Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 81 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #801
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
He said if she did not send him her shipping info. he would re-raffle HER prize (tegu), and she would get nothing.
This is literally the entire reason this thread exists. He had no right to do this, and decided to do it anyway. If he had fulfilled the OBLIGATION he took on by running this raffle, this thread would not exist... or it may, as a Good Guy thread.

He ASSUMED this obligation for himself... no one forced him to do it. 1 albino tegu that he produced, or $3K cash. Period. That was the obligation. He was not forced to do this, and EVERYONE who entered the raffle did so under the impression that those terms comprised HIS OBLIGATION.

As you said, he then decided that if he did not receive her address in an arbitrary period of time (completely fabricated, and not part of his obligation), that she would get nothing.

'Prize payable upon arbitrary timeliness of submission of address for shipping before buyer knows what she's getting or who produced it' was NOT part of the terms she agreed to. It wasn't part of the terms at all. It was fabricated after the fact.

HE DOES NOT GET TO DECIDE THAT SHE RECEIVES NOTHING. HE HAS NOT FULFILLED HIS OBLIGATION.

Goodness.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #802
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksgrl26 View Post
He simply donated his animals to their raffle.
I suggest you read the earlier posts in this thread, Ty did far more than simply donate, and his actions and involvement may have run afoul of the laws in several states, as too the actions of the IRCF.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #803
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
That is not what she said, so why are you being intellectually dishonest with this? What a disappointment.
This was a little bit of a joke, I was kidding. With all of the mud slinging and insults directed at me, you are disappointed with this? Sorry to disappoint, but if I was a little more thin skinned, I would probably be very hurt, and not come back to fauna anymore. There used to be many "active" members who do not even log on anymore for that very reason.

Quote:
I vigorously disagree, and feel that you are trying to put the hush on. I believe that both the IRCF and Ty have behaved unethically and as well, I believe there are legal issues here which I will probably reprise shortly
Lucille, I was suggesting, what may have entered your mind when you asked me to contact Ty, nothing more. In other words, perhaps Ty would offer something if it appeared he was not doing so under duress, rather because he knew it was right. I do not know the Korean culture, but obviously some of them to not deal with being pressured very well, and whether it is deserved or not, have a great deal of pride. ( I hope I do not need to explain this)

Old 02-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #804
DavidBeard
Quote:
This was a little bit of a joke, I was kidding. With all of the mud slinging and insults directed at me, you are disappointed with this? Sorry to disappoint, but if I was a little more thin skinned, I would probably be very hurt, and not come back to fauna anymore. There used to be many "active" members who do not even log on anymore for that very reason.

Lucille, I was suggesting, what may have entered your mind when you asked me to contact Ty, nothing more. In other words, perhaps Ty would offer something if it appeared he was not doing so under duress, rather because he knew it was right. I do not know the Korean culture, but obviously some of them to not deal with being pressured very well, and whether it is deserved or not, have a great deal of pride. ( I hope I do not need to explain this)
Casey.....how on earth could expecting Ty to pony up his original raffle promise be remotely construed as "pressuring" him? Your responses in this thread have been inexplicably erratic and obtuse. Its almost as if you're purposely skipping massive parts of the conversation in an attempt to befuddle those who read your "opinions."

The fact that you're STILL debating this blows my mind.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #805
nicksgrl26
you picked one thing out my my post, it explained why she wants the charity to pay money to her and while there may have been laws broken, which I also said I don't know raffle laws and promoting, it does show the reason why she wants to get money from the charity. On top of that I started my post with "probably" since I can't speak for her, but is what made sense to me for why she wants money from them.

As for reading the post, I did that from the first day and I probably won't read it again but I am aware of the accusations of illegally promoting from a different state and not being a member, them writing letters to her pretty much saying not my problem (which it obviously is), all the nasty stuff his friends said. I've also read his letter that makes him look like he could care less about all of this. I feel bad for her in the situation and again like I said I hope she gets what she wants that is within the law. I'm just not sure that a purple tegu is just that since she just said the raffle was for an animal that grows up just like the picture (t-). Just because he gave the other winners a purple doesn't obligate him to give her one as well. Its the good, reasonable, and face saving thing to do but not an obligation.

Robert gave sound, insightful, even-keeled advice and people are jumping on him for trying to calm things down and trying to help with yet another outside perspective, but I think Robert may be right about slowing down on the posts. If not just to give TY less fodder for the court date, because I bet while you are printing parts from this post out against him, he will probably print that post out against you showing what you understood what the raffle prize was (t-) so he doesn't have to give you the $6000 animal (t+).

Only reason I even posted on this thread is it seems that if the expectations were more realistic (this years t- tegu or 2500 for the cost of the animal or just the realization that the 400 is a real possibility in court ) that maybe this could be solved without going to small claims court in a different state which would eat up her winnings. The legality of the raffle is a whole separate situation and would probably be prosecuted from a state level and I'm not really sure what she would get from that.

Please try look at all of this without the hurt feelings and anger. Try to look at it black and white because when you go to court that is what they are going to look at. But again, I wish you the best with whatever you try to do.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #806
nicksgrl26
I mean the legality of the charity and the raffle, the state will go after them if they are shady.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #807
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:

That seems like a convenient waving of the hand without any indicators at the time to support the new claim, so I have my doubts. I have plenty of disappointment to go around, but my expectations are/were greater for you based on my positive opinion of you overall. You reflexively point at someone else when called out on the messages you have composed, but someone else slinging mud and insults does not diminish what I address of yours. Likewise, why previously "active" members may or may not choose to log on has nothing to do with your statement I quoted and addressed specifically.

Just kidding. Wait. No, I am not.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #808
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksgrl26 View Post
I mean the legality of the charity and the raffle, the state will go after them if they are shady.
You are right. But the state is not like God. They don't see everything, and just automatically go after transgressors. Sometimes one has to squeak the wheel a little, and that is what is happening here (and elsewhere, this thread is being sent to appropriate state offices).
Many times that is done first, and then civil actions later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post

The fact that you're STILL debating this blows my mind.
I think this is no accident. Casey is posting in ways that seem to be deliberately not appreciating the efforts and questions/debates of past posters. Almost as if he does not like the picture, so he is repainting it as if it were a tabula rasa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Casey, are you OK? There have been numerous discussions about this very point and you have participated in many of them. Don't you remember? Or is there a motive that I'm not seeing in reprising the entire discussions?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=ircf&page=2
Maybe that is the motive, a repaint job.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #809
MikeCurtin
I have gone from fully reading and digesting the posts and arguments here to basically skimming. In doing so, one question has come to mind:

With the impending court date, what is the benefit of continued bickering over semantics and details? In my experience, most of the meat and potatoes of these threads is "hashed out" within the first several pages (as was done here). I'm not sure that these long, drawn out threads are more effective in reaching a settlement....perhaps, even the contrary (especially when the accused has long ago stopped responding).

Not telling anyone what to do, but if it was me, I'd post updates as they occur, and focus on the upcoming case.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #810
Lucille
What? Yet ANOTHER attempt to put the hush on?

A court decision is not the only goal here and many things can go awry, delaying justice.
What is important here on the BOI is the community and its input. Those posts are of value to all of us and show that the vast majority of this community is outraged by Ty's actions, and many are not happy with the IRCF either. And that many of us support Michelle in her struggle for justice.

As we continue to discuss, ESPECIALLY when it appears there are people eager to silence us, we affirm the basic importance of community.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu