Adam Block - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-24-2002, 05:50 PM   #41
Adam Block
That's what I thought.  Maybe I'm just the dumbass for not mentioning this from the start.IMPACT Reptiles

Too funny,
Adam Block

Old 09-24-2002, 06:21 PM   #42
HerpVenue
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have no clue what elite group you've all lost your minds and started talking about</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In any event, I'm in a group of breeders that focus on quality (not that others don't). spam_To keep that quality I don't do reptile shows, pet stores or allow visitors to my house. spam_</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>do you see what people are talking about yet?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I never said this or that persons snakes were bad. spam_I only said you don't know what the guy next to you is doing
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
While it is true you never said which person or persons has good or bad snakes
....your statement of "To keep that quality I don't do reptile shows" basically states that whoever does shows does not have quality animals. spam_No assumptions made no nothing....we take those words at face value...we did not assume anything.

Let me give you an example and explain it further.
"To keep away from stupidity....I don't deal with 'hobbyists' " spam_<--that statement says to me and anyone with a brain, that hobbyists are stupid.
Just like
"I do not hire military because I would like to keep my companies inteligence level up" spam_<-- That statement says that military people are stupid
Just Like
To keep that quality I don't do reptile shows spam_<-- that statement says people who do reptile shows do not have quality animals.

It is a "blanket statement"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nobody seems to want to either grow up and stop assuming things or admit that show and pet store snakes can't be sold with the same quality control.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>I was at a show last week or two. spam_I saw Rich Z's animals. spam_They all had their own container. spam_No one was allowed to touch them.
I went to another vendor to look at her animals.....I was not allowed to touch them Until I sanitized my hands.

So you are wrong.....Show animals can be sold with the strictest quality control measures in place

It is YOU who need to admit that they CAN be sold with strict quality control guidelines in place.

Old 09-24-2002, 06:29 PM   #43
HerpVenue
By the way...you need to rethink you fine print.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm so confidant that you will be happy with your purchase from IMPACT Reptiles that I'll give you a full refund (refund applys to cost of snakes only) within the first three months </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are responsible for all shipping costs, due to troubles with Delta I'm only shipping via FedEx at a charge of $39.00 (liability assumed by you). Because of this I'm willing to guarantee live arrival for a surcharge of 20%.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'> spam_The snakes are guaranteed for three months...but we have to pay extra to have them arrive alive?

and here is another thing that does not mesh well
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here is what my guarantee covers:

1) Lost packages.
2) Late packages
3) The full purchase price of the snake(s).
4) Deaths due to heat or cold while shipping.
5) Deaths due to mishandeling by FedEx.
6) Deaths due to nature.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here are the cases the guarantee won't apply:

1) You're not there to sign for the package
2) You have me wave the release signature
3) You don't contact me within 6 hours of delivery
4) You cannot prove the snake is dead, either through photo or by sending (paid by you) it back.
5) If the temps are either above 88 or below 55 the day of shipping
6) My guarantee and refund covers the purchase price of the snake(s) and not shipping costs or the surcharge itself.

Do you see it?
Your guarantee applies if the weather is too hot...but not over 88?
Your guarantee aplies to cold weather...but not if below 55?

You cover deaths due to nature?
What if nature made the temps go above 88? spam_Or below 85? Are they still covered?

Old 09-24-2002, 06:39 PM   #44
Bobby Douglass
That is the dumbest guarantee policy I have ever seen. Nobody in their right mind would buy from him if they read that.

Old 09-24-2002, 06:51 PM   #45
Casey Hulse
Adam. I think if you would STOP and read the comments made by people here, you would see that many of them are trying to give you a chance to step out of the hole you are in. Instead you keep digging it deeper.
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have no clue what elite group you've all lost your minds and started talking about</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In any event, I'm in a group of breeders that focus on quality (not that others don't). &nbsp;To keep that quality I don't do reptile shows, pet stores or allow visitors to my house</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In any event, I'm in a group of breeders that focus on quality (not that others don't). &nbsp;To keep that quality I don't do reptile shows, pet stores or allow visitors to my house. &nbsp;</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Do you have a clue yet?
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm in a group of breeders that focus on quality </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

You told me that the reason you could not ship my wire, was because you live 30 miles from the post office, and you have kids, and you have lots of eggs in the incubator. You said you gave it to your mom to ship, and she did not ship it. Then you told me you would ship it to me the following Monday(which you did) but you needed my address again. Why would you not have the address on the package that you gave your mother? You avoided my e-mails till I threatened to air the problem here on the BOI. Then you answered sarcastically and said I could have my money back.
I can see people falling behind and making apologies , but I think you run your business very poorly and lie to cover up your own incompetance. You may not be a bad guy, but you need to get that chip off your shoulder if you want to deal with adults.

You probably don't realize this Adam, but you are now a joke.

Old 09-24-2002, 07:44 PM   #46
HerpVenue
I want to play optometrist for the day.
Which is clearer A or B or C or D or maybe even E.??

A.Rich, I see no need to start a post about ethics or egos.
B.WOW!! spam_I must be doing something right if I've even gotten the bigger then life Rich in on this one
C.That's okay though, I have no ego issues.
D.Rich, you have got to come down to earth my friend.
E.Your ego is the only thing I ever hear people talking about

Next

A.I made no mention of the quality of the animals at the snows
B.show and pet store snakes can't be sold with the same quality
C.Do any of you buy from shows and not quarantine, I didn't think so.
D.Nobody has said they can for 100% fact get the same guality of snakes from a show
E.quality that can't be had by people doing shows.

