What happened when I trusted Bill Leverton and loaned him money! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Laura Fopiano
Stop! What happened when I trusted Bill Leverton and loaned him money!

Okay my fauna Friends, this will be a very long story so bear with me.

Many of you remember when the BOI thread broke about billy and the dbl het ghost boa. Well, during that time, bill and I became friends. He was not just my friend, I loved him and considered him my family. We talked on the phone every day if not twice a day.

He was one of the few people that I let get close to me during my divorce. He held me together emotionally when I couldn't do it for myself. He listened to me cry, gave his opinion, held my secrets, and made me laugh. He was not just my friend he was my best friend.

I am the kind of person who wears her heart on her sleeve. When my friends need help I am there. When my friend needed a sounding board, I was there to listen, to comfort, and help in any way that I can. We walked through many tough things together. Divorce, death, fights with our kids, fights with our ex's, and through it all, his friendship never failed me. Until now......

Billy's ex wife Vicki had wrecked her car in a terrible accident, Matt (his son) had wrecked another vehicle, and they only had one car, billy's truck. The truck needed repairs, so in May of this year, my friend was in trouble and needed a loan to fix his truck, in which I was asked to borrow money for the repairs. 2600 was loaned and he promised 200 a month until the loan was re payed.

Our friendship took a turn for the worst when I got into a stable relationship and announced that I was moving to Georgia to live with Bryon Adzic (Bryonsboas) On 12/7/06 I received a phone call from billy, he claimed that he had Bryon investigated through a friend in Ga. including all military records. He stated that "something bad was going to happen" to prevent my move, and that "Bryon was only using me to get to my high end boa collection", among other things that were said.

Well, needless to say, I am furious at this attempt to sabotage my relationship and or try to discredit a man that I find extremely compasionate, honest, and trustworthy. Below is a copy of the pm that I sent to billy
Quote:

Dear Bill, I am writing to you about an unpaid debt for the repair of your truck. Per our phone conversations, you informed me that you would pay me 200 dollars per month until the debt has been repaid. Below is a copy of what has been sent, and I must say that you are grossly behind. Due to our close friendship I ignored the missed payments and broken promises. As per your phone call to me this morning, I obviuosly put too much stock into our friendship and should have tried collecting this debt long ago.

I choose to write you instead of calling due to the fact I need to have a record of this in writing and I honestly have no desire to speak with you. Please do not attempt phone conversations, they will be ignored. I want nothing more from you then the repayment of this loan At this point in time, I will not be taking this to the BOI, for it was personal and not reptile related. However, if you choose to ignore this debt I will be forced to post on the BOI and let others know of what transpired between us. Right now I am feeling used and betrayed and if I can prevent someone else from going through this I will.

Please understand, that in your attempt to protect me from Bryon, I have lost any respect that I ever had for you. Bryon and I will be married in the future, Bryon and I will face all obstacles together, and Bryon and I will rise above any and all attempts at a relationship sabotage. The road to hell is paved with "good intentions", Bill. Your phone call this morning was insulting and degrading. I have come to far in life to be subjected to such things.
I will be expecting the first of 13 payments of $200 dollars by Dec 15th, 2006 and additional payments of $200 every other week thereafter until the debt is settled. The final payment due being $100 on June 8th 2007.

Thank you,

Laura Cox
May 14, 2006 Payment To Bill Leverton ClearedDetails -$2,600.00 USD Aug. 31, 2006 Payment From Bill Leverton CompletedDetails $100.00 USD
I recieved this pm
Quote:
12-09-2006, 06:57 AM Bill_Leverton
??
I know you said My calls will be Ignored .....But even a Prisoner gets a phone call.
Bill attempted a phone call but I chose to not to accept it since I didn't want to hear anymore of his nonsense.I then recieved this email
Quote:
Unfortunatly, I won't be sending any money on the 15th, But by the close of
business on the 21st it will be in your account,Me
Well, the 21st came and went....no money, no phone call, nothing. I called his home at 9:45 pm, his son answered, I asked for bill, the line went dead. I called back, got the answer machine, and left a message. I also sent an e-mail that to date has gone unanswered.

I have chosen to post this here, rather then on the BOI. Yes it does pertain to his character or lack there of, however, it was a personal loan and not a reptile deal.

Thanx for reading my fauna friends.....I wish I had payed closer attention to those around me that believed he should never be trusted again.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #2
shrap
Laura,

I am really sorry that you are having to go through all of this, but I am glad that you finally decided to air this publicly.

As you well know, I am one of those that never believed Bill was ever anything more than a lying self serving scumbag. No matter how hard he tried to act otherwise. I just plain was not buying it.

You told me about all of this some time ago and it has been VERY hard for me to not blast Bill with both barrels. Particularly every time I see someone defending him in their posts. You asked me to keep it to myself and I did, but it really has been hard. The man was a scumbag from the beginning and will always be a scumbag. Again, I cant say how glad I am that you made this public just so people will see just how much of a scumbag he is.

Pay attention folks, this is how Bill treats his close friends. Or at least those he tries to get close to so he can use them for what he can. The man has no morals, ethics or conscience. He is nothing but a con artist.

Again, I really am sorry this happened to you Laura. You are the last person that deserved this kind of betrayal.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
varnyard
Well, that just 110% sux. Bill, how could you?

Laura, your heart is too big.

I was in the chat one night with Bill, I made a comment about once a scammer allways a scammer. He asked me, what about him? To this question, I did not answer. I guess the answer is right here now. All though this might not be the case with some, it sure seems like there are a few that will never grow out of being just plain bad.

Bill, if you meant all of the things you told the members here for that last few months. Then by all means, prove it now.

Also, what is it about some of the members here of late? Are some of them loosing their minds?

Old 12-22-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
Lucille
Laura, I am so sorry for all this grief and disappointment you had to bear.
I feel for you, and that is a lot of money.
I did not understand at first why the $20 in 'The Bet' was to go to you and now I do. I hope that Bill pays all the funds he owes to you in a timely manner from here on in.

Congratulations on your new life with Bryon, you deserve all the happiness life can give you.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Laura,

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you.

Regards.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
Wilomn
Well bill, it seems the cement shoes have dried, all you have left to do is jump.

I'm really disappointed.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
I'm really disappointed.
Are you really?

This leopard has shown his spots way too many times. I'm waiting for the "poor me, I just had to have brain surgery" line again. Yes I said again.
Bill can't fix his own truck let alone have anyone investigated. This is the most pathetic example of a man I've ever seen in my life.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #8
Art Klass
That blows Laura. I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Do what you can to recoup your money, but write it off in your mind and focus on your future with Bryon. I wish you two the best of everything.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Klass
, but write it off in your mind
And on your Federal Income Tax, see section 166(a)&(b)2005 ed.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #10
Casey Hulse
Wow that is very sad. I am sorry for you, but glad that Bill was/will not be able to affect your relationships in the future. Every cloud has a silver lining they say. Seems like he could have hurt you more if you had let him.
Bill, I hope you have some idea of how much of a low down dirty scum you really are

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!