SnakeSnare.com - Self Explanitory - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-06-2004, 11:03 PM   #11
Rockford
Great Job!!!

Great job on those e-mails. Hopefully he will reconsider his selling efforts. I would imagine there might be a liability issue if a kid were to get his hands on one of these and use it improperly(if there is a proper way to use them) and get bit by a venomous snake.

If you notice on the website he said using it to relocate a snake as well. How do you relocate it....if it were venemous? Does it come with directions? What a schmuck this guy is!!!

Anyway, well done.

Brett Thacker

Old 12-06-2004, 11:30 PM   #12
Damon Theis
I also saw the site before it was pulled. Tim, very nice job on the letter.
That "snare" was designed for one thing; and it was not relocation.

Old 12-07-2004, 12:41 AM   #13
Tim Cole
Angry More Description details...

A member of another list saved his cache from his visit of the website. Here are the details:

"Product Information

a.. Lightweight
b.. Cost effective
c.. Clean
d.. Weight: 3.5 lbs
e.. Dimensions: 3/4" x 60" (it's five feet long)
SnakeSnare® SnakeSnare® Lite
a.. Fully assembled SnakeSnare®.
a.. Ships in a 60" cardboard tube.
a.. US $35.00 (includes shipping and taxes)
a.. Order Now
a.. "Do-It-Yourself" SnakeSnare®. Assembly required.*
a.. Ships in an envelope. You provide the 60" pipe. All other parts
included.**
a.. US $15.00 (includes shipping and taxes)
a.. Order Now

* Required tools: a drill with 1/8" drill bit, a knife or scissors, "vise"
pliers or other pliers, and a pop rivet tool.

** Included parts: compression fittings, 480 lb cable, caps for pipe, custom
foam grip, 5" T handle, pop rivets, assembly diagram.

SnakeSnare® is the least expensive engineered product in the industry for
catching snakes. Perfect for neighborhoods, golf courses, and community
locations where gunfire is impractical or illegal.

SnakeSnare® can capture a snake for relocation but is designed for instant
decapitation. Many neighborhoods feel that a good snake is a dead snake.
Hunters use the SnakeSnare® to harvest valuable skins without damaging the
snake by shotgun blast. The skin and meat are more saleable with instant
decapitation.

Top 10 Uses

a.. Use SnakeSnare® to capture a poisonous snake and relocate it to a
better environment; up close and personal snake traps

b.. Use SnakeSnare® to kill a dangerous snake instead of using a firearm,
especially if gunfire is illegal;

c.. Use SnakeSnare® to harvest valuable snake skins without damaging the
snake by shotgun blast;

d.. Use SnakeSnare® to instantly decapitate a snake. The skin and meat are
more saleable with instant decapitation;

e.. Use SnakeSnare® to kill dangerous rattlesnakes and vipers and other
snake breeds;

f.. Use SnakeSnare® instead of expensive snake tongs for snake hunting and
snake catching;

g.. Use SnakeSnare® to catch snakes for snake control and relocation to
other snake habitat;

h.. Use SnakeSnare® to kill unwanted snakes such as cottonmouth,
copperhead, viper;

i.. Use SnakeSnare® to hunt for snakes and reptiles with this manual snake
trap;

j.. Use SnakeSnare® to remove snakes from golf courses, public areas,
camping sites, mobile home parks, trailer parks."

Looks pretty grim. Lets hope they take it off the market due to the pressure put on them today. I would say we are headed in the right direction with the closing of their site.

Old 12-07-2004, 01:02 AM   #14
ms_terese
WHOA!!

I believe I saw that they were in Arizona? Is that legal there?

In Missouri, you'd get arrested for setting traps like that. There's no "season" for harvesting native snakes, and therefore not legal to kill them unless it's a confrontation with a venomous animal and you're in danger.

How horrible.

Old 12-09-2004, 01:27 AM   #15
IanV
Hey Guys,
I was contacted by them a while back to test out the snares. I agreed to it before I saw the decapitation part on his website.
I have used the snare a few times to help hold on to a slippery annie or rock, but otherwise they are just not worth it unfortunately.
Good to deal with though, just not a product I can back anymore.

Ian van Natter

Old 12-09-2004, 01:31 AM   #16
IanV
Oh Yeah, he isn't in Arizona anymore, but I don't think it fair to say where he is.

The snare worked great for holding cages open. I used it to try to hold on to some slippery snakes (mid-body of course) but couldn't tighten it enough to hold on well.

Just to say, the guy isn't evil. We may not agree with what he does, but we can educate instead of flood him with nasty emails.

Ian van Natter

Old 12-09-2004, 01:32 AM   #17
Tim Cole
Thumbs down Error of their Ways...

Ian,
If you know how to contact them, maybe you could point out this thread along with all of the others concerning their butchery.

Old 12-09-2004, 01:44 AM   #18
Tim Cole
Lightbulb Educate him?

I would be surprised if that was possible in light of his actions. I'm glad the website is down and I feel we accomplished something by that. Maybe after all of the protesting and educated mail he received he will take it off the market!
And I thought Rattlesnake Round-ups was on the front battle lines. We can only persist. I believe the numbers of letters may be more effective than the contents of the letters providing they are well written with uneducated being the word to use instead of @#*^% words!

Old 12-19-2004, 02:56 AM   #19
IanV
I am posting here regarding some of the emails that John has been receiving.
While I do not have a problem with anyone emailing him explaining that killing snakes (in our opinions) is wrong, when it comes to personal threats and such, that crosses the line into criminal activities.
John lives right next to one of my cousins and he contacted me to see if I could help him test them out since he wanted to market these for restraining snakes in the same line as hooks and tongs. The product works great, just a little bit to hard to get it to hold on to a slippery annie or rock without hurting the snake.
I know he made them for himself and people in the past who used them to legally hunt rattlesnakes for meat or skin. I do not think John made these for people to go willy-nilly to kill everything that slithers.
John is a good guy, even if you do not like his opinion on things. While I do not support people killing snakes legally, I also do not see the problem (if it is legal). IF you do not like the product, a simple email explaining WHY you do not like the product is much better than threats, so please keep it civil if you feel you must contact him.
Instead of being hateful, why dont you try to educate him that we do not support the killing of snakes (Though I am sure most of us are fine with it as long as it is not against the law in the area). With a little work, I feel the product could become as useful as a hook or tong. I also feel that they can be used by those who are scared of snakes to properly catch snakes to be released far away from their neighborhoods or homes.
[/ rant off]
Let's just keep it civil guys. Education is best in cases like this.

Thanks,
Ian van Natter

Old 12-19-2004, 03:06 AM   #20
IanV
By the way, this was not a direct assault on anyone, I am just sharing my views. If you are offended by something I said, then feel free to contact me and we can talk through it off the forum.

Thanks!
Ian van Natter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!