. His case of MBD was so severe that he only weighed 28g at almost a year old,could not move his hind legs and Tequila had bitten off one of his front legs. I had to syringe feed him a special diet and he spent as much time outside as I could take him. I'm sure Tequila was stealing food and bullying him(they were caged together)with the previous owner and that did not help matters. I was terribly sad when my little Stump passed but was relieved at the same time. I'm just glad I was able to provide him comfort during his last few months.

Tequila,I guess, wasn't really the rescue. We initially were going to buy Tequila but when my husband showed up,the lady said that if we took Tequila we would also have to take Stump. We agreed as long as we got both for free. We were not going to pay to take in what potentially could be 2 sick dragons. The lady that had directed us to Tequila said that Animal Control was forcing the owner to get rid of her collection of reptiles. I'm so glad they were! We couldn't save Stump but Tequila got a clean bill of health from the vet with the exception of being underweight.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
jeffwyatt81
Aww, Im sorry you lost stump, but atleast he is at peace now and like you said atleast he had comfort and love while with you and Im sure he thanks you for that. Im glad that person had to relenquish her animals, it sounds like she had no business having them in the first place. Im soo very glad you have tequila in your care now it really sounds like he has a great loving family with you and that brings a great smile to my face.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
spyder79
wow that is one gorgeous dragon, ones with that level of yellow saturation are not easy to come by. Congratulations on the awesome dragon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!