about siklback and their husbandry - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #161
KelliH
Oh, by the way, great post Alex.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #162
puppytoes72
kelli, ty for answering me.ya know, i didnt even click on the links you provided because i know MOST of what i said deserved points (and were well worth it) but i really don't see the difference between AZZ and ASSume,when jamie's intention was clear in her statement.i really feel there is favoritism on this site and i ASSumed that would be the answer i would get.again,thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM   #163
Hues1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
Alex-

I completely respect your opinion and your observations. But can anyone here honestly say that if this were me breeding these things, or Denise, or Sherri, or Michele, or Tracie (I apologize if I left anyone out), that somebody wouldn't be there chewing our rear ends for doing it? Sorry, but I don't think so.

In fact, I think were it someone like anyone listed above, we would be hauled off to the slaughterhouse, simply because the larger breeders are allowed to "get away with" a lot more than we ever would be.
Hi Tere

I agree to an extent.

But many projects are made or broken solely based on whom is producing them/selling them. There have been allot of great projects with potential that never really made it off the ground purely based on that scenario.

In my opinion, if any one of the people you mentioned above had come across this new mutation in their collection...I personally do believe that it would have been received much more pleasantly by those people you named just as long as it wasn't someone already considered "outside the box".

Its pretty evident that the same people over and over again have shown their dislike for the Dachius and people whom rally around them...vice versa. It would also make much sense that whatever the Dachius do or say will be criticized by these same people...vice versa.

A balanced debate would cover ALL the bases...PROS and CONS. A person, group, party, cohorts...etc., would / could / and who are willing to look at this objectively would look at BOTH sides of the argument. So far from what I personally see...it has been very one sided.

Objectively......
if the animal is suffering, in pain, not thriving, continually developing lesions, tearing, sores, ulcers, not healing from cuts bruises, constantly needing medical help...etc..etc..etc., then by all means STOP.

BUT......
if the animal IS thriving, not showing any discomfort, not requiring any special needs, not having continual medical issues...etc..etc..etc., then let it be.

Isn't that the important issue at hand? This thread really hasn't covered any of those positive/negative aspects, all I keep seeing are "Alessandro this", "the Dachius that"...they have already answered questions to the best of their ability. To keep playing "footsies" with them would only lead a person to believe that the real issue at hand is WHOM is working with these animals.

As of right now, there are not enough cons that outweigh the pros...YET. In my opinion...if the animal(s) are doing well ( as they seem to be ) then the real issue at hand is geared towards WHOM rather than the if, what and when. The whom should really not be the focal point at this time. Especially since these animals have not been around and studied enough to be condemned right out of the gate.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #164
KelliH
Quote:
kelli, ty for answering me.ya know, i didnt even click on the links you provided because i know MOST of what i said deserved points (and were well worth it) but i really don't see the difference between AZZ and ASSume,when jamie's intention was clear in her statement.i really feel there is favoritism on this site and i ASSumed that would be the answer i would get.again,thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Hey, sometimes maybe it's worth the warning points to say what you really feel. I just happen to be a "goody goody" type in that aspect and like to have zero warning points. BTW, You are very welcome.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #165
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Hey, sometimes maybe it's worth the warning points to say what you really feel. I just happen to be a "goody goody" type in that aspect and like to have ) warning points. You are very welcome.
it's not healthy to hold everything in

Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #166
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hues1
In my opinion, if any one of the people you mentioned above had come across this new mutation in their collection...I personally do believe that it would have been received much more pleasantly by those people you named just as long as it wasn't someone already considered "outside the box".
Alex,

Again, I see your point, and respect what you're observing, as well as your opinion.

I just have one more thing to say regarding who it is, then I'll shut up about it. If it were me doing this, and Denise didn't call me up and rip me a new one, I would think a LOT less of her, and the same would apply to anyone else who thought I was doing something that didn't sit right with them.

Case in point, I did just recently receive a chewing when somebody heard that I was breeding and incubating Adenovirus positive animals. Someone who didn't even know me at the time contacted me to let me know just how unhappy they were that I would do such a thing. I can safely say that had Denise heard this rumor, my phone would have been ringing within seconds.

I do hope that made some sense. It's been a fairly long day, and I'm trying to keep up with this in between working.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #167
KelliH
Quote:
it's not healthy to hold everything in
Don't worry, I let it all out at home, just ask my wonderful husband.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #168
puppytoes72
tere,i WOULD INDEED give you hell and not respect you anymore if you introduced the "silkback project"

Old 07-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #169
Dachiu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme
Also, at this time, artificial insemination techniques with reptiles is very rare even in real laboratory settings. These people creating this morph are NOT scientists, so what experience do they have with a technique that is only being attempted by veterinary researchers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachiu
((There are other ways of fertilizing a female that offer no direct contact - this has been proven by many. Plus, a Silk does not need to be bred to create another Silk.))
There are quite a few dragon breeders who have particular knowledge and have utilized artificial insemination - and have proven it to work. Just because a few of you are not privy to this information, since it is not printed on a care sheet, please do not ASSume that it cannot be done.

A female silkback does NOT have to EVER be introduced to a male - to produce viable eggs.

The ignorance and harping of a select few has become annoyingly repetitious.
Who are you to make a decision for anyone else - of what should or should not be? What successful experiences do you have in raising, caring for and breeding dragons that entitles you to the honor of forcing your opinion on others? An opinion that has been formed on ASSumptions?

It is obvious after reading these posts, that certain people’s sincerity is nothing more than superficial. You aren’t looking to learn anything and you’re not interested in any of the information that has been provided - unless it can be used as ammunition.
Puppytoes made that glaringly obvious in one of her posts.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #170
puppytoes72
" You aren’t looking to learn anything and you’re not interested in any of the information that has been provided - unless it can be used as ammunition.
Puppytoes made that glaringly obvious in one of her posts. " what exactly are you referring to vickie??

"The ignorance and harping of a select few has become annoyingly repetitious.
Who are you to make a decision for anyone else - of what should or should not be? " and WHO ARE YOU to create and promote something that was NOT MEANT TO BE ???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread