USARK NO More - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #151
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMetal View Post
Can we post stuff from other reptile forums? I'm noob sorry..She is answering questions on another forum,posting pictures even,to prove she was VP.
You cannot post stuff from that forum here.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #152
Warren_Booth
I will reiterate. The board never elected Erika as VP of USARK. If Andrew Wyatt decided to tell her that she was VP, that is there problem. The board never revolved a letter of resignation from Erika. If we did, she would have been informed immediately that she was not VP.

Many people attend meetings and sit beside each other, that does not make them VP. A VP like a President or board member of an association must be elected by the board. There was no election here.

Take that as you may but as a board member since day one I have a pretty good understanding of who has and has not been elected, or who has or has not been discussed. In various forums Erika acknowledges she was never elected as VP.

Warren

Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #153
LoudMetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Booth View Post
I will reiterate. The board never elected Erika as VP of USARK. If Andrew Wyatt decided to tell her that she was VP, that is there problem. The board never revolved a letter of resignation from Erika. If we did, she would have been informed immediately that she was not VP.

Many people attend meetings and sit beside each other, that does not make them VP. A VP like a President or board member of an association must be elected by the board. There was no election here.

Take that as you may but as a board member since day one I have a pretty good understanding of who has and has not been elected, or who has or has not been discussed. In various forums Erika acknowledges she was never elected as VP.

Warren
I believe you 100%,I'm glad they are gone..I see nothing but good in the future of USARK.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #154
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Booth View Post

Warren
After she claimed that title for, what, five months?

Dr. Booth, can you give us and idea when the 2012 USARK financial statements will be available?

Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #155
Skiploder
More USHA lies and BS:
http://herpalliance.com/2013/01/19/n...the-next-ohio/

The text as follows - before they change it - they already corrected the date to July 2012 from April 2012 after being ridiculed on their Facebook page:

Nevada: The Next Ohio?
JANUARY 19, 2013 BY HERP ALLIANCE

In July 2012, Senator Michael Roberson (R-Las Vegas) announced he will introduce a bill in the 2013 state legislature prohibiting Nevadans from keeping exotic animals as pets. Nevada is one of six states without a regulation on the books regulating private ownership of wild animals. Since then, Roberson has worked closely with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) on drafting the bill that he plans to introduce in February.

Herp Alliance has obtained a copy of the draft bill that HSUS has been negotiating with Roberson, which can be linked here: Nevada Dangerous Wild Animals Act draft.

Herp Alliance has heard rumors that members of the Nevada exotic animals community are working with PIJAC to introduce their own alternate bill and search for a sponsor in the legislature for same. Some features of that draft are rumored to be restrictions on the ownership of any constrictor snake that will potentially reach 100 lbs.

Although nothing has yet been introduced, Herp Alliance OPPOSES Roberson’s draft bill. It is over-reaching and onerous and includes a provision that allows the expansion of the term “Dangerous Wild Animal” by administrative rule. In addition, although the draft bill contains a grandfather clause for existing exotic animal owners, Roberson has stated that he’s, “not sure about giving current owners a pass on keeping a potentially dangerous animal.” Herp Alliance will reserve further judgment until the bill has been introduced.

Herp Alliance has not yet seen the alternate bill that is rumored to be circulating. However, in principle, the Herp Alliance would OPPOSE any proposal on the keeping of large constrictors based on arbitrary criteria, such as the animal’s potential adult size. This would potentially have a tremendously negative impact on species such as the reticulated python, where there is no species differentiation between insular island localities and the larger localities.

In a classic attempt to drive a wedge between the herp community and PIJAC and local Nevada Herp Groups, the Andrew Wyatt self-promotion machine accuses them of working on an alternative bill which will compromise giant constrictors. Then USHA goes on to take a hard line approach - making them seem like the take no prisoners group watching out for YOUR rights.

The truth is that there is NO alternative legislation being proposed by either PIJAC or the local exotic community who are standing firm with NO compromises.

Good work USHA - you got the facts wrong, you wrongly accused local herpers and PIJAC of working on an Ohio-like compromise. Did you do that on purpose or are you that stone stupid?

The questions are:

(1) Is this a deliberate attempt to cast PIJAC and the local herp community (REXANO, Foose, etc.) in a bad light by making them look like they are selling out certain species?

(2) Is this ham-fisted ploy by USHA to insert themselves in a fight where no one asked for their help?

(3) Or is this just the work of an attention starved prima donna in an effort to gain more financial support so that he can make what he truly believes he is owed?

With your donations, Herp Nation, you can raise $500K so that this guy can make as much as Wayne Pacelle on a fraction of the budget!

I think that the money should go to Zuzana of REXANO who handed Wayne Pacelle his left nut in their debate on NPR. She shut him up and gave him a verbal backhand without so much as an "um", an "er" or an "uh". This is in contrast to Andrew Wyatt who with his vast skill set and experience, was bent over, shaved, oiled, powdered and violated in front of a nationwide audience.

So while everyone is asking "Can't we all just get along?", it appears that USHA is not intent on doing that. Nope, they are intent on turning the herp community on PIJAC and the local hobbyists in Nevada.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #156
Arachno
All this drama with USARK and USHA is getting on my nerves. Witch organization are we supposed to support?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #157
WebSlave
Warning: Ladies and gentlemen, there is now a relevant thread in the BOI forum (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=376043) for the purpose of specific issues concerning individual persons, or companies, when their concerns need to be addressed specifically and directly at them. The BOI has specific rules associated with it that are not in force in the general forums, and all such topic matter NEEDS to remain in that forum for that reason. THIS thread needs to stay on topic about the general nature of USARK and their change of management without specific claims and accusations. I have no intention of allowing this entire site to become an extension of the BOI, and if necessary will lock this thread if attempts are made to do so. You all likely know that I really HATE to lock threads, so please don't force me to shut this discussion down here.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 AM   #158
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachno View Post
All this drama with USARK and USHA is getting on my nerves. Witch organization are we supposed to support?
Best we can do is weigh the information we're given, and make the best choice for ourselves. Some will side with one or the other, some will side with both, and some will side with neither.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #159
eryx4
who are the current board members?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #160
Warren_Booth
The current board of USARK can be found on our website - www.USARK.org .

http://usark.org/officers-directors/

Warren

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!