Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:20 AM   #211
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAexotics View Post
Im just going to offer some advice to the op, as i have no dog in this fight but i noticed a very important note. In the attached convo, ty clearly offered to send a purple albino as the award, which exceeds value and was then refused due to speculation. I thought it was a dicey piece and that before you try and proceed you need to contact an attorney and show them that and get their legal advice. Even a piss poor attorney can take a piece like that and bury the case with it, and due to refusal you can be green lighting the countersuit i believe. I am not an attorney, but i have dealt with many and the i can easily see that portion being your refusal of award. Just my 0.02.

Ty saying that he did produce them in that ss you posted he was referring to a t- that previously in the same conversation he had already stated that he did not produce any blues only purples but "he only owes me 2500 and he sells the purples for $5000" He told me (didn't even ask me if I was ok with that) that he was going to get one from a friend but would not tell me who the friend / breeder was and wouldn't/ couldn't produce any pics of the one he was wanting to send me. He was very evasive and not honest, trying to change HIS own terms by trying to pressure me into accepting a tegu t- that he would get from an undisclosed source (and later admitted that he could even get them from the friend anyway)
He also never posted any pics of any t- albino blues on his page because as he admitted he did not produce any. He never offered me a t+ purple not once more his only response here on this thread was .... he admits that he only produced purples that are worth more and that he did not disclose that he would send me one till the end because ty almighty wanted to see what kind of a person I was.

I never refused a tegu produced by him. The times he asked me for my shipping info I nearly wanted proof of pics of the litters of the albino blues and of the one that he wanted to send. But he didn't have one to send and didn't send any pics That is diversion

The one(t+ purple) he now claims he was going to send me he auctione off in Oct after the court papers were filed.

But I will def check unit that. Thanks

Old 12-26-2016, 07:42 AM   #212
Lucille
It seems to me that John was supposed to run the raffle, and that includes distributing the prizes. There is plenty of case law all over about organizations trying to run a raffle when they don't actually have the prizes they offer, and the cases are not favorable to those organizations.
It may be that what actually happened was that the IRCF was the recipient of the funds but Ty actually ran the raffle. Your screen shot shows Ty actually saying "How many of you would be interested if I ran an online raffle"
If Ty is not a non profit, he cannot run a raffle either in Florida or Arizona.
The actual disposition of this issue may be in Arizona because it looks like the IRCF was supposed to run the raffle and if so, it is their duty to have and award the advertised prizes.
I'll look into who to contact in a little bit.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #213
zovick
I have read this entire thread and there is no question that the stated raffle terms were not honored. Michelle should be given her tegu or the $3K as promised.

Is there no one in the IRCF hierarchy who can see this? Or recognize the fact that giving her $3K will be a lot less costly than having your books audited by the IRS and probably by at least one of the involved states' revenue departments as well?

Several things which have been stated here as being done by the organization (or in its name by others) are of questionable legality if true, and will bring the organization (and probably some of the donors as well) a good deal of scrutiny by the IRS if it becomes involved. If any fraud is suspected, the IRS can go all the way back to the year of inception with no statute of limitations as I recall.

If I were in charge of the organization, I would already have given her the money and been done with it before a big can of worms were opened. Just my opinion..........

Old 12-26-2016, 08:21 AM   #214
Lucille
Opening the can of worms:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
he sent the 2 other 2 winners the t+ albino purples .....
but not me because " he didn't think i deserved it" because he thinks i am "greedy" GTFOH

i am very curious if the IRCF got the whole $14,510 that he raised on this raffle
march 15 he got ....
1. $3,000 donation (anonymous donation for an albino)
2. $6,000 for the 60 tickets he sold for the raffle (winners were me and grant g.)
= $9,000.00

then in oct he re raffled the T+ albino that he claimed was mine and raised
3. $3,000 donation
4. $2,510 was the winning bidder
=$5,510

TOTAL raised would be $14,510.00 that is a lot of money that should be accounted for somewhere

i hope he doesn't do this to anyone else and i really hope he changes the way he treats and talks to people.
i hope that all of the money that is raised in future charity/ non profit auctions/raffles goes to the organizations AND i hope that every winner receives their prizes that are promised, so they aren't forced into a situation like i am now in with TY PARK.
I'm sure some people may just let it go and that is so unfortunate because if no one stands up to TY PARK when wronged then he will NEVER stop!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Since Ty Park seemed to say that the non-profit is based in Az, if Mr. Binns' organization is actually running the raffle, Mr. Park's involvement alone may put them in a bit of hot water - even if the proper forms were filed with the Az AG office. That's assuming that "bona fide local member" means what I think it does.

https://www.azag.gov/consumers/raffles
http://charitylawyerblog.com/2010/08...fle-exception/
May be more hot water than they think. It appears that the IRCF may have received more than $10,000 from raffles, thereby excluding them from this new law change that allows small organizations to operates under a more relaxed
terms.

Easy free ways to get the can opener going for Michelle. Remember that good faith complaints are always appropriate:

Call the Arizona Gaming department and describe the issues here, including asking them how you can send a link to this thread of print it out and mail it.
https://gaming.az.gov/contact-us

https://consumer-complaint.azag.gov/...int/begin.aspx

Old 12-26-2016, 09:08 AM   #215
Fangthane
It would really be unfortunate if Ty Park's arrogance and litigious nature ended up setting the stage for a seemingly well-meaning charitable organization to find themselves in an actionable position with governmental agencies who may be interested in possible improprieties with how the raffle was run - issues that would likely never have come to light without his insistence on pushing someone to go so far in pursuit of what he owes her.

Worse than the hit his reputation will rightfully take from this, said arrogance could conceivably end up impacting IRCF's ability to collect the funds needed to continue their good work. All for one man's overinflated sense of self-importance. The easy potential for collateral damage just doesn't seem like it should be acceptable to a guy whose charitable contributions are based in anything other than egotism. His choice to allow this situation to continue escalating seems to be showing a pretty blatant disregard for anyone but himself.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #216
Afrock86
I thought it was pretty fishy when John told Michele straight up not to involve the IRCF and tried to sweet talk her into not doing it after she mentioned she would. Starting to make sense why his "tone" in which he was talking to her changed. I think they know they might be doing something, technically, illegal. Even though I agree it's for a good cause, and I hope they got all or majority of the money, but when you leave doors open like this and let others outside of your organization to run these operations, you're asking for trouble.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #217
Lucille
I think John made a choice here, and in my opinion, the wrong choice.

I am thinking that had he replied to Michelle and simply said he was going to look into the situation, perhaps that effort may have helped his organization, particularly if after some consideration, they chose to take an active hand in helping someone who simply wanted the advertised prize that was offered by their organization.

Instead he clearly stated he did not want to become involved. (post 117)

In my opinion, if an organization holds a raffle, it is up to them to award the advertised prizes to the winners.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #218
Sugarhedgie
I don't know if this helps but this is the convo with John up until yesterday's convo that I already posted
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #219
Sugarhedgie
More.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #220
Sugarhedgie
More..
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu