Bad Guy Deans Reptiles - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #231
boid99
I believe IBD was also found in a California Kingsnake, I remember reading about it in an old Vivarium magazine.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #232
crotalusadamanteus
Not quite proven in other species like it is in Boids, it's suspected though. They have found "similar" inclusions in Bothriechis marchi, which is reason enough to treat all snakes as potential carriers. Might be more then one strain.

From the 2nd edition of Reptile Medicine and Surgery, Juergen Schumacher writes...

"Exclusively members of the Boidae family have been diagnosed with this infection, but evidence exists that other reptile species either may act as carriers of the virus or may show different clinical and pathological signs than Boas and Pythons and therefor may go undiagnosed. A study of of captive bred and Wild caught Palm Vipers, (Bothriechis marchi) with clinical signs similar to Boid snakes with IBD, showed eosinophilic inclusions with ultrastructural features similar to IBD."

Old 12-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #233
SakaraGT4
I hear you guys on the different strains... I would imagine that is very possible... I know even humans can have inclusion bodies... They are found in people that have Alzheimer Disease and other things... So who knows....

and Heather, I know you were checking for other things that he may have picked up... I don't blame you -_-

BTW... I was on vacation for 10 days and had a very trusted friend watching my animals, they are still all alive, eating, pooping, shedding as normal... So I'm still praying... lol... And I STILL have NOT heard back from James about my refund he said he was going to send me...........

Old 12-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #234
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
I STILL have NOT heard back from James about my refund he said he was going to send me...........
Unfortunately, you'd have a better chance of a fat man in a red suit sliding down your chimney. Well we all know who has been naughty now haven't we james?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #235
DAND
A little birdie informed me james is selling snakes on Craigslist. Maybe some folks will receive their reimbursements after he sells them (don't hold your breath ).

Odd though how he was down to only one snake then all of a sudden he has more to sell but no money to reimburse those who he owes. He is a real piece of .... work.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #236
SakaraGT4
fun......

Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #237
SakaraGT4
Alright guys... Well when DAND posted the craigslist post, I took my husbands phone and texted him asking about them.... I'll let the pics do the talking... What happened to not having any more animals to sell James? What happened to not taking in anymore animals? Not trading for anymore animals?

Also, we have requested our refund again and if not, we have already traced his phone number and will be acquiring his address so that his summons to court can be served if he does not give us our refund And my hubby was not as nice as I was in my emails to James.... I will post those later...

The text convo... And I'll leave his number on there in case anyone else needs it, since he likes to call with a blocked number...

Old 01-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #238
DAND
Want to try and talk your way out of this one james? Maybe it was your son doing the texting or may your pet cat?

Old 01-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #239
April Homich
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
and at least I do quarantine -_-
Not to be a nitpicker, but in the path report you posted it states that they were kept in the same room, but separate. In the future it's much better to keep them in separate rooms if you can when you quarantine. I hope the rest of your snakes are okay.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #240
SakaraGT4
I actually did... I had this guy in a different room... I told him my other snakes were in the snake room in separate enclosures... They just took notes and gave me the report a week later...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!