WARNING! (Michael Duckworth) in MN - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
Spectrum Reptiles
Thumbs down WARNING! (Michael Duckworth) in MN

Typically, I would refrain from posting anything, but thought this was worth posting. I have a pair of Iran Desert Monitors(Varanus griseus) posted for sale on another website and this guy, "Michael Duckworth" in MN inquires about them. I ask him where he's located and he said, "MN". I ask him to re-read the ad. (CA SALES ONLY) As some of you may or may not know, these are a Federally protected species, so selling them across state lines would put a guy in deep doo doo. I gently try and explain this to him, and below is the response I get.

There are no laws in this state you dumbas$$ that would
prevent you from selling them here or me from
receiving them here. Maybe you could pull your head
out of your a$$ and call Bruce at Twin Cities Reptiles
here in St. Paul and ask him how many monitor lizards
he currently not only has for sale in his retail store
front, but how many he keeps personally. Clearly you
do not possess the skills and knowledge to justify
being in the reptile business. I figured when you had
monitors that large and were uncapable of sexing them
you were either STUPID or knew damn well they are both
males and tried to scam some unsuspecting buyer into
taking them. Obviously - I was correct on BOTH !!! I
will be posting you as an idiot and scammer on the BOI
!!! Stupid F$ck !

So, as you can see, this is what drives sellers UP THE WALL. Clearly a guy who will hang himself and anyone around him. I strongly recommend you not sell him anything due to this type of attitude. I don't know Bruce at Twin Cities, but hopefully he sees this and doesn't allow the guy in his store anymore. Even when I tried to be nice and respectful to the guy, that is what he said. Of course after he sent that, I had some choice words for him, but felt it was deserving.

Barry Lambert
Spectrum Reptiles

Old 05-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
lanceheads
Yeppers, sounds like a winner to me!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Keith Northrop
Talking It sounds like....

Bob Sloan fishing to Bust someone.......

Old 05-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Cat_72
Hm....it seems to me that this name has popped up here on the before, but I can't seem to find it.

Regardless...the guy is clearly clueless, and perhaps a bit "off".

Old 05-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
Serafim
I found his fauna Id Cat and there is some mention of Michael Duckworth in a thead by Dan Duckworth no relation.....

link

Old 05-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
Spectrum Reptiles
Question Who is Bob Sloan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop
Just wondering who Bob Sloan is?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
Cat_72
Hm, I remember that ID....LOL. He wasn't very nice on here either, and got all bent out of shape when Ken Harbart gave him warning points....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Harbart
he's miffed about warnings that he received for 1) Posting implied threats, and 2) posting anonymous third party information on the BOI. Bogiehunter85 apparently feels that since the individuals were named elsewhere on the BOI that he is somehow exempt from abiding by that rule.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
Spectrum Reptiles
Proves my point

Sounds like a very arrogant, cocky, mouthy kid who will disrespect anyone and thinks someone owes him something.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Lambert
Sounds like a very arrogant, cocky, mouthy kid who will disrespect anyone and thinks someone owes him something.

I'd say you have him pretty well nailed down, lol. I didn't look at his age, not sure if he's actually a kid, but certainly acts like one. Definitely someone I'd not lose any sleep over not doing business with.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop

Trying to remember where, ( I think it was on a KS forum)... but I seem to remember bogiehunter85 being outed as Bob Sloan.... and there was something with him using chicago IPs too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!