Inquiry How do I take back my credits from Alex Hue? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #21
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
Hmph.

I was going to hold off posting because Alex had some good reputation. I had asked around about him and everybody had great things to say. So, I figured maybe I was wrong and I'll live with it.

In January, 2009, Alex had an ad on KS for 0.2 lemon pastel adult females. By the time I had money he had sold those two but told me he had another he could sell me. He sent me an email with pictures of this snake

January 21, 2009, I received this snake. It's the same snake, but that fluorescent yellow wasn't there. Putting it on a white background does make the yellow come out better, but not nearly as yellow as the picture I received from Alex.

It was the $1,250 price tag (with shipping) that sat me down a little bit.

I didn't bring this up to him or the BOI because I couldn't find another adult lemon female and I didn't want to return the snake. But I do feel a little butt-hurt because the difference in pictures suggests photoshop to me.
Oh yeah, Erik, rightfully so because you got screwed.

Had he posted this you'd be $1250 heavier in the pocket I bet.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #22
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Oh yeah, Erik, rightfully so because you got screwed.

Had he posted this you'd be $1250 heavier in the pocket I bet.
Hmmm...Look at the "original" picture, that Lemon is so bad it even throws a Lemon Yellow shadow from it's head...now isn't that strange.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgeckos View Post
some more info , i hava called alex multiple times over the last months he never seems to awnser his phone ( probebly sees thats its a foren number and knows its me ) he told me his mom was verry ill and that he didnt have time to respond to me (the breeder friend from the UK told me that ) so i cheked his forum ( wich he blocked me acces to but i can still see post dates in the main screen,) this was a few months back, now it occurs to me that he does not have time to settle our problem nor reply to my emails but he DOES have time to start new posts on his forum and he does have time to reply on those said posts on his forum ... sounds like a strange illnes to me ( not having time to settle your problems but yet have time to post new posts and so on....

lemmie know what you guys think.

Greetz
Richard van Vondel
Alex a couple of month back made it where only members of the forum that are active can view posts, all others can view post counts and dates only.

Alex has not been posting on his forum for a long time and has only had 4 posts since the end of January of this year. Just because there are posts doesn't mean Alex is posting on the site, there are other members. I have also been told Alex's mother has been very sick and he's been caring for her.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #24
WebSlave
Well, here's the scoop that I am aware of, since I have been in contact with Alex off an on over the past few months concerning sales of some of my surplus animals.

His mother got very ill several months ago, had surgery and is trying to recover and cope with medications to stabilize her condition after that surgery. He has been basically living in Indiana this entire time taking care of her restaurant for her so she doesn't lose it, and spending as much time as possible just taking care of her, just coming home a day here and there to get changes of clothes. Last time I talked to him (last week?) he was coming down with a cold or flu, likely from being stressed out and exhausted. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that he had run himself into the hospital as well. Heather is apparently trying to hold down the business, but I believe it is being just too much for her to handle.

From what I can see, Alex is putting his mom's welfare before everything else at this time. Some people may prefer being a higher priority to him, but quite frankly, right or wrong (from an objective point of view) that is his choice to make, and I can't personally fault him for that. I believe when he can, he will address the issues mentioned in this thread. Quite frankly if it were my mom and I were in Alex's shoes, I'm pretty sure I would have to drop everything as well concerning my own business, and everyone else would just have to deal with it as best they can. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
LauraB
If Alex's mother is indeed very ill and he is caring for her then yes, some slack should be cut. It's commendable and just that he would see to her care in her time of need.

However, how long does it take to refund a customer's PayPal account? At least one customer here (Richard - DreamGeckos) has a PayPal account. Since Alex's wife, Heather, has communicated with at least one customer relative to business and allegedly making propositions of snakes instead of cash refunds (to Derek), then surely she's capable of refunding via PayPal if Alex is too busy.

And there is no excuse for that blatent photoshopping and dishonest misrepresentation ... none, no matter who the seller is or what stellar reputation he may have.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Derek, please post your emails from Alex and/or Heather concerning your transaction. Make sure to include the headers, please.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #26
LauraB
Okay, well now I feel pretty (rightfully so) bad. Rich and I were posting at the same time evidently. Can't continue "talking" with one size 5 shoe in my mouth and smacking my head with the other one

Old 05-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #27
dreamgeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonzForU View Post
Alex a couple of month back made it where only members of the forum that are active can view posts, all others can view post counts and dates only.

Alex has not been posting on his forum for a long time and has only had 4 posts since the end of January of this year. Just because there are posts doesn't mean Alex is posting on the site, there are other members. I have also been told Alex's mother has been very sick and he's been caring for her.

This is all right and so on but After he told me he had no time for me he still had time to MAKE posts in that time period he could have send me my monney back 750 dollars , i think its comendable that he is helping his mom , but i also see my situation i am 750 dollars short and have been for half a year !

also if his wife is still at home it would be easy for her to trancefer the funds to my paypall account, but since this still hase not happened i think its just plain stopid not to refund me.

here is a email send by alex to me of what he thought i should do . please keep in mind that at this piont of time i am setteling for 750 dollars the other 130 dollars i take as a los since geckos can die and can be mislabled:

----- Original Message -----
To: "'Richard van Vondel'" <r.v.vondel@home.nl>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:45 AM
Subject: RE: Reminder

Do whatever you want, realistically I can choose to refund you or send
geckos in March...either way its my decision. Although I'm still trying to
figure out how much I should refund you...considering you only made a
$750.00USD payment and I did incur costs due to you trying to cancel the
order. Not to mention you originally gave me a figure of 880.00 and now
you're telling me 890.00....wheres the difference coming from?

