Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 75 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #741
kerrek
Oops forgot to put "answers" after vague

Old 02-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #742
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
her refusal to compromise
Unless compromise amounts to one side relinquishing any real sense of control over the outcome, I just don't see it. Ty dictated the terms at every turn, and in the process quite probably enjoyed the feeling of power that comes from telling the little guy just how it's going to be. By taking the stance that she's simply going to get whatever it is he decides to send her - details be damned - I think it's clear that any refusal to compromise would much more appropriately be laid at Ty Park's feet. I haven't read anything to suggest that, had her reasonable questions been answered and she found those answers satisfactory, she wouldn't have accepted tegu Y.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
And I am still waiting for you to tell me why it is ok for Ty to not tell the OP what he was sending and where it came from.
Because...reasons? That's my best guess.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #743
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Also kiddies when conducting a transaction be upfront and honest with the person you are conducting it with. If they ask you a question give them an answer don't string them along or give vague. Otherwise they might call you/the situation scammy or shady (among others) because at that point, you can expect the relationship to further deteriorate.

You see that works both ways. And I am still waiting for you to tell me why it is ok for Ty to not tell the OP what he was sending and where it came from.
It is true, you can catch more flies with sugar, so maybe Michelle should not have called him scammy, or shady. How would you react if someone implied that you were one of those terms?

I never said it was "OK", I just feel like Michelle was acting a bit naive she had asked what he was sending, he said it will be a tegu just like the one in the picture, then she continued with many questions which largely went unanswered.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #744
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
It is true, you can catch more flies with sugar, so maybe Michelle should not have called him scammy, or shady. How would you react if someone implied that you were one of those terms?

I never said it was "OK", I just feel like Michelle was acting a bit naive she had asked what he was sending, he said it will be a tegu just like the one in the picture, then she continued with many questions which largely went unanswered.
The questions were legitimate, Casey, because at the time they were asked, he had only told her he would get one from another breeder and all she wanted was to know its background and see a photo or two. It is totally acceptable to want that when he is substituting one animal for the expected prize. He refused to provide her any info, apparently because he felt it was beneath him to do so and/or he already knew he couldn't get one from anyone else. That is when things began taking a bad turn.

Then, AFTER THE FACT, he says he was going to send her a tegu he produced instead but didn't do so because he got upset with her. I don't even believe that he ever intended to send that one he says he later auctioned off. It's quite easy to cover one's butt by saying so afterwards, though. Had he been upfront and told her that, she would probably have accepted it and this whole mess could have been avoided.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #745
tlmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick View Post
The questions were legitimate, Casey, because at the time they were asked, he had only told her he would get one from another breeder and all she wanted was to know its background and see a photo or two. It is totally acceptable to want that when he is substituting one animal for the expected prize. He refused to provide her any info, apparently because he felt it was beneath him to do so and/or he already knew he couldn't get one from anyone else. That is when things began taking a bad turn.

Then, AFTER THE FACT, he says he was going to send her a tegu he produced instead but didn't do so because he got upset with her. I don't even believe that he ever intended to send that one he says he later auctioned off. It's quite easy to cover one's butt by saying so afterwards, though. Had he been upfront and told her that, she would probably have accepted it and this whole mess could have been avoided.
I completely agree, and to quote Ty's own words from post #77: “ At this point she started to inundate me with questions which I did not want to answer knowing what kind of person she was and that anything I say might be twisted by her to her advantage, so my answer to her was none or very short. I decided also that I would send her the tegu that I produced (T+ albino) since her contention was that she wanted one that I produced and not by someone else, but I didn't communicate that with her to the end because I wanted to see what kind of person she was and she was greedy to the end." (I added the underlines)

Ty created this mess. He could have fixed this by communicating with Michelle but chose not to because he didn't like her questions.

I believe her questions were appropriate. Ty thought they were indicative of greed, or ingratitude. I don't agree with that, but even if that were true, it doesn't justify Ty's behavior and choices here.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #746
kerrek
Quote:

I'd try to look at the situation and see why they were calling me scammy and shady and then figure out if I did something wrong or if they were just "that customer". What I wouldn't do is tell them I'm shipping you something just deal with it. I'd tell them what it was, where it came from and send them a picture so as to alleviate their fears and to cover myself. I wouldn't do what he did which was act arrogant and try to shove something down someone's throat because they dared to question him.

She entered a raffle expecting to get a TY Park blue albino Tegu when he didn't produce that animal it was his responsibility to come up with a suitable replacement that she was happy with. (within reason) It was not her responsibility to take whatever he offered sight unseen. My god your acting like she called him a thief right off the bat. All she did was ask where is the replacement tegu coming from, and when he wouldn't tell her she said it was kind of shady. You agree that it's not "OK" for him to send her an animal without disclosing its origins. So what would you call someone that won't tell you where an animal originated from and just wanted you to take it after you were promised something else at the start? I'd call that shady.

As to her being naïve and asking too many questions. What if he got the replacement tegu from a breeder or a source that she wanted no part of? You realize there are breeders and dealers out there that some people want no part of doing business with right? I'd guess you yourself have people on your do not sell and do not buy from list I know I do.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #747
Sugarhedgie
Quote:

I did NOT call him shady or scammy. When he was trying to change the terms I said if I knew that this (referring to the raffle) was going to be shady or scammy I prob wouldn't have even bought the tickets.

I guess I was naive because I thought ty would have sent me the proze I won. But I was wrong

His mating it would be one like in the raffle photo who the was a picture of a t- albino blue ?? He had already said he did not produce any t- and he couldn't even get one from his "breeder friend" so where was it going to come from????

The first post where he enticed his followers was for.n albino blue (t-)
To be produced by him
To be delivered in July
And if he didn't produce any he would give the winner 3000 out of his own pocket!!

I think it's pair to say that the people who entered the raffle thought that was what the raffle was for

He didn't produce any albino blues (t-)
He didn't deliver in July and
He didn't give the $3,000

Then the next day he posts "this raffle is for 2 baby albinos to
Be delivered in july (In this post he did NOT specify
what type of albino) and we know there are 2 types

Ok so he produced albinos (the t+ albinos)

Wouldn't that then be my prize?
Like the other 2 winners and the winner of the auction got.

Ty clearly stated in post # 77 here
I decided also that I would send her the tegu that I produced (T+ albino) since her contention was that she wanted one that I produced and not by someone else, but I didn't communicate that with her to the end because I wanted to see what kind of person she was and she was greedy to the end

That is not a very good decision because if he communicated that to me I would have gladly accepted it and it would have ended there ,

So whichever post you feel is accurate one he failed to provide me with the prize.

This is so redundant
TY IS WRONG no matter how you look at it
I was cheated out of a prize that I rightfully won and should have received.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #748
Sugarhedgie
Post 1
Post and the winners announced
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #749
Sugarhedgie
Sorry for all the typos
I'm trying to do 10 things at once

Old 02-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #750
Fangthane
Quote:
As to her being naïve and asking too many questions. What if he got the replacement tegu from a breeder or a source that she wanted no part of? You realize there are breeders and dealers out there that some people want no part of doing business with right? I'd guess you yourself have people on your do not sell and do not buy from list I know I do.
When it was clear that she wanted to know the animal's origin, that scenario seemed to be one of the obvious justifications. There are multiple reasons why someone would want to have certain information about animals entering their collection. As you said, there are potential ethical concerns at play. Like, if I knew that the tegu had come directly from Mike Matson, Bobby Hill, or someone of their ilk, I really wouldn't want any involvement in anything that would even indirectly be supporting such a person's business. Although, I have to think that any outright refusal based on purely ethical grounds would probably have left her in an appreciably weaker position.

There are also some more pragmatic concerns that could possibly be relevant. It's not out of the realm of possibility that certain breeders may be known to produce animals that aren't particularly high quality. Perhaps initial breeding stock may not be as robust as other lines; maybe excessive, injudicious inbreeding eventually yielded a weaker line. I have trouble believing that anyone involved with breeding animals could keep a straight face while suggesting it's naive to insist on knowing as much about an animal's lineage as possible.

I know that Ty said she'd receive something of the same quality as what he produces - but let's face it, he's made numerous statements that are dubious at best. All in all, I think it would be foolish to suggest that her questions weren't deserving of useful, specific answers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu