HELP!!! I have lost my cornsnake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2003, 02:39 AM   #1
finsnthings
HELP!!! I have lost my cornsnake

Please someone help me, what can I do my baby albino corn snake has escaped from the tank. Does anyone know what I could do to find her, we have looked everywhere. Anyone with any ideas please help we know what room just cant find her. anything we can do to get her to come out.

Old 10-19-2003, 01:14 PM   #2
JungleHabitats
Exclamation A MILLION PLACES TO LOOK

Well how long was she gone before you noticed ?

Depending what room shes in i would look through all dresser drawers , piles of clothes, shoes , boxes ,bed springs cabinets under aplliances as title states a million places to look you might try placing a shoe box out w/ a heat pad under it in hopes she/ he will go to it for it good luck!

Old 11-09-2003, 04:30 AM   #3
King Cobra
well...
i would look at windows, i lost my corn once and i found a day later near the window .
BUt there are really lods of places it could be just make sure that u keep the doort closed!

Old 11-10-2003, 04:20 PM   #4
lds2
Where were you keeping the snake, was it on a shelf, desk, window sill etc... My experience has been that cornsnakes like to move upwards. If it was kept on a bookcase or shelf, I would look higher up.

The other thing I would do is seal off any floor vents so that the snake can't crawl into the duct work of your furnace. One of my son's snakes escaped a went down the floor vent and the smell a day later let us know that it had died.

Kathy Love's cornsnake manual gives some ideas about locating a lost snake such as putting plastic grocery bags around the baseboard of your room. If the snake moves around the base board, which it is likely to do, you will be able to hear the snake and hopefully retrieve it. You might also take a two litre pop bottle and place a dead pinkie inside. Then rig the opening of the bottle so the snake can enter but not leave. The smell from the dead pinkie may attract the snake into the bottle and it won't be able to leave.

Hope I helped. Good Luck.

Larry D. Stassin

Old 11-12-2003, 03:46 AM   #5
Adam Block
Try towels along the baseboards. Also, do a good once over, I've never lost a snake for good but they hide in odd places.

Stupid as it sounds, think like a snake would then start looking. Small places and pull out draws in dressers to look in the little spots behind and under.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:27 PM   #6
Molly
I lost my small corn snake and my husband made me duct tape
the outside of the door so he wouldn't get into the rest of the
house. The next morning I opened the door and there he was
all stuck to the duct tape. It took a little work to get it off but he
ate that night and is fine! Good Luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!