YES!! My First Poll here LOL!!!!!!!: What do you do for stress? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

View Poll Results: How do you take care of stress? (More than 1 OK)
I exercise: walk, bicycle, jog, etc. 3 13.64%
I eat an entire Sara Lee coffee cake 2 9.09%
Jack Daniels 5 22.73%
I call a girlfriend and cry 0 0%
Go and play basketball 0 0%
Go to Hell and type in weird stuff lol 2 9.09%
Invite a good friend over and talk it out 2 9.09%
Try to solve what's stressing me 7 31.82%
My doc put me on meds..... 3 13.64%
1/2 gallon Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice cream 2 9.09%
Find a gf/bf and spend 'time' with them 3 13.64%
Go for a long walk with my dog 2 9.09%
Margaritas 3 13.64%
I go SHOPPING! 4 18.18%
I can't cope I'm a bloody wreck 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2005, 09:53 PM   #11
Lucille
Either you life is fairly calm, or you must have a LOT of boas, lol.....

Old 02-10-2005, 12:18 AM   #12
Bill_Leverton
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Either you life is fairly calm, or you must have a LOT of boas, lol.....
Actually Both After the Ex's I found "Real Peace" and 15 boas LOL

Old 02-11-2005, 12:49 AM   #13
ms_terese
Why oh why do Banana Splits not make it into these polls? I mean, the ice cream is close, but it's not exactly the ticket....

Seriously, I try NOT to eat due to stress, because it would spiral out of control in a nanosecond. I'm learning to do breathing exercises or take a 5 minute walk. Amazing what fresh air can do for clearing the mind and assisting relaxation.

Oh, and I have one other secret: koosh balls.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #14
Lucille
mmmmmmmmmmmmm banana splits with choklit syrup and lots of sprinkly things on top....

Old 03-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #15
mycurlylocks
The first way I try to deal with my stress and frustration is to see if I can solve the problem.
If I can't solve the problem , then I have to calm myself down, take a deep breath, remember life is very short and that I am lucky in so many ways.
Next, after some cussing under my breath and an occasional shot of whiskey, I either go play video games or listen to my ipod. My ipod has been worth much more than it cost me. Usually I fall asleep after a bad day listening to it!

Old 03-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #16
NewEnglandReptile
Hit the elliptical machine with a good book & some Tori Amos. Great way to relieve some stress...or break your neck if you're not very coordinated & get distracted easily.

And Bless You, Lucille, for knowing about Blue Bell ice cream. No one up here has ever heard of it...ah, the little things to miss, not living in the South!

KLG

Old 03-10-2005, 05:37 AM   #17
Lucille
Blue Bell Ice Cream: Great for to cure stress, celebrate good events, and definitely an acceptable way to bring a bit of hedonism into one's life.....
Mmmmmmmmmm.......

Old 03-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #18
dragonflyreptiles
Well my entire "Stress Factor" comes from hoping that I am not making horrible mistakes with my children. I try to help them learn how to focus, learn that things have to be picked up and that you have to have a heart. Sometimes I stress out that I am doing it all wrong, then I talk to them and sit back and listen to them too. The one thing my parents were really good at was talking but they weren't and still are not good at listening so I try to do both.

If all of the talking and listening doesn't put me to ease, I listen to some of my favorite music

OR read a good Stephen King book, everyone is all of his books are much less worse off than Ill ever be lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!