Lee Gibson 'Joe' bad guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-26-2004, 04:41 AM   #1
Lucille
Lee Gibson 'Joe' bad guy

I saw an ad over on KS for a boa, the guy selling it (his email says he is Lee Gibson but he called himself Joe Classified in the ad) was north of Houston so I would not have to pay shipping. I offered to put a deposit on the animal and pay for it in 1 week on payday; he emailed back to say I did not need a deposit, he would hold it for me.
I just got an email where he tells me his girlfriend sold the snake without telling him, and then he had the gall to tell me his snake cage was for sale.
There is nothing I can realistically do, but I am disappointed at the way this went.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
The BoidSmith
Lucille,

Do you believe he should be labeled a bad guy just because of this? If in fact his girlfriend sold the boa, what can he do about it now? Mistakes happen and this could be one.

Kindly.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #3
Lucille
Maybe you are right. But if it had been me, I would have had the gf call the buyer back and cancel the deal, telling that person, rather than me, that the sale had already been made.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:49 AM   #4
dwedeking
Yea, but you don't have to live with the GF While irritating it may have been a choice between you being mad at him (living in another location and without daily ties) and her being mad at him...

Old 05-26-2004, 09:56 AM   #5
Lucille
OK, how is this:
instead of labelling him a bad guy, how about I just put out a caution that if you strike a deal with him, his GF has to OK it?

Old 05-26-2004, 10:10 AM   #6
Bci Joe
That's funny and probably more effective in this case..lol..

I do NOT know this person, but I would see that as an excuse to sell it faster and get the money... he could possibly not even have a girlfriend!
I would not like to deal with a person like that again - to ME it is dishonest and untrustworthy (you either lied, or couldn't uphold the bogus gaurantee in the first place).

If you have someone else in business with you, why would you make gaurantees without them knowing or with the possibility that it will fall through? This junk simply does not fly in my book.

This reminds me of cases where I would buy an animal and expect it to be shipped that day or next day, and even request it, only to receive the animal a week later with excuses...
"I work all day and my car broke and I didn't have the shipping money and my dog hid my bus pass and...etc., etc., etc..."
If these are likely problems or burdens, then I believe you have no right gauranteeing anything! espacially a shipment date you KNOW you can't uphold.

So, sorry about the rant...
as mentioned before, I don't believe he is a bad guy. I would be upset with HIM for MY experience and not deal with him again.
I would also let others decide for themselves... maybe some people think this is fine or fair. To each his own..

Lucille, hope all is well for you...
I've learned that it is much better/more efficient and less stressfull to learn the lesson, forget about these people and move on..
This is a good place to check people out...

Wish you the best in the future.

Take care - Joe

Old 05-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #7
Lucille
Joe, I need to give credit where credit is due- the boa I purchased recently from YOU is all you said it would be, arrived exactly when you said it would, was beautifully packed. From start to finish you are a professional.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:35 AM   #8
The BoidSmith
Quote:
But if it had been me, I would have had the gf call the buyer back and cancel the deal, telling that person, rather than me, that the sale had already been made.
Lucille,

Maybe it was you the one that was in second place (although the right thing to do would have been to tell you there was a sale pending though). That can explain why he didn't want you to paypal a deposit. The boa was probably already spoken for.

Regards.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:49 AM   #9
Bci Joe
Thanks much Lucille - it really feels great when the customer is pleased and satisfied with my animals and service.
I really appreciate it.
Lucille was also the ideal customer - I wish there were more like her!

Thanks again, Joe Rollo ~ BciJoe

Old 05-26-2004, 07:09 PM   #10
Lucille
Alvaro was prolly right, I was prolly second. I hafta admit I was mad so I emailed him and told him that he should cancel that deal. He emailed back that he was sorry, it was sold, but he might could get another for me.
The pics with the ad showed this snake being handled by various members of a family and that's what I thought I was getting. If he can turn around and just get another, it sounds more like a business and if so I am less inclined to be forgiving of what happened.
Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I feel.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!