My knob-tail eggs are overdue.. help!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
Jess646
My knob-tail eggs are overdue.. help!!

I have incubated 2 pairs of knob-tail eggs, 2 wheeleri, 2 milii, at 82 degrees in proper conditions. I was told that these eggs usually take 60-70 days to hatch. It's now been close to 85 days on the wheeleri, a week less on the milii. These eggs are definitely fertile, as they have all been candled, and I have even seen dramatic movement inside a few times while candling, so I know at least that baby hasn't died or anything. Is there a point at which I should open these eggs? My instincts tell me no, but I've seen Youtube videos of people doing this with snake eggs, and I'm just wondering if I'm supposed to jump in at some point here. I'm probably just being impatient, but I really don't want my babies to die because they couldn't figure out how to get out of their eggs.. lol. How long is too long of a hatching time?? Thank you guys-
Jessica

Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Dont touch em, let them do their thing. they will either make it, or they wont! But messing with them is just asking for trouble.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
kenske
^^ I agree. I had knobtail eggs hatch at around 90 days. I incubated at the same temp range this past season. Longer incubation time often yields larger and more robust babies. Good Luck!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Jess646
Thank you guys so much! Makes me feel a lot better! I will let you know when/if they hatch. Now I just have to stop obsessively checking them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
eggs in incubator, gecko, incubation, knob tail gecko