Kelly Reggie - Caught in a SCAM! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #11
KNOBTAIL
The reason why I suggested in

keeping the monies...........why should the shipping be paid by KCRD. We both know that this scammer is not going to pay for the snakes to be returned. This scammer took the gamble that the road was a one way ticket to some fast money. Its his loss!

But the story is not over yet! I am sure this thief will come up with something that will provide him with a more secure method of stealing monies from unsuspecting buyers in the NEAR future. His name will be back on the BOI.

I just hope that an inquiry is made here at the BOI before any deals are consummated. Their is no place for these kind of people in this industry. But it never surprises me how they seem to get attracted. Thank goodness for the infinite memory of the BOI

Old 02-12-2006, 11:35 AM   #12
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL
keeping the monies...........why should the shipping be paid by KCRD. We both know that this scammer is not going to pay for the snakes to be returned. This scammer took the gamble that the road was a one way ticket to some fast money. Its his loss!

But the story is not over yet! I am sure this thief will come up with something that will provide him with a more secure method of stealing monies from unsuspecting buyers in the NEAR future. His name will be back on the BOI.

I just hope that an inquiry is made here at the BOI before any deals are consummated. Their is no place for these kind of people in this industry. But it never surprises me how they seem to get attracted. Thank goodness for the infinite memory of the BOI

Jerry,

In no way am I suggesting for KCRD to pay the return shipment. But they can give the other party the option of sending a money order for the return shipment, cash it to avoid the “stop payment” option, and then send the snakes. Similarly, you are not going to send the snakes “collect” because he will more than likely leave them at the FedEx/UPS depot. It’s obvious this individual was trying to pull a scam on KCRD. They made the right thing by bringing it to the BOI attention, but they shouldn’t “spoil it” by keeping his money or his snakes.

Regards.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #13
KNOBTAIL
well!

What other options are open. Either the snakes are sent back or their not. If they are, as you indicated , they are to sent collect. The snakes will not make it, or the receiver will not pay for the shipping.

If the snakes are kept, either they will be paid for or not. If you are suggesting that KCRD send some sort of payment for the pythons, then I think that would be a serious mistake (legally). So I see no other option than to keep them. Lets see what this guy is willing to do about the snakes.

Personally, I think he is willing to take the complete loss and move on. For sure he is not going to sue, or hire an attorney or come here to the BOI complaining about KCRD or make any attempt to get the snakes back free of charge!

Old 02-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #14
shrap
If there is no further contact from Kelly Reggie and he makes no arrangements to pay for shipping the snakes back, what is one to do?

I say you keep them or sell them. Whatever you want to do. At that point they are abandoned animals.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #15
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
If there is no further contact from Kelly Reggie and he makes no arrangements to pay for shipping the snakes back, what is one to do?

I say you keep them or sell them. Whatever you want to do. At that point they are abandoned animals.
That would be the way to handle it. Give him/her a reasonable deadline to decide how he wants to handle it. In fact KCRD will need that time frame to adequately treat the animals for parasites before selling them. If he decides to send payment for the return shipment so be it.

Here is what was stated:

Quote:
In no way am I suggesting for KCRD to pay the return shipment. But they can give the other party the option of sending a money order for the return shipment, cash it to avoid the “stop payment” option, and then send the snakes.
As it was stated, there's no way KCRD should pay for the return of the pythons.

Best regards.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #17
Zoo Supply
I gotta tell ya Immediately when I saw the location of this person and that they were selling "cb" adult female balls I thought of.....Ray strickland.
TOM

Old 02-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
Good catch Dennis!

Regards.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #19
hhmoore
You know, Dennis, it's kind of funny because I saw that same old Jungle Carpet/Diamond pic on Reptile Auction last night (except this time "she" is a pure JC, and the male is JC/D)...I went back and got the username, but am unable to post questions to the seller (for some reason my account has not been reactivated). I would rather not post the name here until I can be certain that it is the same.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #20
KNOBTAIL
Dan, sending

money for the snakes , if they were in fact sold by Dennis would open a padoras box. At that point the shipper could say he was legally entitled get paid. The situation of a stopped payment, and then receiving the snakes, and selling them is not a good idea. For all intents and purposes, the shipper abandoned the snakes, and a closure has been put on this situation. If the sender somewhere down the road attempts to recover any monies, let him sue. For sure their will be no additional out of pocket expense on his part.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!