Next

A.I have no clue what elite group you've all lost your minds and started talking about.
B.I can see why so many of the known, quality breeders are against this board, guess it's time for me to join the ranks.
C.I'm in a group of breeders that focus on quality
D.Breeders like Jim Kane, Myself, Walt Deptula and others in that Elaphe group

Next

A.I don't tell anybody what to do about anything and don't intend to start now.

oh yeah...check this out

B. Rich, you have got to come down to earth
C.the BOI is a great thing and tell everybody to check it
D.keep the gossip and opinions to yourself

Shall I go on with E through Z ? or do you get the picture?

Next

A.COVERED Deaths due to heat or cold while shipping.
B.NOT covered If the temps are either above 88 or below 55 the day of shipping
C.COVERED Deaths due to nature

And all along I assumed temps were because of nature.
And also all along I assumed temps above 88 were due to heat and temps below 55 were due to cold. spam_
Guess I was wrong for assuming

Old 09-24-2002, 10:10 PM   #47
Adam Block
It does, it's all far off the topic as it is. &nbsp;It's been fun to see how off track this bored gets.

if you're going to post my fine print post the whole thing. &nbsp;It applys in context but you wouldn't use it as such now would you. &nbsp;The fine print is to keep people off my back when the weather is hot here. &nbsp;There are times it 100 here and 40 where I'm shipping. &nbsp;I don't have a cold pack that switches to hot half way through. &nbsp;My interest is in the wellfair of the snakes and not the customers rush to get them. &nbsp;I'm okay with pissed customers but I'm not okay with dead snakes.

You've all ducked and dodged everything I've said and won't fess up with an answer. &nbsp;Can you for 100% fact tell a customer that a snake you sell at a show WILL NOT have mites? &nbsp;Of course not! &nbsp;Does that mean you have poor quality snakes? &nbsp;Of course not! &nbsp;Have you all taken offence to this? &nbsp;Of course! &nbsp;Why? &nbsp;Because you know you can't offer the same thing that a breeder not doing shows can. &nbsp;It's much easier to bash me then to admit it. &nbsp;I'm okay with that.

I've yet too loose a snake in shipping. &nbsp;I've never had as much as one mite in my collection. &nbsp;I've never had a bad fecal or a snake die of anything other then old age. &nbsp;If you can't say the same stop posting. &nbsp;If you can help me learn how to do so while attending and selling at shows. &nbsp;I'm always open.

If you also think this is getting old fast. &nbsp;Email me with your issues as they're not meant for this board. &nbsp;And why do you see the need to defend Rich? &nbsp;He's a big boy, if I'm wrong he can stick up for himself.

My last post,
Adam Block

Old 09-24-2002, 10:59 PM   #48
HerpVenue
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You've all ducked and dodged everything I've said and won't fess up with an answer. spam_Can you for 100% fact tell a customer that a snake you sell at a show WILL NOT have mites?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

When I finally sell at shows...........
I could for 100% fact tell my customers my snakes have no mites.
I have already formulated a plan to keep mites, ticks, flease and other cooties away from my collection while at shows.
Plus I have other defensive measures I could and would put into place to make sure the mites from next door vendors do not crawl over into my space....

you are right...we stray off topic.
The topic was about sipper tubes or whatever.
But you know what? spam_You are guilty of that as well.

the topic was sipper tubes.
and you talk about egos

The topic was sipper tubes
and you talk about shows

the topic was sipper tubes
and you talk about the quality of your animals.

The topic was about you and sipper tubes
and you want to talk about Rich and his animals.

Wait a second....come to think of it...
It is because of you that got this thing all off topic.
it is because of YOUR post that got this thing off topic.
And now YOU want to complain because this thing is off topic?

Want to know why I quoted all those things....
To show you ALL your statements do not coincide.
One second you say one thing...the next you say the exact opposite. spam_It is as if there are two different personalities typing at your computer.

Read the post I made before this one....You will see what i am talking about.

Old 09-24-2002, 11:17 PM   #49
franklinedwards60
Adam,
&nbsp; &nbsp; Stop digging.

The hole is going to fall in at anytime.

I hope you read this thread again as if you were an outsider looking in and you'll see what is wrong with the things you have said.

Good luck in your hobby the way you're going you're going to need it.

Old 09-24-2002, 11:25 PM   #50
HerpVenue
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's been fun to see how off track this bored gets.

Let me help you to see why it got off track

"I can see why so many of the known, quality breeders are against this board, guess it's time for me to join the ranks."
---can be found in your first post. spam_Shifts focus from you and puts it into this board

"In any event, I'm in a group of breeders that focus on quality (not that others don't). spam_To keep that quality I don't do reptile shows, pet stores or allow visitors to my house. spam_It's not for me to mention the breeders that do or don't agree with this forum but you can see who does and doesn't post. spam_I sure know the flack I got for putting the BOI link on my site. spam_I'll even keep that link there as it seems to have some use if you're new to the hobby.
spam_
----Found in your second post. spam_Shifts the focus from you and puts it into your animals...other people animals ..your breeding group...other breeders....animal shows etc etc etc

and you want to complain that it got off topic?

Oh yeah...the original poster was also asking what steps he can take. spam_So we tell him...Then you get mad because we answered his questions? spam_Well we can either stay on topic and answer his questions...OR we can stray off topic and talk about your high "quality animals"....which one would you prefer?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My last post,
Adam Block</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'> spam_Well I hope you reread this thing...
Then ask yourself why everyone got onto you. spam_Then ask yourself why it got off topic. spam_Then ask yourself....gee did I really do all that double tognue talk and dug myself deeper?

I am sure you are not a bad guy since I have seen nothing bad posted about you...
BUT
Next time try not to dig and divert attention elsewhere.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!