U.F.C...anyone watch? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
lilraider
U.F.C...anyone watch?

Hi guys and gals does anyone watch the Ultimate Fighting Chanpionship or U.F.C.?and if so who is your favorite fighter?and who do you think will win Liddell Couture 3 on feb 4.?

ps.my favorite fighter is diego sanchez 16-0-0 baby and from my hometown

-John

Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
Junkyard
I used to watch UFC. What has pulled me away is that it is no longer a fight between fighting styles. Now each fighter studies so many different styles that I have lost interest when Joe Blow is trained in the art of jujitsu, karate, kick boxing, tae kwan do VS. Billy Giff who is trained in the art of kick boxing, karate, hwa rang do, judo, tung su do.

I loved seeing the Gracy family with their Brazilian ju jitsu fighting against the Sumo wrestlers. Or tank Abbott take on a scrawny kick boxer. Watching a karate master go againts a street fighter. These were the good fights.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
lilraider
Those were some awsome fight were a feather weight would fight some heavyweight........~sigh~........!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 01:41 AM   #4
reptilebreeder
I've been watching that stuff since #1.
like junkyard, I like the early years. Really was no holds barred, no bitting and no eye gouging were the only rules. Most of the fighters wore no gloves, and the ones trained in martial arts wore ghi's (I understand why it's better not to wear them, but it just seemed to add a little style or class to the fights). I loved watching the small Gracie beat these bigger fighters with the grappling. I was kind of disappointed when he retired, because people were training to be able to grapple, and I would have liked to see him fight people with his same tactics. Still you gotta give the Gracie family props for that style of fighting, and "introducing" it to a wider audience.
They have added more rules in order to be able to fight in more states, and get to a bigger audience. Still good fighting, just as long as they don't "soften" it up anymore.
One of my favorite fighters is Dan the beast Severn awesome dude. I like the ones considered "good guys" who "seem" to have respect for the fight game and especially their opponents, like; Couture, Shamrock, Hughes. I don't like ones that "seem" to have no respect or are @ss like; Nick Diaz, and Tito Ortiz, though for some reason I did like Tank Abbott even though he was a st talker. No doubt that some of them this is a manufactured image, could be Liddell is an @ss and Tito is the nicest guy in the world, who knows.
Love both Couture and Liddell, but I'm gonna have to go with Liddell, he just brawls, and Randy is getting up there in age.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #5
Junkyard
My friend's girlfriend rented a room from Tank, he was pretty cool and would give my friend tickets to fights once in a while. He was a monster though, he would bench like 400 pounds, yet he never really worked out. Kind of like the owner of Orange County Choppers, super huge guns.

I remember one fight between Severn and Shamrock, Severn is an amazing fighter. Watching him, a beer gut flabby guy take out Shamrock, a freak of nature in out of this world shape. What a match!!!

Old 12-13-2005, 05:17 PM   #6
lilraider
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
I've been watching that stuff since #1.
like junkyard, I like the early years. Really was no holds barred, no bitting and no eye gouging were the only rules. Most of the fighters wore no gloves, and the ones trained in martial arts wore ghi's (I understand why it's better not to wear them, but it just seemed to add a little style or class to the fights). I loved watching the small Gracie beat these bigger fighters with the grappling. I was kind of disappointed when he retired, because people were training to be able to grapple, and I would have liked to see him fight people with his same tactics. Still you gotta give the Gracie family props for that style of fighting, and "introducing" it to a wider audience.
They have added more rules in order to be able to fight in more states, and get to a bigger audience. Still good fighting, just as long as they don't "soften" it up anymore.
One of my favorite fighters is Dan the beast Severn awesome dude. I like the ones considered "good guys" who "seem" to have respect for the fight game and especially their opponents, like; Couture, Shamrock, Hughes. I don't like ones that "seem" to have no respect or are @ss like; Nick Diaz, and Tito Ortiz, though for some reason I did like Tank Abbott even though he was a st talker. No doubt that some of them this is a manufactured image, could be Liddell is an @ss and Tito is the nicest guy in the world, who knows.
Love both Couture and Liddell, but I'm gonna have to go with Liddell, he just brawls, and Randy is getting up there in age.

Ya i agree with you, and tito ortiz he left the ufc because"they werent paying him enough" i say you get paid what you earn.

-John

Old 01-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #7
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
I loved watching the small Gracie beat these bigger fighters with the grappling. I was kind of disappointed when he retired, because people were training to be able to grapple, and I would have liked to see him fight people with his same tactics. Still you gotta give the Gracie family props for that style of fighting, and "introducing" it to a wider audience.
Cool. I don't have to be dissapointed anymore. They just announced that Royce Gracie, who won the first 3? (back when there weren't even weight classes) UFC battles, has come out of retirement to fight Matt Hughes. Awesome. I don't know that Gracie has a chance to beat Matt, but it will be great to see the one and only Royce fight again. He (well the Gracie family) basically brought grappling to Ultimate fighting. would love to see the grappling/submission master hold his own against the "new breed".

Old 01-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #8
nicolai
Chuck liddell is gonna kick butt monday !!!!

Old 01-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #9
Southwick Herps
Im excited...
Sorry to break it to you... but Diego Sanchez is over rated.. He beat Nick Diaz in a close match, but will never be the welterweight champ. Too much talent there...
Trigg, Riggs, Hughes, St. Pierre, and Nick Diaz are all above him in my opinion... He is 16-0 because a lot of those came outside of the UFC... He is wayyyy to arrogant for his own good. He'll talk big talk and get KO'd soon. I can feel it..
The best ultimate fighter TV show fighter to come out is Forrest Griffin. Kid is a beast. Just the raw natural ability is incredibly. Nate Quarry is also very good. Just wasn't ready for a title shot.
Here's my Lidell Coture 3 predicition... Lidell KO's Couture late in the 2nd round.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
Skunky
i think Lidell will take it..he's hard as tank!

I've got to say Nick Diaz has got too much attitude, way too arrogant for my liking! Makes me want to jump in that ring and bop him on the nose Hehe..of course, he'd proceed to dismantle my 170lb frame ridiculously quickly from there on..and I'd wake up in the ICU with cheek bones fuzed together and my lips kissing my tonsils

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!