John Light JL Exotics? Bad Guy Maybe!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #31
jlexotics
Corey forgot to ad that I was dealing with matt goldman at the time who had told me he was going to take care of the purchase. He had said you all were like best friends....nothing I can do about that.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #32
David Reid
John

Your reply seems a bit underwhelming. A 24 hour guarantee is fine, as a health guarantee, shipping guarantee, live arrival guarantee, but if an animal does not eat, ever, and dies, how is that not your fault, at least partially. Yeah, if they guy force fed it, that might have had something to do with the snake's death, but if a snake is not eating, and you are not returning his emails, what is a guy supposed to do? It looks like you owe him a snake!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #33
UK_Reptile_Distributors
I just spoke to John after seeing the thread. Ryan, I do feel for your loss here to. I will say regardless of the Academy on Johns Part, a commitment is a commitment. Being formerly certified in Law Enforcement, I do know what John is saying on the academy however even cadets have alot of weekends off. I am talking this out with John as a friend from my home town to sort the issue peacefully. John at this moment is calling someone to try to get a super pastel if he can and asked me if I can find one that will meet your satisfaction. I don't know the full past between Mr. Corey Woods by any chance with John, however when I seen Corey has posted and I have complete respect for him, it sparked my attention. Now Ryan, I don't know you by any means, but if I can locate one to meet your satisfaction from a reptable breeder. Would this settle everything between you all? I am not sure if I can, but I would be willing to do my best at no cost under the contracts that I have.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #34
UK_Reptile_Distributors
Please keep in mind Ryan, If I locate one that meets your satisfaction, John would need not only need to pay but pay shipping too.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #35
Corey Woods
John,

Seems a little more than an inquiry. I've never heard of Matt Goldman.

Quote:
----Original Message Follows----
To: python_1979@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Ball Pythons
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:34:37 -0500

Corey,

I'll take him! Does $7500 include shipping? Can you give me till friday to send you the money? What forms of payment do you accept? I can't wait to see the crosses you produce! How many grams is he? If I had your phone number I'd give you a call and firm this up over the phone! Feel free to give me a call!

John Light
JL Exotics
(954) 691-5489
Quote:
----Original Message Follows----
To: python_1979@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Ball Pythons
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:14:15 -0500

No Problem Corey!!!

My Information is:

John Light
7911 West Upper Ridge Drive
Parkland, FL 33067

Miami Airport: Air Canada

Is there anything else? Let me know! Thanks again Corey!!!

John Light
JL Exotics
(954) 691-5489
http://www.jlexotics.com
Corey

Old 07-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #36
jlexotics
I understand you have never heard of him but that's not what the bunch of lies told me. I was told to seal the deal and then he'd take care of it. A lot of crap went down with him but that's another story. I am sorry for that! I don't typically inquiry on an animal and then take off. I don't say I'll purchase an animal and don't follow through. Again, I'm sorry.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #37
windycitymorphs
Well John, long time no talk. Don't play off like you didn't check your e-mail or change your phone number. You knew all about it and did nothing. Of course after tons of e-mails and calls to a phone number that was no longer in service, you would be a little more then upset. You knew of the issues of feeding prior to selling me the animal, hence the e-mail you sent to me and your past reply on this forum. I bought an animal that was supposed to have no feeding issues, an animal the you assist fed, an animal with issues. Yes I contacted you after I got it, and I was happy it was a very sharp looking animal. I also kept in contact with you about the feeding issue I had with him. You knew about it, you even sent an e-mail stating so, as I posted. You chose after that to not make things right.

I am not some kid who doesn't know what I'm doing. I have been working with reptiles since I have been a kid. I have worked at the Chicago Reptile House for 14 years, I have been keeping and breeding a collection of 60 + ball pythons for several years now. I very familiar with the feeding habits of ball pythons, but when an animal after three weeks can barley lift his head from malnourishment, to me that animal has not eaten in a very long time. That is why I was forced to force feed him.

John, you screwed up, it wasn't like this was new news to you. You sold an animal with a feeding issues, even though it may have ate for you? It had a history. People make mistakes, but you have to make them right. If you don't have the means of making them right, then guess what. YOU SHOULD BE SELLING ANIMALS!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #38
windycitymorphs
Rick, I appreciate you opening your resources to help out with this situation. The ball is in John's court now, and John should make it right. Not only have I lost an animal but I have lost 6 months. As most people know who are into Ball Python thats a good amount of time for a male. As Sammy and I know that is a lot of grams lost.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #39
Amelia
I have known John for a few years now myself, and even dealt with him. In all the time I have known him and in dealings with him everything has always gone very smoothly without a hitch. Obviously there have been some problems not only with the super pastel passing, but also on Corey's end of things from another dealing. I know from years of experience if something is feeding for one person at their residence it does not always guarantee that after shipping it will feed for someone else, but also in my experience a typically healthy animal will not starve itself to death. He should have come up front that the animal did get off to a rocky start though, his fault for leaving that bit of very valueable information out. Hatching out quite a few ball babies each season here we always will have a few who take some time to really take off on their own, it happens.

I am really hoping that matters can be resolved both with the super pastel and if anything can be done to resolve Corey's situation with John.

Good luck to all parties involved.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #40
OzzyBoids
Ryan Meyer

I don't know much about what's going on here, but I just wanted say that I have been dealing with Ryan for a while now and he's good people. Hopefully you guys can work out your issues.

Good Luck!

Amad "Ozzy" Osman
OzzyBoids

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!