Cold Blooded Creations - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
Ameivaboy
Thumbs up Cold Blooded Creations

I saw an add for some Red spotted Garters and was very interested in getting a pair as I had always wanted some. So first thing I did was checked the BOI for info on the seller. Well after my search I was a bit discouraged about doing business with Cold Blooded Creations, but I really wanted the snakes so I shot out an email with my interest in 1.1 red spotted garters though I expressed concern over the reveiws on the BOI. In the reply I was infromed that he (Aaron) was the new owner of the company and took great pride in the way he deals with customers, and the old BOI reviews was from the previous owner. So I decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot. I told Aaron that I wanted the prettiest pair he could put together for a breeding project. He was nice enough to send me pictures of the animals he intended to send, and they looked acceptable. So I sent the money via paypal and anticipated the arrival of my snakes. So the day they arrived I opened the package pulled out my snakes and checked them visually for sexes- it looked like 2 males,one also appeared a bit different from the other. Well, I didnt want to complain about it without being certain so I took them down to the wholesale facility I work at and probed them. My visual inspection was correct, both males. So I emailed Aaron with this information and he asked me how I would like to resolve the probelm. I offered to ship one of the males back at his cost in return for a female, He refused this offer as to not want to put any more stress on the animal that was just shipped (which I appreciated cause I really didnt want to do that either). Instead he told me to keep the second male and he would ship me a female the following friday. In the meantime after a bit of research I was lead to believe that the smaller of the 2 males was indeed a naturally ocurring intergade between the red spots and puget sound garters. So with that information I emailed Aaron once again and asked that he send me a female as close to the picture of the full red spot male he had previously sent me that I enclosed in the email.
So on the day of the newest shipment I was very pleased to open the package and see the one of the prettiest wc Red Spotted Garter I had ever seen. Upon Visual sexing it was quite clear that she was a female and upon closer inspection she was also gravid, talk about a nice little bonus
So anyways, even though there were a few bumps in the road of our transaction, he handled everything profesionally,didnt jerk me around at all, and turned a potential headache of a situation into a happy ending and
I would gladly do business with him again

Kevin Luzzi
aka Ameivaboy
Six One Exotics

Old 05-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
varnyard
Awesome kevin, I am glad everything worked out for you. Also it is a super nice looking one!!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
romad119
Sexy, I believe that garters are underrated and am glad to see more people working with them. Glad to see you had a good transaction where both parties used communication like it should be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!