BEWARE- WildandWacky Reptiles - John John Peragine - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #11
FloridaHogs
O.K. Must make apologies. Just got off the phone with John, and he is very apologetic about what has happened. It was a pleasant conversation, and he explained the breakdown in communication. He has told me that he will refund the difference before Aug 3rd, so I will let you know how it goes. Also, Mr Johns Farms and Wild and Wacky Reptiles are not one and the same, but different business run by different family members in different locations. Sorry for that confusion and some of my harsh wording earlier. He has has given me some ideas on getting these girls to feed and has offered to send me some of the frogs/toads they were feeding on while he had them. I will update on the follow thru and let everyone know how it goes. Hopefully everything will get set right, and this will have a peaceful ending.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #12
FloridaHogs
Yes, I got screwed yet again by this guy. Did not pay as he said he would. I take back everything nice said in the previous post! He and his son he said. Well, if that is the case, then they are both frauds, and both do BAD business. He sells diseased, missexed, and maimed (blind)animals!! So my next move is to call all these show coordinators and tell them about him, as well as showing up at these events and parking myself next to his table to "talk" to all his customers!! Think he will pay attention to me then??

Old 08-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #13
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHogs
He sells diseased, missexed, and maimed (blind)animals!! So my next move is to call all these show coordinators and tell them about him, as well as showing up at these events and parking myself next to his table to "talk" to all his customers!! Think he will pay attention to me then??
If you take that approach you'll make him smell like a rose. Don't do anything inside the show. Document everything on flyer's and distribute copies to people as they go in. Trust me, he'll step outside and try to make things right with you.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #14
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
If you take that approach you'll make him smell like a rose. Don't do anything inside the show. Document everything on flyer's and distribute copies to people as they go in. Trust me, he'll step outside and try to make things right with you.
A most excellent idea. It will work too, unless the guy is a total coward too.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #15
Chameleon Company
Jenea

Quote:
Document everything on flyer's and distribute copies to people as they go in. Trust me, he'll step outside and try to make things right with you.
Whether you attempt the above advice is up to you, but my belief is that any show organizor would have you removed from the show if you attempt the above actions, or at least would direct you to cease any form of overt complaint or protest within the show, lest you be removed. I do think it highly likely that John will be more receptive to your just showing up there and attempting to speak about a resolution. It also is usually a good time to catch vendors with money with which to settle a debt.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #16
critical bill
Jenea, the only noise you should want to hear out of John is the sound of crisp bills peeling out his pocket. He knows he owes it to you so no chit chat is necessary. The time for trading pleasentries are over.

Take some action, get some satisfaction, hand out the flyer's and you'll have your compensation with an hour of starting. Neither he or the shows organizer is going to want this going on outside all day.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #17
Wilomn
Sidewalks are public property. You have a right to assemble peacefully there. Just be nice and smile and tell folks about the thief inside.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #18
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Sidewalks are public property. You have a right to assemble peacefully there. Just be nice and smile and tell folks about the thief inside.
Its how people got it done in the 60's....from what I hear.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #19
Chameleon Company
I admit that I was a bit dismayed to see anyone want to pay that much for a hognose. So I edjumucated myself to the scarcity of southern hognose, and am now the wiser. I am in their range, and my property is loaded with hognose. I'll be checking under the tails from now on ! Seems the scourge of the fire ant may be the culprit ...... and I detest the little buggers already !

That said, and purely for rhetorical reflection, but why are we buying from anyone named "Wild and Wacky Reptiles", and isn't that name better suited for a ride at a traveling amusement show ? Who even thinks of a name like that? A "child of the '60's? When you are out on the sidewalk, might as well carry a sign "Don't buy from Wild and Wacky Reptiles" since we're having a '60's nostalgia fest.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #20
FloridaHogs
Well, I have sent of a very pleasant, but detailed email to the event coordinators of about 7 different shows (some show in multiple states though ) educating them to the type of person this man is and the bad business he represents. Not to mention the diseased animals he might bring. Hopefully, I will get some responses. This has all around been a bad experience for me, but it is also an ethical issue. I would like some sort of refund, but really want to stop him from doing this to others and to the animals! Someone that has no problem ripping off another person is not going to be consciencous enough to take proper care of their animals. I do appreciate all of the support and advice. I still might pass out fliers at the shows, but would prefer him not to be allowed at the shows to begin with. I will let you know what kind of responses I receive from the emails sent.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!