please help!!!!!!!! sick dragon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
niksreps
please help!!!!!!!! sick dragon

Ok so I purchased the female bearded dragon from someone locally. She is about a year and a half and pretty yellow girl. The guy I was getting her from said she had a breeding accident. The male scratched her is is what he told me. So I expected her eye to be a little weepy. Well we met at night in a parking lot and I saw the eye as he had told me. When I got her home and in the light I realized both eyes were weepy. One eye was scratched as he had told me. This guy really pulled the wool over my eyes, let me tell you. She has crust buildup in her nose. Doesn't appear she can breathe out of her nostrils. She also has an orange film around her lips. She opens her mouth and it whistles. So she has an upper respiratory infection correct? I have never had a sick dragon like this before. What do I do? How can I get her back to normal? Also I noticed that she isn't eating very much and hasn't lost any weight. So I put her in some dirt thinking she may be pregnant but she won't dig. She just sits there. Well this morning I came down and she popped out an egg last night. So she is pregnant on top of having an URI. What should I do? She is back in the dirt. Now she's really sick and pregnant. This is a lot for her little body. I can't believe she was this sick and this guy bred her like that. Any suggestions??? I am out of ideas. I really don't want to lose her.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
SamanthaJane13
Time to get her t a vet!!

Sounds like she not only has eye issues, but respiratory problems as well!!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
JordanAng420
Definately get her to a vet as soon as possible...she needs the works...bloodwork/x-rays/injections, maybe even some fluids. Just be prepared, and bring your wallet!

Also, have everything the vet says documented so you can start building a case to post on the BOI about the guy you bought her from.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
angie.h
Yes, a vet ASAP...until then, keep her as warm and stress free as possible. She'll be critical if she has a bunch of eggs in her. Try very gently giving lukewarm waterto drink with an eyedropper. Keep her tank warmer at night, around 80. And take pics of her now so the seller can't say she got sick after you had her for a few days.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
niksreps
Thank you all so much for your help. They buyer is local and sold off his entire collection. He's not on fauna so I don't have a lot of info on him. She laid her eggs last night. about 19 that were not fertile. But I am happy we got them out. thanks again guys. I hope she pulls through.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!