Back to Work - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
JColt
Back to Work

Well on Monday 13th I go to work doctor to be cleared to go back to work. My Cardiac surgeon and my Cardiac doctor have already signed off. First day back is Monday 20th.

My neighbor had been cutting my grass so last Friday I did for first time. I did take breaks between trimming and mowing front and back but was able to do it.

Been walking 3 to 5 miles a day depending on heat.

Been off since March 30th and not able to do much except last 3 weeks so looking forward to getting back at it. My dog will be bummed though.

On 22nd will be my 29th year there. Lots of crap going on with new mayor so I'm just going to do what I do and stay quiet. Thanks for all the support the last few months!

Old 07-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #2
bcr229
Welcome back to the rat race.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #3
Lucille
Glad you are improving, I hope that things start out at least relatively calmly at work.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
WebSlave
about you feeling well enough to go back to work.

concerning the fact that you have to go back to work.

29 years? When are you eligible for retirement?

Old 07-12-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
about you feeling well enough to go back to work.

concerning the fact that you have to go back to work.

29 years? When are you eligible for retirement?
I worked for a county agency for 4 years so I actually have 33 years in. I could have retired 3 years ago. I can get insurance through my union for just under $400 a month. If I add wife it goes to $1900 a month. Wife just turned 61 so I need to tough it out 4 more years. I'm a year younger than her. If work is going OK I will hold off till I turn 65 in 2025.There is a slight chance that she goes on disability which will allow her to qualify for Medicaid then I could look into leaving earlier.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
chrisis697
Good to see ya back & active Joe. Best of luck to ya.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:18 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
I worked for a county agency for 4 years so I actually have 33 years in. I could have retired 3 years ago. I can get insurance through my union for just under $400 a month. If I add wife it goes to $1900 a month. Wife just turned 61 so I need to tough it out 4 more years. I'm a year younger than her. If work is going OK I will hold off till I turn 65 in 2025.There is a slight chance that she goes on disability which will allow her to qualify for Medicaid then I could look into leaving earlier.
Hmm, yeah, that health insurance crap is a real "gotcha" when it comes to retirement plans. When I turned 65 and went on Medicare, that still left Connie needing insurance. We looked into that ObamaCare stuff, and I was surprised to discover that the way it worked out, we didn't have to pay a dime for her health insurance. Maybe it didn't work out well for some other people, but it sure saved us a bunch of money. Without it, her health insurance alone would have been around $1,500 per month. She went on Medicare just this past February.

So look into ObamaCare for your wife and check it out to see if it would help out in your situation. Watch out for Medicaid! I believe there are some "gotchas" involved with that too.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Watch out for Medicaid! I believe there are some "gotchas" involved with that too.
Wise advice. There can be some unwelcome, unexpected surprises if you don't know your way around.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:58 PM   #9
JColt
Well first day was busy. Repaired leaking toilet, fixed broken door handle, fixed another that was ready to break, unplugged garage floor drain, called 2 contractors about doing work that was supposed to be done in April and June, ran to hardware store to get De-ionized water for floor machine batteries and repaired leaking faucet. Tired at end of day but a satisfied tired.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:09 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Sounds like a busy day, glad you're back up and doing well!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!