Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 82 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #811
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
What? Yet ANOTHER attempt to put the hush on?

As we continue to discuss, ESPECIALLY when it appears there are people eager to silence us, we affirm the basic importance of community.
Nope.....not at all.

This is a question about the benefit of discussion with little to no new information, and it is not a rhetorical one.

Is it helpful in reaching a settlement, or is it more likely to result in Ty digging his heels in deeper and Michelle losing the support of would be sympathetic readers?

If you go back, you will see that I agree with Michelle and believe she is 100% ENTITLED TO RECEIVE HER PRIZE. I am, however, starting to feel that the continued bickering is counter-productive in the long run.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #812
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
if Ty park was named Ty Smith and a difference race, would there still be almost 78 pages about a raffle that gone bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
Chinese hate Koreans. I only started to like Ty after reading my hero Bert Langerwerf's book. I am glad you guys all deny that this is not about race. He gets a lot of crap because he is an Asian man and doing very well in this field.
So you accuse thousands of people of being racist, and then in the very next breath justify your hatred of Koreans because "Chinese hate Koreans"?

Old 02-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #813
Mike (The M)
Quote:

A court decision is not the only goal here and many things can go awry, delaying justice.
What is important here on the BOI is the community and its input. Those posts are of value to all of us and show that the vast majority of this community is outraged by Ty's actions, and many are not happy with the IRCF either. And that many of us support Michelle in her struggle for justice.

As we continue to discuss, ESPECIALLY when it appears there are people eager to silence us, we affirm the basic importance of community.
I don't think it's a matter of anyone trying to silence anybody. Yes, there are detractors. There are supporters. That's pretty clear already. I've been following this since the beginning, but without any further action from Ty or IRCF, literally nothing in the narrative has changed.

More posts of people siding with Ty, and then others reiterating the case against him, doesn't strengthen the original argument.

Aside from making others aware of what happened, and the pending court results, what is the other goal? Ty has already been painted in a poor light. The people who are going to continue to support him will not change their minds. The people who do not will continue not to do so.

And with 80+ pages, anyone who reads the thread who may have been on the fence, I'd say there's plenty here for them to make their decisions.

If anything, the redundancy without any updates as to the outcome will make people lose interest.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #814
Casey Hulse
Quote:

A court decision is not the only goal here and many things can go awry, delaying justice.
What is important here on the BOI is the community and its input. Those posts are of value to all of us and show that the vast majority of this community is outraged by Ty's actions, and many are not happy with the IRCF either. And that many of us support Michelle in her struggle for justice.

I hope you realize how silly this is, coming from you. You do nothing but try to silence anyone who disagrees with you, constantly, speculating as to their ulterior motives, sinister motives, painting people who express their opposing opinion in a very unfavorable light. By all means, continue Lucille, keep posting your conspiracy theories, but do not lose sight of the fact, they are only your opinions

Old 02-14-2017, 04:27 PM   #815
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
You do nothing but try to silence
This seems to be another one of your alternative facts. I do frequently vigorously discuss issues, but here, there have been people trying to put the hush on conversations, even if the members here have issues they feel are of value to this thread.
If people want to talk, it is their decision and choice. Those who feel that talking is not fruitful, are welcome not to do so.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:40 PM   #816
thomas davis
casey there are no conspiracy theories or opinions in this matter. there is only the FACT that ty park did not follow through with a raffle he organized with HIS terms. its about honesty, integrity, she simply wanted a lizard produced by him decided to buy tix to support the iggys and maybe win one think of how she felt when it was announced by ty park that she won just stop and think about that. how exciting not only did she win so did the iggys! what a happy moment that must have been for her WOW that's good stuff then look at what has transpired since... he has holdbacks and wont just send her one and be done with this?!?! its disgusting and IMHO as is anyone who thinks otherwise.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #817
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
casey there are no conspiracy theories or opinions in this matter. there is only the FACT that ty park did not follow through with a raffle he organized with HIS terms. its about honesty, integrity, she simply wanted a lizard produced by him decided to buy tix to support the iggys and maybe win one think of how she felt when it was announced by ty park that she won just stop and think about that. how exciting not only did she win so did the iggys! what a happy moment that must have been for her WOW that's good stuff then look at what has transpired since... he has holdbacks and wont just send her one and be done with this?!?! its disgusting and IMHO as is anyone who thinks otherwise.
Thomas, I agree with almost 100% of what you posted, however, I think that the $3000 was more what Michelle wanted. I will post a little of what I am talking about from the post by Michelle of their conversation. I think Ty was going to send her a purple, but that is only my opinion. I think when Michelle said he could not be trusted, his raffle felt shady and scammy, she made a mistake. This is only my opinion, most disagree.

Quote:
Ty I only hatched purple ones and I sell those for $5000. I'm pick them up from an another breeder and paying for them so you can have one. I'll pick them up this weekend. .

rMichelle
I thought it was one that you were to produce? And if you didn't produce them you said. You would pay the winners the
​​$3000
Ive heard so many good things about you and I don't know how o gel
about you getting it from another breeder 😞
Did you not produce any like you thought you were going to??
​​Instead of you buying one from another breeder could you just pay me instead?

Ty Park
You are going to get a albino tegu.

