Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 77 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:37 AM   #761
jsolenberg
ive only heard positive things, this is disappointing to hear

Old 02-13-2017, 12:43 AM   #762
Lloyd Heilbrunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
The semantics and the 3 different states is where the issue is gonna be.
I was told that I may have to go to Fl or Az and name both ty and the IRCF on a suit. I can't seam to find a lawyer who deals with "small claims and one seam to know
All the semantics of the whole raffle thing

The sept of agriculture consumer service mediation department have opened a claim and sent him a letter and I am still in contact with the Fl district attorneys office.
Small claims cases in Florida are usually handled without lawyers, since the amount in controversy does not make lawyers cost effective.

The exception to this rule is where the case is of a type which allows the lawyer to recover his/her fees from the person being sued or suing.

Without going into much free legal analysis, this is probably not such a case, since the causes of action which would allow that, would really complicate things and have downside as well.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:51 AM   #763
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn View Post
Small claims cases in Florida are usually handled without lawyers, since the amount in controversy does not make lawyers cost effective.

The exception to this rule is where the case is of a type which allows the lawyer to recover his/her fees from the person being sued or suing.

Without going into much free legal analysis, this is probably not such a case, since the causes of action which would allow that, would really complicate things and have downside as well.

I have found that There really aren't any "small claims" lawyers. They tell me there is no money in it for them. I have gotten some great advise but do feel that an attorney that knows the Fl laws would be helpful if I decide to Persue it in his state

Old 02-13-2017, 08:21 AM   #764
srsb
If I remember correctly, there are 29 more people who bought tickets to a raffle for which no prize was ever awarded. I'd be pretty pissed if I was one of them, too.

Good luck, Michelle. You deserve to win.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #765
Sugarhedgie
Just an update.
I was just at the court house in my state and if either one of us file Any motions we are supposed to send the other person a copy so they can respond to the said motion.

Well apparently TY sent in a motion to have this case transferred to FL court. It was denied without a hearing BUT ty didn't send me anything!!!! That's shady in itself. I have lost all trust in this man and how he runs his business.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #766
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsb View Post
If I remember correctly, there are 29 more people who bought tickets to a raffle for which no prize was ever awarded. I'd be pretty pissed if I was one of them, too.

Good luck, Michelle. You deserve to win.
Thank you
And yea Il every other person who entered the raffle should be refunded their $100 as well as he didn't produce the prize.

He sold 60 tic and got a 3,000 donation. = $9,000
Then he auctioned off the t+ he claimed that he was holding for me and got another $5,510

I've asked the IRCF for an accounting to see if they got the full amount with no responce

Old 02-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #767
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
but this whole thing has turned into a nightmare and a major headache.
I hope you can appreciate the fact that at this point, this is mostly, if not all, a self inflicted "nightmare". As an outsider viewing this play out, you appear to be letting this absolutely consume your life. There was/is an option to simply lose the $400 and walk away (Not fair, not right, but the option existed/exists). An unfair disappointment, but not a nightmare.

You have been a member for 54 days with a total of 221 posts, 100% related to this topic. I'm not telling/suggested you give up, I'm just saying, it is okay to breath before you give yourself a heartache over a $400*. It is great to fight for what you think is right, a dose of moderation however might be even better.

Fighting cancer, losing your job, learning your spouse is leaving you, having your house burn down are nightmares, this is just money and a fairly small amount** at that. This of course is your prerogative to pursue, just realize what it might be doing to you in the process.

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”

*your "actual" sunk cost, not perceived loss of missed winnings
**in comparison to one's health, mental wellness, and time better spent elsewhere.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #768
Robert Walker
Edit: "breathe", "heart attack" sorry.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #769
Robert Potts
Robert Walker are you a Moderator.....?

Old 02-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #770
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Robert Walker are you a Moderator.....?
Yes he is, usually when a Mod posts in black type they are posting sans mod hat if you like, just like any normal member would.
And sorry If I have jumped in before Robert himself could reply.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu