Sean Palmer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
SPZOOLOGICAL
Sean Palmer

Hello,

I haven't exactly been involved much here in the fauna community, but I have been poking my head in here for quite some time. This is a nice site and a nice community so I would like to introduce myself as well. My name is Sean, I'm single, 30, and I live in South Padre Island (SPI), Texas. I was born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where I have spent most of my life. Ever since I first learned to walk, I have always been enthusiastic about all animals. I have a deep appreciation for animals, but I am mainly interested in reptiles, notably venomous snakes. Like so many here already, herping is in my blood, it makes me happy, and I can't imagine myself doing anything else. Formally, I am a chef by trade, but I have supplemented my income over the years selling and breeding reptiles, and up until this past year (or so). Now, I enjoy doing it full time. In addition to selling and breeding herps, I have also (very recently) opened my own public exhibit, "The Cobra Gardens of SPI, TX", displaying and educating others about snakes in general. The exhibit over all pushes "snake appreciation", conservation, and recreation. It's very rewarding, and I have alot of fun doing it. My other main interests include cooking, bodybuilding, the beach, fishing and snorkeling. Welp, that pretty much scratches the surface. Hope you enjoy the pic!

Attached Photo is "Allison" and I
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
SPZOOLOGICAL
Talking a few pix of my exhibit

Photo 1: The Egyptian Cobra Exhibit - a 7ft+ Naja haje haje
Photo 2: The West African Green Mamba Exhibit - a female Dendroaspis viridis approx 10ft - The biggest and nicest one I have ever owned (or seen)
Photo 3: King Cobra Exhibit # 1 - Thailand Ophiophagus hannah - Male (the lighter one-left) is approx 13ft; Female (the darker one -right) is approx 12ft
Photo 4: King Cobra Exhibit # 2 - Indonesian Ophiophagus hannah - Male is an absolute MONSTER pushing 14ft. To scale those are large "pavers" inside the enclosure. I'm going to remove some of the decor to give the animal some more room. The terrarium enclosure is at least 200 gal capacity, and it seems a bit small!

Note the difference in coloration between the two different localities (Thailand vs. Indonesia). Given the broad range of King Cobras (Ophiophagus hannah) there is significant variation in their size, structure, and coloration.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Sean Palmer
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
SPZOOLOGICAL
Clarification

The photos didn't upload in order. Here's what they are from top to bottom.

1. Naja haje haje
2. Ophiophagus hannah (Indo)
3. Ophiophagus hannah (Thai)
4. Dendroaspis viridis

Sean P.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #4
psilocybe
*drooooool...*

Awesome pics Sean...a 10 ft. D. viridis?????? WOW

And those hannahs...okay, I have to stop staring now, my eyes are starting to hurt...

POST MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
SPZOOLOGICAL
Hopefully they load in order. If not, you can probably figure it out.

Naja nivea - a young red adult male

Ophiophagus hannnah a pic of my Thai pair during courtship. I have them introduced now. As you can probably tell...I am real and I mean REAL proud of my KINGS!

Oxyuranus scutellatus canni-a strikingly vivid male - PURPLE AND RED! A real prick too!

Naja kaouthia @ oviposition. She's so adorable....FAT TOO. She eats 5 large rats a week!
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
psilocybe
They were in reverse order, but yes, I was able to figure it out

AWESOME pics...hope you have breeding success with the hannahs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!