Inquiry BRANDON RICHTER - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #21
IslandArboreals
"Hey Scott do u have a minute. I was talking to my partner and we just can't let the animal go... I'm very sorry for your time. I will refund you the $100 right now. But. On the other hand. I have insane sunglows for less money then her that I can still send u. Please let me know if you're interested and once again I'm very sorry for the bad business. I feel terrible."

I'm not sure how to post the actual text here, but I sent it to my email then copied and paste. Above is the text I received from Brandon, word for word.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #22
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
That is exactly what I was trying to say about someone who ends up refunding and not selling an animal. It's just not a black and white situation. It's not that cut and dry. A large part of whether it's a bad move or not depends on the motive behind it and the circumstances that surround it.

I did it to a person. I did it because after taking payment for the snake I started looking at the buyer's photos of their setups. Needless to say, I couldn't consciously send one of my animals to live there knowing it would likely end up dead, and elected to refund. I am never ever going to be convinced it was a bad decision or that it makes me a bad business person.
Doing it for the safety/welfare of the animal is a completely different context than if one is in a pinch or feels attached to the particular animal. I consider the former one a valid reason, as they serve the animal's needs. I do not consider the latter two to be valid reasons, as they serve the seller's emotional desires and they effectively imply that the seller's feelings are more important than those of the buyer.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #23
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandArboreals View Post
"Hey Scott do u have a minute. I was talking to my partner and we just can't let the animal go... I'm very sorry for your time. I will refund you the $100 right now. But. On the other hand. I have insane sunglows for less money then her that I can still send u. Please let me know if you're interested and once again I'm very sorry for the bad business. I feel terrible."

I'm not sure how to post the actual text here, but I sent it to my email then copied and paste. Above is the text I received from Brandon, word for word.
What was done to you was distasteful.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #24
laterob
Yup. Much different than Shannon's case, and Brandon admitted to it being wrong. Perhaps it wasn't really his to sell ("partner").

Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #25
johnmartino
I agree he wasn't robbed financially. But he could have been "robbed" of another opportunity. While he was thinking this was a done deal he could have missed out on another animal that might have been for sale. If you are in a bind or any other reason people might have and than that situation changes, Pull the ad, don't try to bait and switch with another inferior animal. Just bad business in my book.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #26
David Scarboro
I think that it comes down to honor. If I tell someone I will do something then it is my makeup to try and do it. All situations are different but there is an age old saying that "you are only as good as your word". I choose to make my word my bond, others often do not.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #27
JCCS
I agree with David. Once you decide to put an animal up for sale and then go as far as to accept money for it, you've entered into a contract with the buyer. Backing out at that point shows poor character, period. This is just as bad or worse than a buyer backing out of a sale, as there is no possible financial excuse for the sale being voided, unless someone is just upset that they might have sold it for too little money.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #28
ShadowAceD
Have you guys seen this animal posted?

It is insane and a massive investment opportunity for someone to ramp up their projects.

This is bad business.

You got someone's hopes up on being able to work with this animal and produce some seriously killer stuff in the future only to rip the rug out from under them from seller's remorse.

Buyer's remorse is not acceptable, why is seller's?

Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #29
ShadowAceD
The animal in question.

It seems really skeezy to offer an animal like this and then tell them they can buy another Sunglow you have.

This is not a common Sunglow if the photos of you post of it are accurate and you know it, Brandon. Not just any other Sunglow is comparable.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #30
ShadowAceD
I realized a few days ago I sold the nicest Hypo in my litter to my friend. She put down a deposit on it.

Even though I hate that I sold it, she's still getting it because I made that commitment to her. My seller's remorse on it does not matter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!