Where do your dogs sleep? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:31 AM   #21
Cat_72
*snicker*

Tere says she didn't influence you in the LEAST, Paul.

Old 11-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #22
coyote
Absolutely NOT in my bed. When I'm in it I don't share and when I'm not I don't want it collecting dog hair.

I have two dogs. Neither of them is the froo-froo type (which might get special privilages). There are three dog beds available. One under the computer desk, one in front of the clothes dryer and one in the living room beside an upolstered chair.

My 12 year old son doesn't mind sharing his bed. At any given time of the day either could be in any spot in the house. If they are not outside.

They are not allowed to sleep on the clean laundry either; as my son tends to be a little lax in putting his away.

Old 11-17-2005, 05:46 PM   #23
techgirl
my dogs, the lab mix and the whippet sleep in the bedroom on the floor. they have a chair all to themselves out in the living room if they want something else to sleep on. any clothes that get on the floor becomes an instant dog bed. they are not allowed to sleep on the bed because of allergies and also the whippet will toss and turn all night long that she drives us crazy. the cat sleeps on the rocker in the baby's room. no one else is allowed to touch that chair because she will let you know it.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:35 PM   #24
dragonflyreptiles
Well hubby does not allow dogs in the bed and I do so when we have a rescue I sleep on the couch with the dog and both kids pile on too, makes for some crowded sleeping situations when its a large dog like our current rescue but its keeps the peace for sleeping arrangements lol (And I prefer the couch anyway so the doigs may be a little of an excuse hehehehe)

Old 11-17-2005, 08:33 PM   #25
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
LOL. Tell more about the planned new dog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
*snicker*
Tere says she didn't influence you in the LEAST, Paul.
I'm sorry, but a good friend can't show me puppy pictures and NOT be baiting me.
Besides, there are too many coincidences for me to just ignore. First of all, if you look at Jersey's right arm in the pic on my bed, she has a hot spot. This is her first one. It happened right after an extended weekend when I was gone a LOT. Unfortunately, she couldn't come with me like she usually would. She's really emotionally needy, but I wouldn't call it separation anxiety, since she almost never acts out while I'm gone (as long as she has access to my bed). Seriously, she's addicted to me. Even though she LOVES to go play on mom's farm, she turns into a nervous wreck around midnight if I'm not there. She won't sleep, won't eat and can't hold still. All she does is wander aimlessly around the house whining, usually with a sock or something of mine in her mouth. I honestly think that a second dog to keep her company would make my absences less stressful on her.

Also, two other good friends of mine have dachsunds and I've really grown fond of them. I had done a good deal of research on them years ago when a previous roommate had been contemplating getting one, so I'm not alien to their specific characteristics and needs.

Finally, Tere's pups will be ready for new homes right in the middle of my winter break from classes and 1/2 the snakes will be brumating, so I will be able to afford the time to drive to AZ to pick him up. On top of that, I'll have the added benefit of finally meeting Tere, John and their kids in person. I've talked to all of them (yes, the kids too. lol) on the phone so much that I feel like I know them very well already, and right now wouldn't want to buy a new dog from anyone but them. (Plus, who from WI wouldn't want to head to AZ in the middle of winter? )

...heh Tere told me what color he is, but I kinda forgot with all the cramming for exams I've been doing lately. He's either an isabella & tan dapple or the precedent set by McConnell v. The Federal Election Commission. After I get him, maybe I'll have to start a poll to get help picking a name for him.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #26
Cat_72
Well, I'm VERY glad you're getting that one Paul.......cuz if pressed, I could NOT have said NO to that one. Heh.

Dachsies are wonderful dogs....I'm partial to the hound breeds anyway....we've already decided that when our ol Molly gal crosses Rainbow Bridge, we'll get a Dachshund. Hopefully that won't be for a long time yet....

And yeah, after the way the weather has turned around here, a trip to AZ sounds AWFUL nice right about now, lol.....we did actually hit 20 degrees today. EESCH.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:10 AM   #27
PoohBear03031
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1976
All three dogs and four cats sleep right in the bed. The pit-mix cannot fall asleep unless she is snuggled up to my wife under the covers. Make me jealous sometimes

Just how big of a bed do you have? I have a queen and I don't have enough room with one dog!

Old 11-18-2005, 08:22 AM   #28
PoohBear03031
As I mentioned in the above post, my dog sleeps in our bed. Whoever goes to bed last has to fight for a spot. Which is kind of funny considering my dog is only about ten pounds soaking wet, and rather small. She sleeps spread out though, and is not a happy camper when moved. She will usually move for me without much of a fuss, but my fiance has had to bribe her with treats to get her to move. I shamelessly spoil all of my pets. I have gone through too many pet beds, toys, treats, food, ect. to count. My animals are very picky.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:56 PM   #29
eddie1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear03031
Just how big of a bed do you have? I have a queen and I don't have enough room with one dog!
We have a Cal KIng. My wife uses the shepard and the pitmix as a heater under her blankets and the terrier usually uses me as a mattress. ANd when you add in the cats there is not a lot of room on the bed

Old 11-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #30
PoohBear03031
I would imadgine not, how nice of you to buy a cal. king bed for your animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1976
We have a Cal KIng. My wife uses the shepard and the pitmix as a heater under her blankets and the terrier usually uses me as a mattress. ANd when you add in the cats there is not a lot of room on the bed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!