​​
Michelle Cutler
who is the breeder? id rather take the money and wait till you produce one maybe next year, and maybe get one then.

Ty Park
You are not getting money. I will get an albino tegu like I promised. It's the same quality.

Michelle Cutler
then why did you say it in the post when you were selling the tickets??

​​ Ty Park
If I don't have an albino to give you I'll give you the money. I have albino so that's what you will get not cash.

I should have said if I didn't have any albinos to give you I'll give $3000

I'll get you an albino tegu as I promised.

Michelle Cutler
that was not the deal

Ok I'll send u one I produced ok

I was going to keep them all but I'll send one
I produced.

Michelle Cutler
you already said you did not produce any and that you only produced purples....... so how would i know now you aren't just going to get one from the other breeder??? and pass it off as one of yours? you said the other breeders are the same quality as yours would have been. so why would you have said you didn't produce any. then say you were going to get one for me from another breeder. instead of just telling the truth and honoring your promise. this is shady and if i had known this was going to be shady and scammy i prob wouldn't have bought tix for the albino/blue
​​

​​

Old 02-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #818
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (The M) View Post
If anything, the redundancy without any updates as to the outcome will make people lose interest.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
Redundant post.
Quote:
Redundant rebuttal.
​​
That's exactly my point.....as such, I think I may be becoming part of the problem.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #819
WebSlave
Quote:
Thomas, I agree with almost 100% of what you posted, however, I think that the $3000 was more what Michelle wanted. I will post a little of what I am talking about from the post by Michelle of their conversation. I think Ty was going to send her a purple, but that is only my opinion. I think when Michelle said he could not be trusted, his raffle felt shady and scammy, she made a mistake. This is only my opinion, most disagree.

Quote:
Ty I only hatched purple ones and I sell those for $5000. I'm pick them up from an another breeder and paying for them so you can have one. I'll pick them up this weekend. .

rMichelle
I thought it was one that you were to produce? And if you didn't produce them you said. You would pay the winners the
​​$3000
Ive heard so many good things about you and I don't know how o gel
about you getting it from another breeder 😞
Did you not produce any like you thought you were going to??
​​Instead of you buying one from another breeder could you just pay me instead?

Ty Park
You are going to get a albino tegu.

​​
Michelle Cutler
who is the breeder? id rather take the money and wait till you produce one maybe next year, and maybe get one then.

Ty Park
You are not getting money. I will get an albino tegu like I promised. It's the same quality.

Michelle Cutler
then why did you say it in the post when you were selling the tickets??

​​ Ty Park
If I don't have an albino to give you I'll give you the money. I have albino so that's what you will get not cash.

I should have said if I didn't have any albinos to give you I'll give $3000

I'll get you an albino tegu as I promised.

Michelle Cutler
that was not the deal

Ok I'll send u one I produced ok

I was going to keep them all but I'll send one
I produced.

Michelle Cutler
you already said you did not produce any and that you only produced purples....... so how would i know now you aren't just going to get one from the other breeder??? and pass it off as one of yours? you said the other breeders are the same quality as yours would have been. so why would you have said you didn't produce any. then say you were going to get one for me from another breeder. instead of just telling the truth and honoring your promise. this is shady and if i had known this was going to be shady and scammy i prob wouldn't have bought tix for the albino/blue
​​
​​
But what I am getting from the quote of the conversation between Ty and Michelle, perhaps it's all just a classic case of miscommunication? From Ty's perspective, he said he would be sending Michelle an albino tegu perhaps thinking in his mind, but not expressed, that he was going to send here one of the holdback purples. Michelle, on the other hand, taking ONLY what she was told specifically by Ty into consideration, understood that Ty did not produce the blues, and he had expressed his intention to buy one for her from another source. Which she did not want. At least not without some sort of documentation about that source. So when Ty stated he would send "one he produced", without any further elaboration, I believe any rational human being at that point would have been confused, and perhaps even leery of jumping to any conclusions without verification. She had reason to believe that perhaps she was being lied to by what appeared to be back peddling on the part of Ty. So had every reason to want to know exactly what she would be getting before accepting a shipment, based on the preceding conversations. It appears that Ty just refused to comply with her requests for more info, for whatever reasons, and the miscommunication never became COMMUNICATION, which could have resolved this at that time.

So who caused the miscommunication? Michelle or Ty?

As for the label of "greedy" being applied to Michelle, heck, the way I am reading this, it appears that Ty said he was going to be purchasing an albino iguana from someone else. And it appears to me that Michelle suggested that rather than all that bother, she would be perfectly willing to accept the cash that was offered as a stated option and the possibly purchase what she actually wanted from him next season. To a reasonable mind, this appears to be a reasonable solution to the dilemma.

Yeah, perhaps she jumped the gun saying things like "shady" and "scammy", but how much time passed by during this conversation? Were there any signs in the quoted conversation that might have gotten a reasonable person to start having doubts about what they had gotten themselves into? No reflection on Ty, but there ARE scammers out there, aren't there? Maybe those thoughts would have been better left unsaid, but I think anyone else in Michelle's shoes would have very likely at the very least had those very same thoughts going through their mind.

IMHO.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #820
NathanKS
Just a point of clarification:

This thread is about an albino tegu, not an iguana or iggy as referenced in posts #816 and #819.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu