"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #21
Catfish44
Misty I'm infringing on nothing but thank you for commenting. I simply want to know the registration or serial number on the word "BOI" that everyone keeps saying is being infringed upon. I get it you don't agree with me or even the idea of a group providing a place for feedback outside of this site but fortunately that is for none of us to say. And thank you misty I am pretty smart it's nice to be recognized even through all this hate we can still remain civil. From your writing you seem pretty smart to ma'am. Thanks again, Wes.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #22
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish44 View Post
Misty I'm infringing on nothing but thank you for commenting. I simply want to know the registration or serial number on the word "BOI" that everyone keeps saying is being infringed upon. I get it you don't agree with me or even the idea of a group providing a place for feedback outside of this site but fortunately that is for none of us to say. And thank you misty I am pretty smart it's nice to be recognized even through all this hate we can still remain civil. From your writing you seem pretty smart to ma'am. Thanks again, Wes.
Apparently you aren't Wes, considering my name is NOT Misty, nor is my screen name Misty...

But not including that, you're asking for something he does NOT have to give you. If you're so inclined, then you can go through legal routes to get that information.

Have a nice night, and try to realize that for all your "politeness," it's not going to get you what you want all the time. You can't say that this site is underhanded, yet still want to use it to post in the very forum that you say is wrong. You then become a hypocrite.

Thanks, Mr. Wes Trowbridge...(Next time if you're going to try to be condescending towards someone, get their information correct, or else it just doesn't work correctly. )

Old 09-21-2014, 11:48 PM   #23
Catfish44
I must be missing something I could've swore right up there above the little devil it said misty. Well I guess I outta pay closer attention next time brandi dickerson my apologies. I know no one will believe it but I wasn't being condescending to you ms. Dickerson I'm sorry you saw it that way. I take it though from you thinking i was being condescending that you were calling me stupid in a nice way. Was that really necessary ma'am? Not once have I insulted anyone on this thread why do you feel I deserve to be insulted?

Old 09-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #24
Mistyck
You infer whatever you wish to infer from my typing and answers. I can't help HOW you feel about my typed responses. Point still being, no matter how many times, or how you say it; Rich does not have to answer your question.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #25
Catfish44
And that is fine maam. I've made a reasonable attempt at asking for public info it's obvious that he doesn't wanna answer so I no longer need to linger in his thread. Thank you for speaking to me in an adult way.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:14 AM   #26
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basand View Post
I do think this is a fair BOI. No posts are deleted. No threads deleted. No modification of posts. It is all there.
That isn't exactly true - but that is the basic intent. If a BOI thread is not in the correct format (with the name of the person or business that is the subject of the thread in the title), it will be closed and removed. The author is not prevented from posting a new thread...in fact, it is encouraged. There are times that posts are removed - usually due to violations of the full name rule (including having a different person posing on the account). In those cases, there is no speculation about what happened - we leave the post in place, remove the content, and insert a moderation message in its place.

Quote:
I can go post a bad BOI against a mod here and it wont get deleted. It will remain in the history.
If the post is about moderation, as opposed to business dealings, it might get removed from the BOI (it would be better placed here, after all)

Old 09-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #27
brd7666
Quote:
I'm sorry if this taken the wrong way however would you happen to have the serial or registration number for "BOI"? I can find the trademarks on "board of inquiry" but can't seem to locate the one for BOI. Thanks, Wes.
Personally, I think you are trying to rock the boat. Rich never said he had the "BOI" trademarked. If I were him, I would be doing that now.

I did go to Facebook, and I did a search for board of inquiry. It looks like there are quite a few people using that term. Some are not even reptile related.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #28
Basand
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
That isn't exactly true - but that is the basic intent. If a BOI thread is not in the correct format (with the name of the person or business that is the subject of the thread in the title), it will be closed and removed. The author is not prevented from posting a new thread...in fact, it is encouraged. There are times that posts are removed - usually due to violations of the full name rule (including having a different person posing on the account). In those cases, there is no speculation about what happened - we leave the post in place, remove the content, and insert a moderation message in its place.

If the post is about moderation, as opposed to business dealings, it might get removed from the BOI (it would be better placed here, after all)
Well there are rules but I mean unbiased deletion. And as for about the moderation, the BOI is no place for that. It is business dealings therefore not conforming to the guidelines.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #29
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
I get it you don't agree with me or even the idea of a group providing a place for feedback outside of this site but fortunately that is for none of us to say.
That is not the issue, feel free to have your own review site - just call it something else. per the first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I really don't care that people will try to duplicate the context of my Board Of Inquiry forums for their own purposes, but I DO care about the use of a term in that pursuit that I have built to mean something to a lot of people in this industry.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #30
JColt
BOI is already trade marked by Sean Michael Anderson Apparel, LLC and KWL Apparel, LLC.

Rich has Board of Inquiry trade marked.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!