Possible female Water Monitor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
darksidereptiles
Possible female Water Monitor

SOLD! Found her a home at a local wildlife refuge.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
frootloops
?

where did u find them? been looking but cant get one anywhere?

Old 06-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
darksidereptiles
From a local monitor breeder here in Central Florida. I am open to offers if you're interested.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
TailsWithScales
Do you or the "breeder" have proof this animal is a true captive bred /born animal?
If so please email me. tailswithscales@gmail.com
Proof meaning gravid female, eggs laid, babies pipping, birth weights etc..

Old 07-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
darksidereptiles
They came from Shawn Potts in Merrit Island Florida and he got all of his stock from Dan Turner of Tarpit reptiles. Shawn does not use the internet but he is local here and has a 16 acre farm which he uses mostly for reptiles. There are many people here locally however who will vouch for him as well as I can give you his number to contact him. However I never stated this monitor was CBB it could have been from a W.C. female but it was 100% not an import and was Captive Hatched. Whether it was from his breeding stock or a W.C. female I didn't bother asking as I've bought many animals from him especially monitors. If you're TRULY interested I will go through the trouble to obtain this information as far as pictures etc. Don't appreciate the "breeder" thing by the way I've got a great reputation and have never misrepresented an animal for the sake of a sale.

Thank you,
John
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
TailsWithScales
No offense was meant. You're right. You did not say that animal was a captive bred. And I was not calling you the breeder. I was using that in reference to the person(s) you obtained the animal from. I am interested but if it's a wild caught, TO ME, it's not worth $200.00 plus shipping.

Captive hatched is not the same as a truly captive bred animal. Captive hatched means that the gravid female was taken from the wild and the eggs hatched in captivity or they are what's called "nest raided" eggs and hatched in that county and then shipped after hatching. So that's why I wanted more clarification on exactly what the animal is.

I do not mean my post and my original post offensively and I'm sorry you took it that way.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #7
darksidereptiles
Hey no problem, there just seems to be a lot of people on these forums that would rather stir things up then browse even with no interest. I see it in one out of every half dozen threads it seems. But I will get ahold of him tomorrow to get the specifics along with any hard evidence he may have along with records hatch dates etc. I know it wasn't an import. The only imports he buys are large females. Sorry if I seemed snappy haha the quotes just made it seem more like a negative comment and just wanted to clear up any things people may have misread in my original post. I didn't put CH or CBB because I honestly was not sure if it was Captive Hatched or Captive bred and born (he does have both as he has about a 1/4 acre area of water monitors), So I just put CB for Captive Born because it was indeed hatched at his facility I am 100% sure of that and will provide you with more information as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest, and response. As this does allow me to get more information to other interested parties who may have had the same questions/concerns but didn't want to ask.
John
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
darksidereptiles
4th of July Sale ONLY! Trying to make a couple of extra dollars for this weekend. I have a lot of family coming in. 1.2 Trio for $475 SHIPPED anywhere in the continental U.S.! If purchased and sent to my paypal by NOON July 4th. This is the best deal you're going to find anywhere on a trio of Dumerils. 1.1 Proven and currently breeding and the other .1 is ready to go. Will get you pictures of all IF you're honestly interested. Will be home, and online all day so please send requests immediately! Also selling my possible female WATER MONITOR this weekend only for $210.00 shipped! Will combine it with the Dumerils for an additional $180.00. So take 3 dumerils and a water monitor for $655.00 SHIPPED!
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
jadednightdragon
This is the same monitor on craigslist... But on there you said the animal need rehab:

"Recently rescued a female water monitor. She is missing one hand and needed some minor work done at the vet. Only picked her up because she was in need of some good care. Paid $150.00 for her and then another $100 in vet bills, and food. She is now eating great on f/t chicks, mice, ground meat, and pretty much anything else she is offered. Not picky at all. I just want her to go to a good home with someone who can accomodate her eventually large size so I'm only asking $200.00 to rehome her but please make sure you can take care of her. She is very friendly but I wear light duty gardening gloves when holding her only because of her large nails. Never hisses or bites, but does try to run away when it's time to clean her cage haha she loves her water dish."

I'd take her, but my price range is 100. And I'm only a hop skip and a jump from you. (Palm Bay FL) I know a lot about reptile rehab and about this species. If your willing to come down on the price, I'd take her. If you want to know more about me, send me a message.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
darksidereptiles
I said I Rehabbed her. She is going here locally. To a wild life refuge in East Orlando. So she is SOLD! $85.00 is way too low I've got way more into her between vet bills etc.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread