Surveillance powers set to lapse with no deal in Senate - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 05-31-2015, 10:38 PM   #1
Dennis Hultman
Surveillance powers set to lapse with no deal in Senate

Surveillance powers set to lapse with no deal in Senate
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-31-19-36-38

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The National Security Agency is losing its authority to collect Americans' phone records in bulk, after GOP Sen. Rand Paul stood in the way of extending the fiercely contested program in an extraordinary Sunday Senate session.

But that program and several other post-Sept. 11 counter-terror measures look likely to be revived in a matter of days. With no other options, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, in an about-face, reluctantly
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul: 'I’m not going to take it anymore'

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...ake-it-anymore

Quote:
Sen. Rand Paul burst back into Washington on Sunday evening making clear that he is not relenting in his battle to hobble the Patriot Act.

“Are we going to so blithely give up our freedom? Are we going to so blindly go along and take it?” the Kentucky Republican and presidential candidate said from the Senate floor, raising his voice to reach the approximately two dozen supporters wearing “Stand with Rand” t-shirts in the chamber gallery.

“I’m not going to take it anymore,” he added. “I don’t think the American people are going to take it anymore.”

Old 05-31-2015, 10:45 PM   #2
Dennis Hultman

Old 05-31-2015, 10:51 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman

Old 05-31-2015, 10:55 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
"We have all the tools we need to preserve both security and liberty"

http://time.com/3902561/sen-rand-pau...al-nsa-spying/

"Sunday, I will continue my fight to end the illegal collection of American phone records. The Second Appeals court has ruled the NSA’s bulk collection of phone records illegal. We should not be debating modifying an illegal program. We should simply end this illegal program."

Old 05-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #5
FosterHerpetological
Rand might get some liberal voters with that move.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!