Changes addressing the ad bumping problem.. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #51
hhmoore
Rich had said numerous times that he's not going to limit one person's efforts just because another doesn't want to put as much work into their sales. If somebody wants his (or her) ads to stay on top, and is willing to repost several times daily, then he will maintain that choice ad positioning...as long as he manages his ads explained in my previous post.
To be honest, I don't usually scan the individual categories for duplicate ads (unless I'm bored, or can't sleep - then I might) - I just review the new posts regularly.
If somebody isn't managing their ads, report them or send me a message.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #52
nickolasanastasiou
Understood. I am just viewing it through a different lens, I guess. I would not mind bumping all day every day or reposting all day every day if that is considered acceptable work. It just did not fit with my impression of the spirit of the idea as I saw it (incorrectly or not). Thanks for the response.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #53
hhmoore
I understand your point...but there's really only so much that can be done. Prior to the changes about which this thread was posted, people were "free bumping" - often several times daily - and almost nobody cleaned house by deleting their older bumps. I have my settings at 40 posts per page; and I could click on ads that had 2 full pages of "bump", "ttt", "still here", etc. Part of the solution also caused a problem - people could no longer do multiple post ads, so now they make separate ads.
Sure, there are ways to fix the issues you mentioned...but at a price; and custom features usually need to be redone when updates happen. Basically, Rich is trying to keep the classifieds appealing and useful to as many members as possible. I think it would be great if we could cater more toward our paid memberships; but you've probably seen how things go when changes are made.
As far as the people reposting groups of ads - scroll through the BP classifieds sometime...there are a couple of sellers that take up a page and a half when they post or bump.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #54
nickolasanastasiou
Certainly.

As for the BP section, I have quickly noticed that which you have mentioned. My presence/involvement there is very small and, in some ways, I am almost glad it (the degree/extent of my presence) worked out that way.

Thanks again.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #55
Tugboat123
Oh crap. I'm a new member. I started my account the other day so I could post an ad looking for somebody to adopt my Russian tortoise. I had never heard the term "ad bumping". Sadly, I just did that. I've only done it once, and I won't do it again now that I know about it. Sorry.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:29 PM   #56
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat123 View Post
Oh crap. I'm a new member. I started my account the other day so I could post an ad looking for somebody to adopt my Russian tortoise. I had never heard the term "ad bumping". Sadly, I just did that. I've only done it once, and I won't do it again now that I know about it. Sorry.
Do not sweat it. I took care of the bump-style post this time. Just be mindful to avoid it going forward, please. That way there are no warnings and point-bearing infractions.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:06 AM   #57
Tugboat123
I just put a new reply on my post. I decided to make it so people could have the tortoise entirely for free if they can completely prove that they have knowledge of Russians and prove that he will go to a good home. I want him to be happy. Just letting u know it wasn't an attempt at an ad bump. I just want people to know that I wouldn't charge somebody who is a great tortoise owner.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:09 AM   #58
nickolasanastasiou
No worries.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!