Adam Block (Inquiry) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2003, 10:23 AM   #51
The BoidSmith
Lie: "A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood."

Quote:
When I go to a website and see the words SOLD OUT next to an animal, I am under the assuption they breed this particular animal.
Nichole,

There are several examples of people in this hobby that do not breed but buy and sell reptiles. Some have very good reputations because of the genetic origin and animals they sell. If they sold what they had in stock, then I don't have a problem with them saying "SOLD OUT" even when they never bred those animals. It just means that, they sold what they had in stock. Well-known reptile importers will also state SOLD OUT when they run out of a certain herp, and maybe they never bred a thing in their lives.

Quote:
In my opinion if they never had the animal and put SOLD OUT next to it on their website they are misrepresenting themselves, in other words deceiving their customers just to make themselves look bigger and better then what they really are.
If the intention is to deceive the customer into thinking you have a certain reptile morph that you don't just to make you look "bigger" then I agree with you.

Adam never addressed this issue himself. We don't know in which of the two categories he falls. He might have sold at retail prices (in his page he was asking $2,500 to 3,500 for albinos) all the animals he bought wholesale (I assume he bought them for less in Daytona (Show-quality animals!)

The other possibility is that he is trying to establish a reputation for hymself as a breeder of high end ball pythons. But he never openly stated so in his page so it would just be the reader's assumption.

So the question is SOLD OUT of what? Animals he never produced (IMO unacceptable approach) or animals he bought to be sold (IMO acceptable practice).

Best regards.

Old 02-02-2003, 10:47 AM   #52
ms_terese
About that feed card

I believe that the feed card that was posted is for the animal that survived, so there is really no issue about that snake.

The original post with the feed card stated that the other snake that was purchased died a week later, and therefore they'd not kept the feed card.

However, what's interesting there is that Adam had originally stated that the snake that died was what originally piqued his interest in having NERD snakes die "a couple of days apart". The sales receipt for the other dead snake shows 5/30/02. That means that the snake that died "a week later" would have died the first week of June or so. Adam reports his snake died in the beginning of October.

1) How is 8 weeks "a couple of days apart"
2) How could Adam think they were from the same line, therefore causing it to be genetic? I don't know any eggs that hatch 8 weeks apart.

Anyway, these are more relevant to the other thread, but wanted to clear up the misconception that the feed card that was posted was NOT from a snake that has died.

Old 02-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #53
The BoidSmith
Quote:
So the question is SOLD OUT of what? Animals he never produced (IMO unacceptable approach) or animals he bought to be sold (IMO acceptable practice).
My mistake, it should have read:

"So the question is SOLD OUT of what? Animals he never produced or had (IMO unacceptable approach) or animals he bought to be sold (IMO acceptable practice)"

Best regards.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:05 PM   #54
Golden Gate Geckos
FROM A "NEWBIE'S" PERSPECTIVE...

I've been involved with the BOI for a few years now mostly as a "lurker", and only just recently re-registered in order to post. I think the BOI runs circles around the "other" website in that it allows for open inquiry and discussion about doing business in the Herp Community, but I am concerned when there is so much infantile flame-throwing going on, and am feeling defensive about the obvious dvision of "old-timers" and "newcomers".

People are exploring Fauna as a potential alternative for the disillusionment that is felt with the admisnistration practices of the "other" website, and it is discouraging when Moderator for a BOI Forum needs "moderated." Also, to quote one of the moderators:

Quote:
Adam's words were taken at face value, and life went on. Alas, his little deception lasted all of one week. After that, he was back to spouting off about how much of a joke the BOI is, how easy it is to manipulate people, etc. It seemed as if every other thread was interjected with Adam's little pearls of wisdom.

Adam was quite close to being banned from this site due to his constant trolling and baiting."
So, let me ask this question... What's with all the viscious name-calling, slandering, removal of posts, and and threats to "ban" people on this forum?

Marcia McGuiness
"The Lizard Lady"
www.thelizardlady.net

Old 02-02-2003, 01:23 PM   #55
The BoidSmith
Marcia,

Maybe you already read the thread below, if not, get a good cup of coffee, and plan on spending a good day reading through all the posts. That will give you an idea of what some people refer to.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...highlight=adam

Best regards.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:45 PM   #56
R Reptile Ranch
Daniel,

I totally agree with what you said. If he had the snakes then it would be acceptable to put "sold out" on his website. But if he as never offered the snake for sale then in my opinion he is deceiving the public. What it should say is "future project not yet available." Thats just in my opinion. When I see the words sold out that tells me that he either breeds them or has had them for sale in the past. If he is just trying to make himself look better then I think that is totally wrong and not only makes himself look bad but everyone else in this industry. Again, without trust from buyers we could not sell via the internet.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:46 PM   #57
WebSlave
Marcia,

There has to be a limit imposed in even the BOI as to what is acceptable behavior. A few people have been banned from here, and there certainly will be more if the need arises. There are people, unfortunately, that have no other purpose in life but to disrupt the lives of others and to cause contention and anger. The latest definition of the word 'troll' has been basically created as a spawn of the internet.

Unfortunately, there are times when serious discussion cannot take place when people acting in the capacity of trolls are continually trying to disrupt the process. I am extremely tolerant of such things and give people the benefit of the doubt, but the point definitely can be reached to where I decide that this place is much better off without them. In nearly all cases, I do so far after most other people have been ready to see them go. And in a lot of cases, I have not banned people that the majority of users here were insisting I do so.

Recently I have had a system implemented here that will give a visual record of warnings that could result in a person being banned if the warnings are ignored. This has not been fully implemented yet, as I need to get some feedback about what actually constitutes sufficient grounds for a warning, as well as to what level I should allow the warnings to reach before a banning is warranted.

