Question for Delta Dash "Known shippers" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
DavidButton
Question for Delta Dash "Known shippers"

I am in the process of becoming a Delta Dash known shipper and am having my inspection tomorrow and I am wondering what that will intail. I work out of my house and the guy who called to set up the time, who was not the actual inspector, told me that the inspector would want to walk around and check out my facility. When I explained that the location was my house he said that the inspector would still want to walk around and check things out. Now I don't have anything to hide, but I don't like the idea of somebody poking around my house either.
So my quetion is this, has anyone else here gone through one of these inspections and if so what did they want to see?

David

Old 02-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
evansnakes
You are thinking about this the wrong way. The guy that will be coming to your house, who is one of the people who works at the airport you want to ship out of, does not work for the government and does not care about your house. He is ONLY there to verify that you have a number of cages and animals so that they feel you are being honest with them when you tell them you will be shipping animals on their planes. Simple. Don't worry about it. It is not a big deal.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
Mark and Aimee
Evan is right...

They come, see that you have reptiles, and leave. They just want to see that you actually have the animals.

They will, on occation, open your packages at the dash office to inspect after this, but its no big deal at all.

Aimee

Old 02-07-2005, 10:54 PM   #4
DavidButton
Thanks for the info guys. I am just a very private person and didn't like the idea of having some stranger poking about in my house and neither did my wife. If they want to see some snakes though, they will have come to the right place. I do hope the guy is not afraid of snakes either because the first thing you see when you walk into my snake room is 2 huge cages that house my almost 14ft. albino male burm and my 13ft. normal burm. Some people who have come over are kind of taken aback when they first come into the room. Neither are aggressive in any way, but they are rather intimidating because they both like to come right up to the glass and take a look at who has come into their room. The boas on the other hand could care less who is there.

David

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!