YES!! My First Poll here LOL!!!!!!!: What do you do for stress? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

View Poll Results: How do you take care of stress? (More than 1 OK)
I exercise: walk, bicycle, jog, etc. 3 13.64%
I eat an entire Sara Lee coffee cake 2 9.09%
Jack Daniels 5 22.73%
I call a girlfriend and cry 0 0%
Go and play basketball 0 0%
Go to Hell and type in weird stuff lol 2 9.09%
Invite a good friend over and talk it out 2 9.09%
Try to solve what's stressing me 7 31.82%
My doc put me on meds..... 3 13.64%
1/2 gallon Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice cream 2 9.09%
Find a gf/bf and spend 'time' with them 3 13.64%
Go for a long walk with my dog 2 9.09%
Margaritas 3 13.64%
I go SHOPPING! 4 18.18%
I can't cope I'm a bloody wreck 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
Lucille
YES!! My First Poll here LOL!!!!!!!: What do you do for stress?

All of us have bad days..Some of us have bad weeks, months....
Many people have specific ways of coping with stress or bad times. What do YOU do?

Old 01-16-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
GeckoTracks
MMMMM Bluebell Ice cream. I haven't had that since I was 8 lol That was the last time I was in TX visiting my grandmother. (btw it hasn't been that long since I've seen her lol she moved to Tenn.)

Old 01-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
Fatman608
Kill people online. In a game not in real life. But, I do get the talk to them while I do it. That is my stress reliever and booze(Jack his friends).

Old 01-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #4
Lucille
Floyd: I'm in Texas too. Nothing personal, but I hope you are not my neighbor lol......

Old 01-17-2005, 09:35 AM   #5
cthulhu77
I like stress. It keeps me edgy and working constantly...but it doesn't rule my life either...

Relaxing? Ummmm...sex, a long bath with a glass of wine, and perhaps a good novel.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #6
Sasheena
When I'm stressed I go spend time with my furry critters. Somehow the life of mice and rats is so uncomplicated.

Feed Me
Don't Bug Me
Give me a Girl
Let Me Take Care of My Babies
Don't Eat Me, Eat the Babies First

Simple. Not complex.

I also read and that helps me take my mind off of me.
When work is stressing me out, I just do advance planning and make tons of worksheets and tests (I'm a teacher). The more I create for my teaching, the more in control I feel.

I also have begun to chat with some lovely people on a different website, and sometimes on this website. That helps when I need people who understand what is stressing me out.

I watch movies with hubby, that sometimes helps, but when I'm over-stressed they can't be too poignant.

Before I met hubby, when I was mad and upset at the men of the universe, I used to like to watch action films...all that shoot-em-up gore was good for my bruised female ego.

In times gone by I have also worked on teaching myself how to play the piano. Should get that out and start playing again.

I also write stories. Perhaps sometime I'll post one of my stories here. I have some interesting ones!

I also used to have a lot of fun using photoshop. A friend bought ten site licenses for his company, but because he didn't need all ten, he gave me one, and installed the program onto my computer. When my computer died, however, I'd lost contact with my friend, so my copy of that program died. Now I'm living without my favorite program. I used to create some AMAZING creatures on my computer. Fairies, and Unicorns, Satyrs, and Centaurs and many many other things. That was very fun. Now I just use Photo Deluxe, but it hasn't 1/100th the power of the other program.

The ultimate de-stresser is asking hubby for a hug and hearing his heartbeat and knowing I'm not alone in this big bad 'ol universe.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:20 PM   #7
robin d.
i crank up the volume or the stereo system.. put on whatever i feel like listening to at the time and piddle around with the reptiles... i can get lost in that for hours on end

Old 02-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #8
Lucille
I also think that music is great for calming stress; of course different kinds of music for different stresses: I prefer Beethoven for a really black mood, but blues for lesser, grey ones.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:59 PM   #9
Uncloudy
Smoke pot and go to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting.
or
Drink Jack Daniels and go to a Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

Seriously, for some reason handling my snakes tends to be very relaxing and I live close to the desert where I can take them outside for exercise. Being out in the wild sumerged in water relieves stress too. Playing music and singing on guitar or jamming out blues with friends. Of course, all these in combination with drinking Crown Royal and smoking pot works wonders.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #10
Bill_Leverton
[quote=Uncloudy]Smoke pot and go to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting.
or
Drink Jack Daniels and go to a Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
QUOTE]
Oh No Thought Iwas the only one that did that Really I just come to The Boi And watch some people make fools of themselves.. Other then that I go shopping and buy more BOAS

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!