Bad Guy JAY (JUSTIN) CLARK: CREATIVE EXOTIC (CE) REPTILES - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
ash123
Thumbs down JAY (JUSTIN) CLARK: CREATIVE EXOTIC (CE) REPTILES

My name is Ashley Fortin and I want to share my experience and maybe even ask for help!

Jay Clark (when he spoke to my sisters lawyer he used the name Justin Clark) posted an ad on Kijiji several months ago for 3 stackable white PVC tanks with doors on hinges listed for $500. Immediately I e-mailed him, he seemed pleasant enough I paid a deposit of $200 via e-mail money transfer to hold the tanks. He offered to ship them but my sister said that if there was a reason to got to Vancouver she would drive me (she was wanting a reason to go to ikea ). I told him this and asked if I could pay the other $300 in cash when we picked the tanks up. He requested that I pay the remaining balance via e-mail transfer first, I know that wasn't a smart move but at the time I really trusted him and really wanted to get those tanks, so I did.

Feb 15th/14 made the trip out to Abbostford where his u-haul storage unit is, he officially lives in Mission though. I was very over whelmed when we got there and had to help move all sorts of stuff out of the way (chairs, a small table, punching bag etc) in the rain. When he pulled out the tanks they were not the ones advertised!!! These tanks were made of wood, with sliding glass doors and a divider in the middle. LET ME ALSO SAY THAT THEY HAD BEDDING, FECAL MATTER AND SHEAD IN THE TANKS. I was so shocked but my sister and Jay had already started loading them. I know I know I should have jump in then and said 'no go'. I felt really bad having my sister drive me all over the place and she was anxious to get going. We managed to fit 2/3 tanks into her SUV and left. 2 blocks down the road I confessed these weren't the tanks. We stopped the car got out measured and inspected them. They would not work. I have a female sunglow boa that is expected to reach 9ft in length. At this point I was hysterical and my sister called Jay for me. She explained that we had really hoped these would work but we just can't make it happen and we were still missing one which means two trips via ferry. On the phone he explained that he had given the tanks in the ad to his friend and that they were in terrible shape, yellow and worn, and that these are the better ones. Crystal (my sister) was very clear, it doesn't matter which is better or whats the best deal (as he had been pushing) but these are not what I paid for and that they wouldn't work. We met back at the storage unit and he was pleasant still. We unloaded the 2 we had and help put them back (as he was worried the rain would damage the wood). We apologized for loading 2/3 to begin with and said we wanted out money back. HE AGREED!!!!!! He said he didn't have time to get cash out for me but would e-mail transfer the money back at approx 9pm. Foolishly I believed him and we rushed to try and catch the ferry back home. !0:30 pm approx he e-mailed to say that he intact forgot to tell us that he "Does not do returns for exchanges on used items", WHAT?!? At this point we were shocked as he had, only 5-6hrs early agreed. We bantered back and forth via e-mail and he instead that his reputable breeder friends say he should not return our money. My sister told me she would call her lawyer Monday, I passed that message on to Jay. Crystal's lawyer works for Watson and Gopel in Vancouver, he said that small claims court is the next step but he did say to call Jay explain what the lawyer said and give Jay a change to call and work this out. He spoke with her lawyer and then we never heard anything. He still refuses to answer my calls.

I have been trying to take him to small claims court for 2 months now but it is incredibly hard to track down his address! (If anyone knows I would be eternally grateful). I defiantly learned my lesson! Never pay someone in full and always do your research! I trusted his company web page and later found this: http://www.missioncityrecord.com/news/220061711.html
DO NOT TRUST HIM! I keep running into and meeting online more and more please who have had terrible and very similar situations!

I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK!
$500 may seem like a drop in the hat but at 19 that is my rent!

Old 04-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
ash123
Thank you! Actually I was in contact with Kim68 who wrote that second forum! She said the only was she got her money back was by telling what happened! So I've done this for two reasons 1. In hopes my money will be returned and 2. So people will be aware of Jay Clark!!!

Old 04-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash123 View Post
Thank you! Actually I was in contact with Kim68 who wrote that second forum! She said the only was she got her money back was by telling what happened! So I've done this for two reasons 1. In hopes my money will be returned and 2. So people will be aware of Jay Clark!!!
You are welcome.
Great that you are in contact with Kim68.
BTW If you read the article, and Jay' s/Justin's is not in it, look at the paperwork (enlarge if needed) and Jay' s/Justin's address is in there.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Pasodama
* Jay' s/Justin's address

Old 04-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
ash123
I did see that address 39081 Van Velzen Ave but he has since been evicted from there.
The help and pointers from everyone has been great (obviously not only this forum)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!