sleeping on side?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-26-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
TooManyBurmese
sleeping on side??

One of the new burms that came in sleeps on her side. She has just shed, and ate well. Her feces also look normal. She does have an appointment for tomorrow night at the vet, but perhaps there is a common cause?

She has been Q'd since her arrival.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #2
Hognose_311
maybe a broken bone or a "bruise" of some type....that may explain it... or........ organ failure...

Old 09-28-2004, 01:29 PM   #3
TooManyBurmese
I dropped her off at the vet last night. They did an x-ray while I was there, everything looked fine on that level. Now I am waiting on cultures and bloodwork.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:33 AM   #4
KingGemini
keep us posted on her status =)

Old 09-30-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
Seamus Haley
Kinda meant to ask you about this when you mentioned it...

Is there any chance she's gravid? A lot of boids will end up in odd positions if they're shifting around a belly full of eggs but other than that, injuries or illnesses I don't know of a common reason why this would be the case on a regular basis.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:19 PM   #6
TooManyBurmese
Nothing found in fecal exam, and they did a CBC for a nice FAT fee. For some reason they are mailing me the results, so I will scan them in when they arrive.

Gravid?! <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>. But wouldn't eggs have shown up on the x-ray? I wonder if the image was low enough on her body to have seen the ovaries.

There is always a chance they're gravid when they come here. I rarely know their history. If she was gravid, then I may have killed the eggs by feeding her, correct?

I deleted a bunch of DLL files on my computer by accident (don't ask hee hee) so I can't reinstall AOL. I am on another slow computer with no AOL and an insane amount of pop-up... things, which I will have to fix later. Seamus if you could respond with your thoughts on the chance of her laying although she was fed?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!