Filter for turtle tank - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
KinkySkink
Filter for turtle tank

A friend of mine has a 55 gallon turtle tank with two RES and a Map Turtle. She is having an issue keeping the tank clean and I was wondering what all you turtle people are using. Personally I stay away from aquatics and stick with desert lizards, so I really didn't know what to tell her. Anybody have any favorites or suggestions?

Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Darkice
For a 55 gallon with 3 turtles i would reccommend using something like a fluval 305 or something cheaper with the same filtration power. I use two fluval 305s in a 100 gallon tank with 4 map turtles and it barely keeps up. The main thing is to not over feed them. THe food will dirty the water faster then anything and cause a bad smell. Feed them and when they finish remove any excess food,

Old 04-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
hadenglock
A canister filter is going to be your best bet, if you have a 55 gallon tank of water, then use a canister rated for 150+ gallons to ensure the best waste removal. i wouldnt bother with underwater filters with aquariums larger than 40 gal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!