I'm not a BS'er LOL. I have LOTS of blue dumbos - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #41
Amelanistic Orca
And with Deborah's comments; I'm good!!! McLovin it!! Still here though... All day everyday!! And; I did slip some codom dumbos to my partners here on and off fauna for more "testing.."

Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #42
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
My 2 cents:

From my own eyes observing and comparing:

Tom Smith's Rats may be Dumbos, but they appear GREY/GRAY not blue or any shade of blue which I am familar with or any of the shades described in the research articles. They are also drowning in their own feces. He would have been better served to clean up the tubs before photographing them and perhaps putting the animals in a better light than the dark tubs. As it is, I can't imagine buying one of the rats pictured as a pet.

Tom P's animals appear blue and/or have bluish hues much different from grey/gray. His tubs are also cleaner and imo they are the sort of rats that ARE sold at pets in the upperscale petshops and online.
blurry pictures inside an opaque tub might have something to do with the coloring in the picture?

Drowning in feces? Quite a dramatic statement.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #43
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
Sazooki fer life... Those pics are disgusting to us... Please refrain from more... And; have you ever ridden a CBR 1000??? You'd be singin a different toon my man.. Lol.. By the by; it woulda read negligence... Not with the E in there... Had to... Sorry bud... I do commend ya on your defense strat though?? My man!!

sorry man...most Gp championships. Suzuki. Most HP made from a street legal bike aftermarket: Suzuki. Fastest recorded production. Suzuki. Fastest streetbike in the world (salt flat racing) Suzuki.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda, but the guys on Suzuki's whip their butts.

When you learn to take the training wheels off the Ceebeeare...you can come stare at my Suzuki, but don't touch. You can't handle the power.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #44
suzuki4life
I just talked to Tom Pecanic on the phone, funny fellar for sure. I had to set him straight about them motorcicles.

My opinion:

I am having fun here like I hope everyone else in this post is. I hope EVERYTHING is being said tongue in cheek. I have faith that it is. So have fun, follow the rules and keep Deborah on her toes. This is the place for it. Keep it out of the for sale ads. To all parties involved....keep on keeping on.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #45
Amelanistic Orca
Right to my new man suzuki4life... We had a nice conversation right now, and I retract all negative comments to my new man!! We both met eye to eye; and I'd like to call him my friend; I'd like to; pretty sure he would too... I stand corrected on the bike situation too; he wins!! Lol.. But; I still like my lil baby!! Lol... Shootin a friend request to ya now Gary!!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #46
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life View Post
I just talked to Tom Pecanic on the phone, funny fellar for sure. I had to set him straight about them motorcicles.

My opinion:

I am having fun here like I hope everyone else in this post is. I hope EVERYTHING is being said tongue in cheek. I have faith that it is. So have fun, follow the rules and keep Deborah on her toes. This is the place for it. Keep it out of the for sale ads. To all parties involved....keep on keeping on.
Oh, I was having fun. Couldn't you tell?

On the serious tip though..the tubs needed to be cleaned..I'm sure by now he's cleaned them, it was probably cleaning day when he snapped those pics It's just a peeve of mine that people will take pics of their beautiful animals in less than pristine conditions. It does distract from the beauty of the animals.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #47
suzuki4life
I run 1.8 in oversized mortar sized tubs (3x2) and clean every 10 days. At day ten, those do look pristine compared to what my tubs look like. I guess it all depends if you produce 10 rats a week, a 1000 or 10,000.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #48
Amelanistic Orca
It's just for the love of the "snake food!!" I'm feelin it.. They got one in Afganistan seeking IED's... He gets treats for each one scented; has a custom suit for protection and does a damn good job!! Why; he's light enough to not set em off!! Gotta hand it to em now!!! Got ratties!! Get sum!! They're awesome!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #49
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life View Post
I run 1.8 in oversized mortar sized tubs (3x2) and clean every 10 days. At day ten, those do look pristine compared to what my tubs look like. I guess it all depends if you produce 10 rats a week, a 1000 or 10,000.
Suzuki, you know me from elsewhere, I don't waste my time defending anyone, their actions either accuse or defend on their own, I just usually point out what I observe (USUALLY).

I run 1.4 and sometimes 1.5 (when I have new girls, I put an older breeding female in with them to help). I clean every 5 days, because that's what my schedule allows...if I did 10 days, I couldn't live in my house. Also, I would dislike touching rats that I have to take out of a mound of fecal matter and substrate (I'm girly like that).

I am sure there are a ton of people with similar cleaning schedules as yours and TomS, to each his own. I do not care, I am simply saying do not photograph them like that. It serves no marketing purpose.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #50
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Suzuki, you know me from elsewhere, I don't waste my time defending anyone, their actions either accuse or defend on their own, I just usually point out what I observe (USUALLY).

I run 1.4 and sometimes 1.5 (when I have new girls, I put an older breeding female in with them to help). I clean every 5 days, because that's what my schedule allows...if I did 10 days, I couldn't live in my house. Also, I would dislike touching rats that I have to take out of a mound of fecal matter and substrate (I'm girly like that).

I am sure there are a ton of people with similar cleaning schedules as yours and TomS, to each his own. I do not care, I am simply saying do not photograph them like that. It serves no marketing purpose.
yeah my rats don't share my house, they have their own building with the bugs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!