Cinny vs firemon after shed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Ball Python Cafe
Cinny vs firemon after shed

Two out of the four in question have shed... posting pics for yalls scrutiny and comments. Thanks in advance!

First guy that shed...

Second guy who shed...

Other two haven't shed yet...

Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Ball Python Cafe
Anyone have any helpful comments on whther you think they are cinnys or firemons?

Any help is very appreciated!

Here are the other two that have finally shed...

Old 08-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Ball Python Cafe
Anyone?

Old 08-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Focal
They all look like cinnies to me. Do you have pics of the parents?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
snowgyre
They all looks like cinnies to me as well. Nice looking cinnies though!

Old 08-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Ball Python Cafe
I will get pics of the parents for you...

Here are pics of last years cinnies for contrast.. these just dont look anything like them..

Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
Ball Python Cafe
Father

Mother

Hope that helps!

Old 08-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
Focal
They could be and it might just be the camera altering the color. Most of the time, fire will destroy those pretty little cinny loops, interconnect them and keep them from "floating." You will also see that fire tint in the alien heads and the lack of the head spot makes it harder to determine. Cinnamon is a very overpowering gene. Of course, with ball pythons, nothing is certain.

I do see the contrast between the two, but cinny blushing can vary quite a bit. After looking again, I do see some mild speckling on the rear of the back stripe that's consistent with the fire/sulfur, but not enough to say for sure. You may have to put some age on them to see it for certain.

Try getting some high resolution pics or reach out to a fire expert local to you. Some fire breeders can pick it out in a heart beat in person.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
Focal
Below is the back speckling I was referring to. I don't see this often on hatchlings and it shows more with age. This is a sulfur so I'm not quite sure how early it shows with fire.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!