You want to take it publicly...I guess I don't understand what you're trying
to say, because anyone who has a basic understanding of business law will
tell you that once you decide to take it publicy then you open yourself up
for a lot of liability. I'm sure you understand what liability
means....right?

I see you use the word "LEGAL" in your email below..........

Well, I guess if you want it to be "LEGAL" and you want to do some "LEGAL"
things.....I'll provide you with the name, number and address of our
attorney/lawyer so you can have your attorney/lawyer do "LEGAL" things with
our attorney/lawyer......because you have now threatened me with "LEGAL"
action and used the word phrase "LEGAL STEPS" in your email below, I can now
tell you that you no longer have any right to communicate with me, instead
you will now need to have your attorney/lawyer/solicitor communicate with my
attorney/lawyer.....

Here is my attorney/lawyer info so you can give it to your
attorney/lawyer.......

Naesha Leys Esq.
(616) 458-1865
200 Division Ave N # 204
Grand Rapids, Michigan USA

When you speak with your attorney/lawyer...make sure to ask him/her what
will happen if you decide to make it "public", ask your attorney/lawyer
about "liabilities". One more thing...let me know as soon as possible what
your attorney/lawyer says so that I can notify my attorney as soon as
possible.

We have had some very bad weather here in Michigan for the past 3 days and
have no electricity, so I don't know when I will be able to reply...the
weather is suppose to be really bad for another 2-3 days, you can see here
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...0DayLink_undec
lared
Like I said...I don't know when I will have a chance to reply as our
electricity has been on and off due to the snow storm and all the ice on the
electric lines.

You can also ask your attorney/lawyer to contact my attorney lawyer if you
don't hear from me.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:06 AM
To: Alex @ AHR
Subject: Re: Reminder

Alex,

its been 11 days since your last responce i have send you several emails
saying that i need my monney back , i dont know what is going on but i do
not like that i have to wait 11 days for a normal response let alone that i
have to wait 6 to 7 weeks and still dont have my monney back. i believe that

this issue is something that can not be handeled by me alone since you just
dont react or respond although you did post posts in your own forum in that
time wich tells me that you do have time to respond on the forums but you
just dont wanna make time to send my monney back.

after today i will have to take my own measures and make this public i do
not care if i get shot down by some unaccuraties since i am not asking for a

compensation for the dead annimals i am only aksing my own monney back , so
i am pretty sure that i am in my right.

if you would be so kind as in to respond to this email so that i so not have

to take the next step that would be verry apreciated since i do not want to
have to make anny legal steps.

Greetings

Richard van Vondel"""

THis is the last message i got from alex , now i emailed him several times that he just hase to send me my monney back ( i didnt post anny of this before coz i was intimidated with his layabilety thing ( wich turns out i do not have in holland since we have freedom of speech )

lemmie know what you guys think,

see i would like my monney back but i also want to warn others so they dont get the same stress that i am having about this issue.

Greetz

Richard van Vondel

Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #28
dreamgeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, here's the scoop that I am aware of, since I have been in contact with Alex off an on over the past few months concerning sales of some of my surplus animals.

His mother got very ill several months ago, had surgery and is trying to recover and cope with medications to stabilize her condition after that surgery. He has been basically living in Indiana this entire time taking care of her restaurant for her so she doesn't lose it, and spending as much time as possible just taking care of her, just coming home a day here and there to get changes of clothes. Last time I talked to him (last week?) he was coming down with a cold or flu, likely from being stressed out and exhausted. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that he had run himself into the hospital as well. Heather is apparently trying to hold down the business, but I believe it is being just too much for her to handle.

From what I can see, Alex is putting his mom's welfare before everything else at this time. Some people may prefer being a higher priority to him, but quite frankly, right or wrong (from an objective point of view) that is his choice to make, and I can't personally fault him for that. I believe when he can, he will address the issues mentioned in this thread. Quite frankly if it were my mom and I were in Alex's shoes, I'm pretty sure I would have to drop everything as well concerning my own business, and everyone else would just have to deal with it as best they can. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

i agree with you fully however my case hase been this way for a long time ( longer then his mom was ill )

his mom alegetly got il in january

i claimed my refund in November ..

Greetz
Richard van Vondel

Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #29
ophidile
Family emergencies suck and do give pause for consideration, but when we're talking thousands of dollars and situations that have gone on for over half a year, well that's a LOT of slack being asked for.
It's a sad situation, but at the same time it sounds like he's someone I'd not want to do business with, now, at least not until he gets his stuff sorted out.

And it doesn't explain the photoshopped photo. DAND, where did you get that "original" photo?
(I only put original in quotes because I'm not sure if it's a reverse-manip)

Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #30
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgeckos View Post
i agree with you fully however my case hase been this way for a long time ( longer then his mom was ill )

his mom alegetly got il in january

i claimed my refund in November ..

Greetz
Richard van Vondel
Alex had told me his mom was ill sometime last year as well, I didn't know till just recently that she was sick again. This has been going on for a long time and I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

I can't speek for Heather, but I know that since it was just her and Alex caring for all of the animals that she has got to have her hands full and also has a child to care for as well. Also has it occured to you that Heather may not have access to Alex's PayPal? I know my husband doesn't have access to mine nor I his.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!