But as has been said before, I am more inclined to allow someone the opportunity to wrap a rope around their own neck than I am to try to save them from themselves but stopping them from posting here. But someone just posting flames anonymously will be ousted rather quickly.

As for the rest of the site, please note that there are a LOT of forums here now, and they will be moderated in the classical sense that people are expected to be civil. Disagreements with anyone, moderators and myself included, are perfectly acceptable, except to the point that someone is posting for no other reason than to bash someone else. Bear in mind that the warning system I am implementing will be active in those forums as well.

I believe I have been fair about how I treat people here, but probably not everyone on the planet will agree with that. But I do believe that if I find the need to ban someone, it will not come as a surprise to anyone, and I suspect that most people's only gripe will be that I waited too long to do so.

As for a division between old timers and new people, there is no way around that. People whom have been around here quite a while are going to feel that they are talking to family and friends, and quite often are not going to reference something they say that is common knowledge amoung the 'old timers'. There is just no way to avoid this. Certainly it is going to make some of the newer people feel like they are on the outside, but that would be true probably anywhere. It has always been recommended that newcomers to any message board spend a lot of time lurking before jumping into a conversation. It certainly is not a requirement here, but maybe some time reading older threads would be worthwhile.

Infantile flame throwing will be dealt with as needed on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, sometimes this is a determination that is in the eye of the beholder and is not absolute. Sometimes one's style of writing is just such that it appears to be flaming. I try to take as much into consideration as I can when reading what someone is saying. Also, someone coming under fire and feeling that they personally and professionally are being called to the mat for their actions will often get hot under the collar. Although this must be tolerated, to an extent, there will have to be a point to where it is just more than is prudent. Again, I will sometimes decide to keep on allowing that person to wrap more rope around the neck. People will be strongly judged by the way they act here and it may be in everyone's best interests to allow a true picture to fully emerge.

I hope I covered your points sufficiently. But in all honesty, this is drifting away from the topic quite a bit. I have a forum up in the Admin & Other Irrelevancies section that is called Discussions about this site that would be much more appropriate for these types of discussions.

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2003, 02:19 PM   #58
Classic Dum's
Quote:
What's with all the viscious name-calling, slandering, removal of posts, and and threats to "ban" people on this forum?
Anger and hatred can make you do things you normally wouldnt. On more then one case I have seen Rich violate his terms and what he tells people to do here lately. Simply I see his anger turning him into the monster he tries to make the "other" admin out to be.
Quote:
If Rich Zuchowski ripped someone off, and he was unwilling to do right by the person in question, I promise you that this board would go down in flames calling Rich out for his actions
Well lets so how the board take to Rich budding up with a thief and trying to align his moderators with them.

I am amazed by some of the things on this very site. This site is here so someone can inquire about another and so people who do right can get recognized and to weed out the thieves correct? One thing that has baffled me for a long time is Riches alignment with Adam Block. We all know Adam is a liar and a thief. Adam got busted a long time ago because people who trusted him sent him animals and told him to pay them once he got them. Well he never paid them, and when called on it said “that’s an issue for me and him”. In other words shame on you for bringing this up here. Adam is thief I don’t care how anyone looks at it he is. But then you have Rich who starts this site aligning himself with him. He has even gone as far as to tell Richie(moderator of another section of this site) to be buddies with him when the both got banned from kingsnake. Heres Riches words to Adam
Quote:
When I asked him(Richie Luna) to tone it down about you, it was a simple matter for him to come to the conclusion that you were in the same liferaft(referring to them both being banned from another site, trying to align the army) and it was a good idea to stop trying to push you out to the sharks. Probably two people can row better than one can
So he wants this sites ferret to stop pushing a thief to the sharks and climb in a boat with him, coming from the guy who started the site, go figure. Now here we have another interesting comment from Rich towards Adam
Quote:
I am actually appreciative of the fact that we don't have that friction between us any longer
So Rich starts a web site to catch thieves and when it catches one of those thieves he turns around and tells that thief he is glad theres no friction between them, go figure. Because that was your original intent wasn’t it Rich, to weed out the thieves in this business. The reason you started this board was the $1200 check you got taken for by the army guys wife I think at one of the Carolina shows. why would Rich tell one of his moderators to hope in a boat with a thief and known liar? Why would he tell a thief he is glad there is no tension between them etc etc. I mean come on that’s makes no sense.

Anyway “I want to know your experiences” My experience with Adam sucked! I was very patient with him he drug on our deal for the sipper tubes for weeks. Had excuse after excuse as to why he hadnt shipped them in the agreed upon time then he acted like it was a big joke when I got upset about it as I needed those sipper tubes in the agreed upon time. As far as the balls when I spoke to him over the phone to confirm our deal about the tubes he seemed like a guy who loves to talk. He went on about his snakes and various other things however never did he mention anything about ball pythons. He proudly rambled about a ton of other species he claims to keep but never mentioned Balls. So I cant help ya there, but from my experiances with him would advise anyone against dealing with him.

Old 02-02-2003, 02:28 PM   #59
Golden Gate Geckos
Rich,

I posted a reply in the "Admin & Other Irrelevancies" section. Thanks for letting me know where I needed to go with this.

Old 02-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #60
WebSlave
Jason,

I do believe that it is simply a matter that you are so blinded by your hatred for Adam Block that you view ANYONE whom might try to keep a discussion about him fair and even handed as joining with the enemy. Just because someone will not join in your crusade along with you, you apparently feel that they are choosing sides against you.

But than you for voicing your opinion on the matter. It reminded me of another option that I wanted to add to the warning system I am implementing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!