The Spider market - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-12-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
dhserps
The Spider market

Im just looking for different opinons on the price of the spider. I honestly feel next year there will be a dramatic price drop on this morph. It will be very interesting to see how the price tags will be in Daytona next year. I think it will only take a few years until the price is at right by albinos or below. Just think how many spiders are going to be popping out this year and next. I find it hard to beleive that someone would pay 4500 - 5000 for a female. Im looking for some input not arguments.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #2
Tripple H Herps
I do not think males will drop down to the albino level just yet. However females I do believe in a couple of years they will! There is a large amount of over breeding being done with these snakes. Also the fact that these guys are co-dom does not help sustain there market. I truly believe the spider market will go crashing down very quickly in a very short time. I am not saying these guys are not fun to have. I really love spiders and I think they would definitely be worth every dime you pay. However as a business decision not just pleasure, I would have to say I might just wait a little while before purchasing. There is just to many people breeding a snake that takes a relatively shorter amount of time to mature, for it to truly be worth it.
Keep in mind this is simply my opinion
Thanks, Jim

Old 12-12-2004, 03:16 PM   #3
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Also the fact that these guys are co-dom does not help sustain there market.
Spiders are co-dom?

I think they will keep dropping until they level out in the $2500-$3500 range, which I don't see happening overnight.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
Tripple H Herps
Yes, I have never bred them myself. However from what I have heard from all of the breeders it is a co-dom trait. Please check out Morph kings website. I believe it even says it there.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
gmherps
It's co-dom.
I believe the spider market will hold for the next few years.
But this industry will always have the few market crasher breeders that want to make a quick buck by selling a spider at $3500.

Old 12-12-2004, 05:13 PM   #6
Clay Davenport
Spiders have never been proven co-dominate. For them to be such there will have to be a super form as is the case with pastels.
Morph King's website does state that they are co-dom, but it's an improper use of the term.
As it stands the spider trait is considered dominate since so far spider x spider breedings haven't produced a new form.

Old 12-12-2004, 05:20 PM   #7
dhserps
I just

think buying a female you would not be wise ,but even if the price does drop wich it will because of how fast they can be produced. Even if you buy a male for 5500 or so and you produce 5 spiders and the market did drop down to albino level you would still be ahead and have an awesome looking snake wich you can throw with some other morphs.I just love the ghost spider its so unreal bumblebees are great I just perfer the ghost spiders. I think next year youll see the price of the ghost/hypo going up. I was looking for a ghost/hypo a little while back and could not find one no where i finally found an adult yellow ghost from Allan Bosch it did take a while.I just love the ghost anything you breed them with are just sharp. Thanks to all who replied.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!