eyes wont open - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
catch22qs
eyes wont open

i recently got a dragon about a week ago. it's still pretty young (about 5 inches long). so, the other night i noticed it wasn't opening one of it's eyes. then yesterday i noticed it couldn't open the other one either! now it can't see, and i am worried that it wont be able to see it's food. i tried to stimulate it to open them up, but it just moved the eyeballs around (trying to open). has anyone ever seen this before? is it just preparing to shed it's skin over it's eyes?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
I have never seen that happen before and unfortunately can't offer any other advice than you need to make a visit your vet.

Good luck,

Old 08-22-2006, 02:10 AM   #3
dragonchick88
Thomas we had the same thing happen to our year old female!! She quit openign her eyes for about 2 months, thought something might have been wrong but she was eating and pooping just fine..well we thought she was going into brumation so we kinda just left her alone and didnt force feed ehr or anythign just kinda didnt disturb her..we still put food into her cage but didnt bother to feed her live stuf just incase she was brumating..well after a while of shutting off her lights early and not bothering her she now leaves her eyes open and is like she used to be. Is it still eating and using the bathrom? If so it might be there is something in its eye irratating it. I dont think it would be brumation for your since it is so young. Try takign some eyes drops and rubbing its eyes and dropping some drop in there at the same time to encourage it to open them...if this is not helping then GO TO THE VET IMMEDIATLEY! She could have something way worse than maybe some dirt up in its eye...it could be something as bad to cause an eye to be removed!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!