Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 78 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #771
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Robert Walker are you a Moderator.....?
While I do think Robert Walker is coming way out of left field on this one; aren't you, Robert Potts, the guy who killed a boa with inept shipping and made the buyer sue you to recoup his losses? Considering just how far Ty Park has reached in his efforts to rationalize his choice to leave someone with nothing to show, I'd think he'd be someone you, of all people, could get behind.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #772
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Robert Walker are you a Moderator.....?
Yes, I am, but as Kevin said, I'm also a member. I should try to proofread my posts better as my last one was fairly sloppy in both grammar & spelling, a casualty of trying to squeeze in a post between meetings at work today. Is there a reason you asked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Yes he is, usually when a Mod posts in black type they are posting sans mod hat if you like, just like any normal member would.
And sorry If I have jumped in before Robert himself could reply.....
Yes,
Black words = member speaking
Blue words = moderator speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
While I do think Robert Walker is coming way out of left field on this one;
Yes, I know this might be seen as left field by some, but at some point the cost out weigh the benefit, regardless of right or wrong. If this takes Michelle months or years and in the end she ends up with a lizard, "hooray for her...I guess??" She won a lizard but lost (insert what you like) in the process.

This isn't a choice between a right or a wrong, this is a choice between two paths that are "right". Since both choices are right, it makes it that much harder to simply let go and move on with your life. Michelle has already won the PR game and successfully turned a chunk of the herping community away from Ty. If continuing is worth it to her and if she doesn't mind that other aspects in her life suffer because of it, (equal and opposite reactions) then by all means, carry on. In the end, both parties are going to come out of this damaged in different ways, just remember... it was all by choice.

I'll sling it out in the trenches with the best of them. I h-a-t-e scammers with a passion, but 221 fairly lengthy repetitive posts isn't slinging, it is being consumed, which is really the point I hope Michelle will step back and reflect upon for her own good.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #773
thomas davis
wow

"May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong"

wow the harder right would be for ty to just send her the lizard ... done
the easier wrong is how ty has done this to a winner of HIS raffle with HIS terms
the baffling part is how you feel she should give up bob
may ALL who think about buying chances in future ty park raffles see what may happen should they win.
and IMHO she should never give up, ever.
like webslave said all she wanted was one produced by him that is an honor for crying out loud ty just needs to send her a lizard and this will all go away and with ty park showing that he is honorable and following through with the terms of HIS raffle geez

Old 02-13-2017, 08:21 PM   #774
Lucille
I think most of you know how little I think of Ty. But it is possible to be completely disgusted by his revolting lack of ethics, and at the same time, understand when someone brings up and, not tell, but describe, costs.

Robert is very much in tune with that, and actually left Fauna for a brief period when, I guess, the cost to him of being here was greater that the benefit so he speaks with personal knowledge.
Of course, we didn't benefit, we missed his friendship, his intelligence, his uncanny knack of searching and putting together information that scammers would like to have remained hidden. I'm glad he is back.

We have all, if we've been here for very long, seen people who practically forsake the outside world during a particularly contested transaction.
From what I see, he isn't at all putting the hush on, and he isn't telling Michelle what to do, rather he is expressing his concern for us, just as he has always done.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #775
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think most of you know how little I think of Ty. But it is possible to be completely disgusted by his revolting lack of ethics, and at the same time, understand when someone brings up and, not tell, but describe, costs.

Robert is very much in tune with that, and actually left Fauna for a brief period when, I guess, the cost to him of being here was greater that the benefit so he speaks with personal knowledge.
Of course, we didn't benefit, we missed his friendship, his intelligence, his uncanny knack of searching and putting together information that scammers would like to have remained hidden. I'm glad he is back.

We have all, if we've been here for very long, seen people who practically forsake the outside world during a particularly contested transaction.
From what I see, he isn't at all putting the hush on, and he isn't telling Michelle what to do, rather he is expressing his concern for us, just as he has always done.

There is nothing wrong with reminding someone that it is completely okay to take a step back, breathe, and not let something consume you. I agree with Robert that it does seem like this has become a very major part of Michelle's life and while I don't know her, I can't imagine the level of focus on this issue is healthy for anyone. That does not at all negate that she is in the right and deserves compensation, but at the very minimum, taking a weekend to relax and think about something else would certainly be a healthy and deserved option IMO.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #776
D4saken1
I was looking to buy my first Tegu from Ty and while this situation doesn't make him a bad person his behavior with this situation was wrong and appalled me. I binged the entire thread and the fact that he simply more or less wrote it off. I think I will pass.

That is my choice and just myself won't hurt anything (plus he has other funds to fall back on anyway it seems). It should be concerning that this ordeal has and could turn off more people from purchasing his animals.

The OP of this thread is fighting more for the right vs wrong than the prize itself. They could have eaten the moldy onion but decided to not let it go even with the hassle.

Hats off to you.

(I don't think my opinion matters more than anyone elses but I wanted to relate that this whole ordeal can have a negative impact for Ty with potential or repeat customers who have seen this.)

Old 02-14-2017, 12:37 AM   #777
FresnoTortoise
if Ty park was named Ty Smith and a difference race, would there still be almost 78 pages about a raffle that gone bad?

Old 02-14-2017, 01:18 AM   #778
D4saken1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
if Ty park was named Ty Smith and a difference race, would there still be almost 78 pages about a raffle that gone bad?
Don't race bait this. If that is an honest question that is a silly one. Not once did anyone make this about race.

And yes to your actual question. Or at least in my case I would view it the same either way.

It's actually kind of offensive you even suggested that. Maybe because you used my last name (most common surname) but still even the suggestion that could be race driven or biased is somewhat sickening.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:18 AM   #779
Sugarhedgie
Quote:

Race has nothing to do with this. If that is what you are implying.

A 70+ page thread is because A so called "reputable breeder " that donates a lot of money to some great organizations had a raffle , made his own terms/promises (raised $14, 510 ) and didn't deliver the prize because he had a feeling that I was "greedy" he let his ego get in his way and I think is why this is so long.

A stand up and honest man like many thought he was would have just honored the terms of his raffle but when he scams a winner there will be a lot of talk about it.

As for the amount of comments I have made?? Well I'm new at this fauna thing and call me stupid if you want. (Ty and his groupies have called me much worse) But I don't know how to quote several different people's comments in one.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:21 AM   #780
caffeinecynic
Quote:
You are stretching, hard, with this presumption. I don't believe anyone on the BOI cares whatsoever what race Mr. Park is, and this question is insulting to the integrity of all of the people commenting here. Aside from a few scattered mentions early in the thread about whether or not culture was a factor, no one has brought up Mr. Park's race. It is irrelevant to this discussion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu