"Upon Pain Of Death, I hereby.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
E.Shell
"Upon Pain Of Death, I hereby....

....SWEAR, as new member of the Fauna Classified family, to actually [b]READ THE DATES on ads before I dredge up 1 and 2 year old posts and spam the board to ask "Is this still available", especially when I have no intention of buying anything at all."

"Furthermore, I hereby promise NOT to ignore posted contact information (like emails, phone numbers and requests to use private messaging) and just blindly post "Is this still available." to every ad even remotely related to my interests, which further demonstrates my insincerity as a viable buyer."

Signed: [ Window Shopper ]

Reasonable addition to the terms of service?

Old 03-05-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Brilliant!

Old 03-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #3
WebSlave
I would prefer that the word "death" be replaced with "public flogging".

Old 03-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Shell View Post
....SWEAR, as new member of the Fauna Classified family, to actually [b]READ THE DATES on ads before I dredge up 1 and 2 year old posts and spam the board to ask "Is this still available", especially when I have no intention of buying anything at all."

"Furthermore, I hereby promise NOT to ignore posted contact information (like emails, phone numbers and requests to use private messaging) and just blindly post "Is this still available." to every ad even remotely related to my interests, which further demonstrates my insincerity as a viable buyer."

Signed: [ Window Shopper ]

Reasonable addition to the terms of service?
+1. I will vowel the same and can I add, I will delete all my old classifieds in a timely manner so they can't be resurrected from the dead thread grave.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
E.Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I would prefer that the word "death" be replaced with "public flogging".
Perhaps we could meet in the middle with "scourge".

Old 03-16-2017, 10:40 PM   #6
akane
There are plenty of exceptions to that which I've found/used. If it's several years old I'm not going to bother the person unless I find newer information elsewhere on the internet about their breeding plans and I certainly would not bring that particular post up or if it's some very specific individual animal probably not. Some posts a year old are still something someone is producing ongoing and hasn't continued to keep an updated listing or that hatches out yearly so what they listed last year will be available this year if you want to get a jump on it and first pick. I've made plans for fall US natives this year from last year's breeders and I'm following some for garter snakes that responded to others when they ran out last year.

I always find requests to use email specifically not returned no matter what I send and sometimes it seems pm is missed since it will send an email that a reply has been made to a post in your thread but not that you have a pm. Maybe there's a setting somewhere no one turns on. I've had to get some people's attention by posting on their thread instead. Others have commented to me the problems this has caused when people sent a pm and gave up rather than pursue the thread/listing despite it being around that year old mark. Out of everything I've bought 1 has been a current listing that responded promptly with only pm or their listed contact info. The rest I never would have gotten without doing several of the actions listed above.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:23 AM   #7
WebSlave
FYI, yes, the admin option is ON for members to receive email notices when they receive private messages. I double checked to make certain.

The biggest problem is that email services such as Google and Yahoo (and there are certainly others) tend to classify forum sites with a good amount of traffic via email notices as spam sources. So if a user of those services set their spam block options too high, then those email notices will be identified as spam, and not get to them.

Really nothing I can do about that sort of issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!