My First Time - Read the details! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #1
JColt
My First Time - Read the details!

No Not Sex!

First time eating Sushi. Tuna on a bed of shredded crab meat, laced with some tiny fish egg looking stuff and some seaweed and avocado over rice. It came with 6 sauces of which I liked all but 2 of them. I was surprised but it was a very tasty meal. Wife brought it home for me. Her and her brother and sister met for dinner to discuss her parents care.

Old 01-24-2020, 08:09 PM   #2
E.Shell
Yeah, it was dark, and I was scared, and all alone....oh wait...

Old 01-24-2020, 09:11 PM   #3
Insomniac101
Glad you liked it, but that's one type of food I just can't work up any appetite for. I don't really like "conventional" seafood anyway, and raw stuff has even less appeal! A lot of people absolutely love it, so maybe I'm missing out. I can live with that.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:25 PM   #4
Lucille
A slippery slope. The next step is Klingon gagh....

Old 01-24-2020, 10:51 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
My favorite category of food, Joe. Glad you enjoyed the experience.

Old 01-24-2020, 11:55 PM   #6
WebSlave
I would starve to death. And I love normal seafood.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:56 AM   #7
JColt
I actually thought same thing that I'd hate it. I was more worried about texture than taste but it was surprisingly good and nice to enjoy something different.

I don't know why I hesitated because I've always loved raw oysters but haven't had those lately because of price.

I remember going to Lee and Ricks Oyster Bar in Orlando in early 70's and I think they were a dollar a dozen then. I had a half a dozen at Red Lobster about a decade back and not the same.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:58 AM   #8
bcr229
I love sushi and would eat it every day if I could. There's a ton of variety and it doesn't have to include raw fish, though without it I don't consider the meal "sushi".

There's a restaurant near me that makes a great tuna sashimi salad.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #9
Herpin Man
I like sushi, too, but I seldom eat it, unless I am on the road. I love the hot sauce that burns the sinuses.
My wife absolutely hates sushi, which I find odd- because she has never tried it.

Old 01-25-2020, 02:34 PM   #10
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
I love the hot sauce that burns the sinuses.
Wasabi is great on a lot more than sushi. If you want to have fun with people at a pot luck, add a bit of it into the egg yolk mixture when making deviled eggs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!